Bitdefender Services Have Been Switched Off

Getting this quite often. I know that this is a windows machine, but BDTS has had me reboot this machine more times in the last 20 days than in its entire life... Am interested in if there are fixes for this, or I just should exit during my 30 period and try something else... Hate to do that since I've heard good things about BD, but it does not seem like it will protect me if it stops working like this....

What else ya need?

-Jammer

post-27868-1255215895_thumb.png

Comments

• Just wait for it to return. It shouldn't take long for it to finish.

• Just wait for it to return. It shouldn't take long for it to finish.

Are you referring to the error? BDTS restarted itself after uploading some data, then within 5 minutes, I got the grayed out task bar icon and the same screen in the screenshot again.....

-Jammer

• I was referring to BD being switched off to update it's modules.

That isn't an error screen.

• Hello jammer10000,

Please try the steps bellow:

1. Start your computer in Safe Mode .

- Restart the computer;

- Press the "F8" key several times before Microsoft Windows begins to load;

you need to press "F8" until you will be displayed a text menu;

- Select "SAFE MODE" in the text menu and press "Enter";

- Wait while Windows loads in Safe Mode; this process ends with a confirmation message; click "OK" to acknowledge.

2. Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\BitDefender\BitDefender Threat Scanner\av32bit_xxxxx . Here open the both av32bit_xxxxx folder and delete these 2 files:

versions.dat (also followed by numbers and letters)

versions.id (also followed by numbers and letters)

Let us know if the same issue occurs.

Thank you .

• I have experienced this on more than one machine. I've followed the work around and it holds for a while then the problem re-occurs.

Please advise.

• Hello jammer10000,

Please try the steps bellow:

Just deleted those files...can't wait to see if this works or not...

• Just deleted those files...can't wait to see if this works or not...

Just woke up...and I have to restart...didn't work whatsoever.

• Ive got this problem also. Installed Windows 7 x64, installed the x64 version of Bitdefender. Update the program - seems fine for a while, then I get this screen. I see the same screen as Jammer does more then i see the usual dashboard!!

I never had this problem happen to me so much with BD 2009. What on earth happened to BD 2010?

• Hello all,

As we stated in this post:http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=16350 this issue will be solved in approximately 2 weeks or sooner, when a new major update will be released.

Thank you.

• Hello all,

As we stated in this post:http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=16350 this issue will be solved in approximately 2 weeks or sooner, when a new major update will be released.

Thank you.

Hello Alex,

Ist there a chance due to the Time Bitdefender not working properly, to get an extension to the license ?

Me for instance have used Bdefender only on 1 pc and I have a 3 PC 2 Year license ?

• Hello all,

Thank you.

Good to hear!! :D

• I was getting this pop-up today as I was working-in/starting up BD, it would appear and be gone in less than a minute. It didn't seem to be affecting anything..adversely or otherwise.

-Suzanne

Windows XP Home/SP2DSL/ IE7COMODO Firewall Pro (Free)

• Bitdefender services switched themselves off again this evening (Dec 13) - looks like it aint fixed yet. Please sort it before my subscription expires, i.e. soon

[Windows XP SP3]

• Hello mundivagante,

Have you received this message again since Yesterday ? Also, in order to further investigate this sittuation we would like you follow the next steps :

1. Open My Computer.

2. Browse to

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010

- considering that BitDefender was installed on the default C partition

3. Doubleclick on the supporttool.exe file .(in case you have Windows Vista or Windows 7, right click on the the supporttool.exe file and choose "Run as administrator" )

4. Click on Next, wait a few minutes for the progress bar to complete and then click on Finish .

5. Go to the desktop, upload the report on http://www.sendspace.com/ then send me a PM with the download link or reply to our email with the report attached .

Thank you.

• " then send me a PM with the download link or reply to our email with the report attached . "

Where do I find this info?????

Thank you.

• [quote name='Alex Stanciu' date='Dec 14 2009, 04:38 PM' post='73008'

Hello mundivagante,

Have you received this message again since Yesterday ?]

Sure have - and three times today - each time after a manual update - firefox frozen for 60 seconds and omputer becomes very unresponsive - then it resolves itself. Very inconvenient!!

So is my computer still protected from malware during these freezes ?

I've run supportool.exe as described and sent you the report as a reply to your email (14/12/09 2030GMT)

• Hello mundivagante,

We have analyzed the files that you have sent us. You should not worry, because during the time you receive the message that "BitDefender services have been switched off temporarily for an update", the product is still active protecting your computer. This issue have been fixed, through automatic update Yesterday so you just need to open BitDefender in Expert Mode and update it.

We are sorry for any inconveniences this sittuation may have caused and do not hesitate to contact us back if you have any other questions.

Thank you.

• Hello enstorms,

If you have this issue, please update your BitDefender then reboot your system . If the same issue occurs after that, please follow the steps that will help you obtain a support tool report from my previous post and send me a PM with the download link. In order to send message to me or to any BitDefender forum user, simply click on the user name from the left of the post and choose "Send Message" .

post-24948-1260956769_thumb.jpg

Thank you.