Bsod And Bdselfpr.sys

A problem appeared ~ 11 nov; after logon, but before everything has loaded I get a BSoD (Win XP, sp3). It is STOP: driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL with bdselfpr.sys listed. By trial and error I found that the problem disappears if I remove SD card before boot. I ran BD 2010 repair tool recommended by BD chat but problem seems back. I've seen some "sandbox" stuff on the forum linked to bdselfpr.sys but I don' t have that (and don't know what it is). Help?!

Comments

• A problem appeared ~ 11 nov; after logon, but before everything has loaded I get a BSoD (Win XP, sp3). It is STOP: driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL with bdselfpr.sys listed. By trial and error I found that the problem disappears if I remove SD card before boot. I ran BD 2010 repair tool recommended by BD chat but problem seems back. I've seen some "sandbox" stuff on the forum linked to bdselfpr.sys but I don' t have that (and don't know what it is). Help?!

Hi, mick60!

Please provide more information about system (hardware & configuration): laptop/desktop, hardware description, bdselfpr.sys version and product version, etc.

It will be very useful to find out from where problem comes.

Cheers!

• Hi, mick60

Can u upload the minidump somewhere and then post the link here ?

Can u tell me the laptop model ?

Is the SD card special somehow ? Are there any appz using the SD card at boot time ? Is there any autorun app on the SD card ?

This BSOD occurs every time at boot only if u have the SD card plugged in ?

• Hi, mick60

Can u upload the minidump somewhere and then post the link here ?

Can u tell me the laptop model ?

Is the SD card special somehow ? Are there any appz using the SD card at boot time ? Is there any autorun app on the SD card ?

This BSOD occurs every time at boot only if u have the SD card plugged in ?

Sorry, but I don't know how to respond to "upload minidump" - how I get it and where to upload it to??

The computer is a dell inspiron mini 9 (910) notebook; I have the "my documents" folder there but that has been OK for months until a few weeks after BD 2010 Int Sec installation. No autorun stuff on the card and I don't think it ever happened without the card installed (90% sure...). It certainly was never a problem with BD 2009.

Thanks for your help

• Hello mick60,

Usually, when you receive a Blue Screen error, Windows creates some special files that stores information's about what determined the crash. These files can be found in the next location from your system : C:\WINDOWS\Minidump . We would like you to go to this website: http://www.sendspace.com/, and upload these reports . If you have the possibility, you can archive the files found in C:\WINDOWS\Minidump under a single file then upload the resulting archive.

Let us know if you need further help.

Thank you.

• Hello mick60,

Usually, when you receive a Blue Screen error, Windows creates some special files that stores information's about what determined the crash. These files can be found in the next location from your system : C:\WINDOWS\Minidump . We would like you to go to this website: http://www.sendspace.com/, and upload these reports . If you have the possibility, you can archive the files found in C:\WINDOWS\Minidump under a single file then upload the resulting archive.

Let us know if you need further help.

Thank you.

Here it is I hope...

http://www.sendspace.com/file/pkp2mh

thanks

• Hello mick60,

Indeed, the crash is caused by the bdselfpr.sys file. If possible, please go to the next location: C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010, right click on this file, choose Properties, then click on the Version tab. Let us know please what version does this file has. Also, you can find in this post, a workaround that will help you disable this driver so that you can avoid further crashes until a fix will be released. .

Thank you.

• Hello mick60,

Indeed, the crash is caused by the bdselfpr.sys file. If possible, please go to the next location: C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010, right click on this file, choose Properties, then click on the Version tab. Let us know please what version does this file has. Also, you can find in this post, a workaround that will help you disable this driver so that you can avoid further crashes until a fix will be released. .

Thank you.

It is version 1.14.1.16

thanks