Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Came Here Looking To Replace My Current Av Program

Options

Hello everyone,

This is my first post to the forum. I am looking to replace my current AV program because of lack of support. They even took down a 10-15 year forum board and replaced it with a new community board and scrapped all kb articles. I came here after reading a review from a review site giving BD a top10 gold star award. My first clue that this was probably not going to solve my problem was when I logged onto the site to see if it had a support forum. There was no link to this forum that I could find on the home page. I had to do a google search to find this forum. I also couldn't find any links to the user's guide(so I could get a look at the program before buying it). I read the forum pages to see what kind of problems I can expect with a new program and to see how the problems get resolved. After reading all the posts about the blank internet pages problem and the lack of response(over a good amount of time) from BD, I'm reminded more of the company I'm replacing than a company that wants to keep existing customers and attract new ones.

The one thing I haven't been able to figure out from reading the posts is which products are having this problem. Is it just BDIS10 or is BDAV10 also having the problem? Some posters don't list the product they are using and this forum covers both products.

All that being said, is there any reason I should devote my time and money to this product? I'm only interested in the Anti-virus program.

Thanks,

I'm using WindowsXP SP3

Comments

• dave r
    edited November 2009
    Options

There are small amount of Review sites that provide unbiased and honest info on products, as most are simply paid to tell lies to sell

BD did used to be one of the best if not the best av software in past years,but i seriously can doubt this is still the case,

basically they are guilty of rushing out an unfinished product, which they have done also in past years,but not with so many problems as this version,that is now some 3months old from official release date, as for some of these probs i would say the majority are affecting all av is ts ,2010 products as for the blank web page ,bug, that is in the latest build (3nov 2009)builds prior to that did not produce this problem but running a earlier build requires the user to manually update, as the new build product update would be also downloaded and installed using the auto update feature , that is basically where some of us are still at waiting for news of yet another product update to undo the errors the last one caused and provide a proper fix to all the earlier problems

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello jcmc,

In order to contact the BitDefender support, you need to access our website:http://www.bitdefender.com/ and under Home/Home Office protection section, click on the Support link. Here you have the possibility to browse through some BitDefender articles .If you did not find any solution to your issues after reading one of those articles, you are asked if you want to contact the BitDefender support and advise to click on the link that will help you do this. Also, on the lower left side you should see a red CONTACT button. If you click on it, you will also be directed to the BitDefender page where you can send us an email, contact us through our chat services or see the telephone numbers where you can contact us .

If you want to find more information's about all of our products, please go to our website http://www.bitdefender.com and under Home/Home Office protection section, click on the Productslink . The "More Info" button will direct you to the page where every product have a detailed description, including the user guide of each product and a link to the installation kit of the trial version.

All we can recommend you at the moment is to install the trail version of BitDefender to see how is working on your system.

Thank you.