Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bdtc 2010 Not Scanning Outlook Email

Options

Ran some tests and even though i have turned on in and out bound email scanning its not picking up viruses with outlook.

I use to get a pop up saying it was scanning email but not any more.

Comments

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello Dman33,

In order to further investigate this issue please follow the steps bellow :

1. Open My Computer.

2. Browse to

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010

- considering that BitDefender was installed on the default C partition

3. Doubleclick on the supporttool.exe file .(in case you have Windows Vista or Windows 7, right click on the the supporttool.exe file and choose "Run as administrator" )

4. Click on Next, wait a few minutes for the progress bar to complete and then click on Finish .

5. Go to the desktop, upload the report on http://www.sendspace.com/ then send me a PM with the download link or reply to our email with the report attached .

Thank you.

• Hi,

Just sent email with the requested report attached.

Regards.

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello Dman33,

Please try the next steps and let us know what happens :

1. Open BitDefender, click on the Settings button and choose the Expert Mode.

2. Click on the General module then select the Settings tab .

3. Make sure that the option "Show pop-ups (on-screen notes)" and the other 2 options, Show pop-ups only when the interface is in Novice / Intermediate Mode or the Expert Mode are checked .

4. Click on the Antivirus module and under the Shield tab, click on the Custom Level button. Check the option "Scan outgoing e-mail" then click on Ok.

Test to see if the same issue occurs .

Thank you.