Av 2010 On Win 7 X64

Hi - first post here guys. Hopefully someone can shed some light on this issue I have.

I've just built a new machine. Intel i7-920, lots or RAM, fast hard disk etc so resources are plentiful.

Installed Windows 7 x64 and everything functioning just fine.. nice and fast.

But after installing BD AV 2010 my log on times increase dramatically. Where once log on was almost immediate the time taken now is approx. 3-4mins (not exaggerating).

Disable all options in the AV 2010 settings panel, restart machine and everything back to normal. Turn AV back on and slow log on once again. It also seems to slow the log off but not to the same extent.. This is not good. Nothing is written to eventviewer of significance. No process is eating up the CPU nor is there any frantic hard disk activity so not sure what the delay is.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what might be the problem? or better yet, anyone have a fix?

Comments

• Hello SH79,

In order to troubleshoot the issue you are encountering we would like you to follow the steps below:

1. Open My Computer.

2. Browse to

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010

- considering that BitDefender was installed on the default C partition

3. Doubleclick on the supporttool.exe file

4. Click on Next, wait a few minutes for the progress bar to complete and then click on Finish

5. Go to the desktop, upload the report here then send me a PM with the download link .

Thank you.

• Hello,

I have exactly the SAME problem !!!

Big computer w/ I7 920, 6G of RAM...

and windows 7 64b and BSIS 2010.

And the login is very long... So, I permit myself to post here and to PM you with my supporttool file.

Thanks for that.

Maybe one point: I test the differents modules of BD, but only the anti virus slow the logon. The FW don't affect it.

• Hello SH79,

In order to troubleshoot the issue you are encountering we would like you to follow the steps below:

1. Open My Computer.

2. Browse to

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010

- considering that BitDefender was installed on the default C partition

3. Doubleclick on the supporttool.exe file

4. Click on Next, wait a few minutes for the progress bar to complete and then click on Finish

5. Go to the desktop, upload the report here then send me a PM with the download link .

Thank you.

Hi Alex - the file has been uploaded. See link:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/l6fjzi

I had removed BD from my system..no point having it if it doesn't work correctly. So, I've had to reinstall and reactivate etc in order to use the supporttool.exe. I did buy a 3 user serial but because I've reinstalled and reactivated does that mean 2 of my serial usage has been used up?

D.Sly, looks like we have very similar hardware builds. I too have 6GB of Ram installed. Hopefully we'll both have working systems in a couple of days.

• Are you sure you don't have any trial AV installed? Occasionally 30day trials of Norton / Mcafee comes with bundled software.

If you have other AV programs installed, please remove them using their removal tool.

• Are you sure you don't have any trial AV installed? Occasionally 30day trials of Norton / Mcafee comes with bundled software.

If you have other AV programs installed, please remove them using their removal tool.

Hi Chesda, thanks for the response.

In my original post I said that I had just built a new machine. I didn't buy one so it doesn't contain any bloatware.

So, most definitely does not contain any trialware.

• Hello SH79,

We have analyzed the files that you have sent us and there were no other applications that may interfere with BitDefender. Next time you install BitDefender, just in testing purpose, please follow the steps bellow :

1. Open the BitDefender window in Expert Mode;

2. Select the Antivirus module in the left part;

3. Make sure the Protection level is set to 'Default level';

4. Disable the Real-time Protection;

5. Then disable the Antiphishing Protection in the lower part of that same window;

6. Select the Parental Control module in the left part;

7. Make sure that none of the Windows accounts has the Parental Control enabled;

8. Select the Privacy Control module in the left part;

9. Disable the Privacy Protection;

10. Select the Vulnerability module in the left part;

11. Disable the Automatic Vulnerability Checking;

12. Select the Firewall module in the left part;

13. Disable the Firewall module;

14. Close the BitDefender window and check if the issue still occurs.

If the issue is solve by disabling all those modules, please try to enabled just one at a time in order to check which of the BitDefender modules is causing this issue.

Note: if the BitDefender product you are using does not have all those features, please disable the ones that you have.

We are looking forward to hearing from you.

Thank you.

• I've done as you've asked Alex.

On my installation I can enable the following modules without impacting the log on times:

* Antiphising

* Privacy Control

* Vulnerability

* IM Encryption

I don't have a Firewall option to disable or Parental Control.

Once I enable Real-time Protection under Antivirus the problem returns.

D.Sly earlier posted the same results after his troubleshooting.

What next Alex?

• Hi Alex - as you know I'm still with an AV solution.

I can wait a little longer for a remedy to my problems but not indefinitely. At some stage I'll need to just get a refund and use another product - which I don't really want to do.

An update would be good..

• OK ok, sorry, I was not there for a little longer.

As I said upper, only the AV module affect the loggon, so, I thought to a little trick:

If we could disable the AV module just before the logoff, and reanable it just after the loggon, this AV module will not interfere with pure loggon, but will launch itself after. With a little time with "unprotected" system, we don't have the loggon problem.

Sure, if it works, it just the time to wait a real "patch" from you, BD !!

Maybe we could put 2 ****** in the loggon and loggoff ******, in gpedit.msc, but I don't know if we can command the AV module by a batch ******. Maybe with doing a net stop vsserv ? I don't know, I can't try it cause my machine is not there...

Thanks for all

And, no, I don't have any norton or else...

Dangerous.sly

• Hello d.sly and SH79,

If possible, just in testing purpose, we would like you to follow the steps bellow :

1. Open BitDefender in Expert Mode, click on the Antivirus module and under the Shield tab click on the Advanced Settings button .

2. The BitDefender Active Virus Control Settings window should be displayed . Please disable this option, reboot your system and let us know if you have the same delay during the logon.

Thank you.

• Hello d.sly and SH79,

If possible, just in testing purpose, we would like you to follow the steps bellow :

1. Open BitDefender in Expert Mode, click on the Antivirus module and under the Shield tab click on the Advanced Settings button .

2. The BitDefender Active Virus Control Settings window should be displayed . Please disable this option, reboot your system and let us know if you have the same delay during the logon.

Thank you.

Hi Alex - after doing what you ask above the log on issue is resolved. It still takes longer than usual to log off but no longer than 30secs.

Is this the permanent remedy or will I be able to re-enable all the options without the log on penalty later? i.e. will there be a patch\code fix?

• Hi Alex - after doing what you ask above the log on issue is resolved. It still takes longer than usual to log off but no longer than 30secs.

Is this the permanent remedy or will I be able to re-enable all the options without the log on penalty later? i.e. will there be a patch\code fix?

Well Alex - anything further to add or do you consider this case closed?

For me it is simple - the product is not working as it should.. turning off features that don't play nice is not a proper resolution.

Back to my previous post - will there be a patch\code fix? or am I just expected to keep waiting with a half functional system. This is beginning to drag on now.

• sreichenbach
    edited November 2009

Hu Hu, no way for me, guys !!!

after uninstall and reinstall bd 2010 IS, logon always loooong... Even without the active virus control setings....

I'll try to do the trick that I tell before: desactivating virus shield at logoff, and reactivating after logon.

But maybe a command line syntax will help me ???

Thanks

• Hello d.sly and SH79,

Thank you.

Hi Alex. I'm not seeing any more feedback from you. You must think this issue closed. I do not. Please respond.

• same for me.

Thanks a lot.

ds

• Hello d.sly and SH79,

We have contacted you through the email. Please reply when you have time .

Thank you.