Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Windows Live Messenger Versus Bf2010 Is

Options

Just got my copy of BF Internet security 2010 today. I've installed it on a Vista laptop and a XP SP3 desktop. On Vista everything ok so far, on XP i have some issues. Ther most annoying is that Windows Live Messenger crashes after logging in. Tried without IM encription, disabling the IM traffic filtering on the Virus shield.....nothing works. Messenger just logs in and.....hangs...not respondind. Despite that it says that my Opera broser and Messenger are outdated. Opera is the latest version, and regarding the messenger it's collecting the version information of the old windows messenger that comes with XP, instead of collecting the information of windows live messenger. On top of that, every time i boot i got the message that BF services are down teporarily due to some kind of update. And i mean, every boot. I had NIS 2009 in this computer until now in this XP computer without any kind of problems.

Sugestions?

Comments

• Curious. Now i see i have all the problems described in Alex's pinned post "Bitdefender Major update". That was a month ago, and when i ask my BF2010 to update it says "No update available" side by side with a beautiful green checkmark. Something's not working properly here guys!

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello Vortex7,

In order to further investigate this issue please follow the steps bellow :

1. Open My Computer.

2. Browse to

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010

- considering that BitDefender was installed on the default C partition

3. Doubleclick on the supporttool.exe file .(in case you have Windows Vista or Windows 7, right click on the the supporttool.exe file and choose "Run as administrator" )

4. Click on Next, wait a few minutes for the progress bar to complete and then click on Finish .

5. Go to the desktop, upload the report on http://www.sendspace.com/ then send me a PM with the download link or reply to our email with the report attached .

Thank you.

• Hi Alex,

First of all i've managed to fix the WLM issue using the solution posted of renaming the file imguimsn.dll. Now it's not crashing anymore but i guess encription is not working either. Well, at least WLM works.

In every boot, when BF is loading it starts ok, then the tray symbol turns to gray displaying the message " BF services are down. If it persists contact support..bla bla bla". After 30sec-1 min it turns red again.

Tried to use the support tool, as you told, but the support tool crashes also. It says that there was a fatal error due to a bug, that a report was generated and gave me the possibility to send the report. I did send it.

Resuming, many problems on my XP SP3 desktop but on my Vista laptop so far all remains fine.

Stay in touch and tell me if i can give you further assistance.

Best Regards,

LP

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello Vortex7,

When your computer starts up, the behavior that you described for BitDefender is normal, because during that time the BitDefender services are starting up.

Regarding the Windows Live Messenger issue. Please follow the steps from the next article and reply back to my email with the following files attached : "sysdump.tar", "bdfileinfo.log" and "bdregnode.reg" .

Also, please browse to the next location from your system : C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010, look after the file "imguimsn.dll", right click on it, choose Properties, select the Version tab and tell us what version have this file.

We are looking forward to your reply.

Thank you.