Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Privacy Control Issues

Options

System:

Windows Vista Basic 32bit Service Pack 2

Bitdefender Internet Security 2010 - Expert Mode; Upgraded from Internet Security 2009 (correctly done)

Problem:

My Privacy Control was set at aggresive and at random times after swithcing on my computer, the cookie and ****** settings have been reset. So when I start using my internet browser Bitdefender would ask me if I should block or allow the cookies and scripts on a webpage, even on webpages which I have previously visited and set the restrictions :wacko: . After the fourth time this happened I decided to switch the Privacy Control back to Default but then this allows all scripts to be enabled, which on some websites just ends up using up my bandwidth. This never happened with Bitdefender 2009 so this might be a fault with the 2010 version.

Can anyone please help me with this issue?

Thanks

Comments

• Alex Stanciu
    Alex Stanciu ✭✭
    edited December 2009
    Options

Hello tsume,

In order to further investigate this sittuation please follow the steps bellow :

1. After your Privacy Control rules will reset please browse to the next location from your system :

C:\Users\Aurelian\AppData\Roaming\BitDefender\Desktop\Profiles , look after Cookie.xml and ******.xml , upload them on http://www.sendspace.com/, then send me a PM with the download link .

This location is hidden and you may need to follow the steps bellow in order to access it :

- go to your "Control Panel" and open "Folder Options";

- then go to the "View" tab and perform the changes listed below:

* check "Display contents of system folders"

* check "Show hidden files and folders"

* uncheck "Hide file extensions for known file types"

* uncheck "Hide protected operating system files"

- click "Apply" and then "OK" to exit.

NOTE: On Microsoft Windows Vista you will apply the same steps except for selecting "Display contents of system folders".

2. Obtain a support tool report and reply to our email with it attached :

a. Open My Computer.

b. Browse to

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010

- considering that BitDefender was installed on the default C partition

c. Doubleclick on the supporttool.exe file .(in case you have Windows Vista or Windows 7, right click on the the supporttool.exe file and choose "Run as administrator" )

d. Click on Next, wait a few minutes for the progress bar to complete and then click on Finish .

e. Go to the desktop, upload the report on http://www.sendspace.com/ then send me a PM with the download link or reply to our email with the report attached .

Thank you.

• Hi Alex, thanks for helping me out.

Bitdefender just recently reset the privacy control so I did as you said, you should find the cookie and ****** files contained with this post. But I ran into a issue getting the support tool report, I ran the .exe as system adminstrator and nothing seemed to happen. Not even my task manager could identify the application running, I suspect this is unusual?

Thanks

/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=5911" data-fileid="5911" rel="">******.xml

/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=5912" data-fileid="5912" rel="">Cookie.xml