Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Incredbily Slow Computer Since Install Bd2010

Options

I have installed bd 2010 3 license promo onto a laptop & desktop computer, both running xp pro with 2 gb ram

Both computers crawled to an almost stop ie. useless.

I uninstalled BD 2010 on the desktop & reinstalled a competitor's antivirus & it is now running OK again.

Do BD have a simple 'fix'?

If not can I have my money back please?

Comments

• Alex Stanciu
    Alex Stanciu ✭✭
    edited November 2009
    Options

Hello carnaged,

In order to further investigate this issue, on the computer where you still have BitDefender installed please follow the steps bellow :

1. Open My Computer.

2. Browse to

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010

- considering that BitDefender was installed on the default C partition

3. Doubleclick on the supporttool.exe file .(in case you have Windows Vista or Windows 7, right click on the the supporttool.exe file and choose "Run as administrator" )

4. Click on Next, wait a few minutes for the progress bar to complete and then click on Finish .

5. Go to the desktop, upload the report on http://www.sendspace.com/ then send me a PM with the download link or reply to our email with the report attached .

Thank you.

• Looks like I have the same problem here on a Dell desktop with XP Pro SP3. Additionally, the average memory usage jumped from 600-700M to 800-900M on my 1G RAM.

• Looks like I have the same problem here on a Dell desktop with XP Pro SP3. Additionally, the average memory usage jumped from 600-700M to 800-900M on my 1G RAM.

Dealt with the same problem. The solution! uninstall BD and get a new AV! Dealt with the slow computer etc for 2 months and no fix worked. It's the BD software and it will not improve.

• I have installed bd 2010 3 license promo onto a laptop & desktop computer, both running xp pro with 2 gb ram

Both computers crawled to an almost stop ie. useless.

I uninstalled BD 2010 on the desktop & reinstalled a competitor's antivirus & it is now running OK again.

Do BD have a simple 'fix'?

If not can I have my money back please?

hi dont know if this is your solution, but i do my windows updates manualy, and after i installed kb974417 i too had this behavior.

i uninstalled kb974417 and now bitdefender runs fine again.

i dont suggest that you uninstall any windows update, just thought i'ld let you guys know how i solved my slowgown on reboot and bitdefender crashing problem.

Alex