Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Update Problems, Game Mode, Etc

Options

I have been unable to update for several days. When I do try, it will go to 15%, then 25%, then hover between those two before finally stopping with no error message on the update screen, only the "failed" on the "fix all" screen. I applied a manual update about two days ago. Now, when I go to update, it says that game mode is on... So I turned game mode off. It crashed, restarted, etc.... so I went into the Game Mode/Laptop Mode screen to see what was going on. Game mode is flashing on and off really fast, by itself. There's obviously something really wrong here. Suggestions?

Comments

• ksr1219
    edited November 2009
    Options

Btw, I'm on Vista SP2 with BitDefender Total Security 2010

• ... Anybody?

• dave r
    edited November 2009
    Options

Hi if you read some of the other post's you would know,ok so far there is no 100% working cure for this from bit defender, as the fix is "hit & miss" there is also an alternative solution that is to roll back to an earlier build and manually update virus signatures only until such a time bd release a proper solution that definitely works on 99.95 of users pc's,

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello veritas,

In order to be able to further investigate this issue please follow the steps bellow :

1. Open My Computer.

2. Browse to

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010

- considering that BitDefender was installed on the default C partition

3. Doubleclick on the supporttool.exe file .(in case you have Windows Vista or Windows 7, right click on the the supporttool.exe file and choose "Run as administrator" )

4. Click on Next, wait a few minutes for the progress bar to complete and then click on Finish .

5. Go to the desktop, upload the report on http://www.sendspace.com/ then send me a PM with the download link or reply to our email with the report attached .

Thank you.