Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Not Working After Update

Options

I had the 2010 total security product. There was a auto update today and then I was asked to reboot my PC, which I did. But after the reboot, Bitdefender is no longer running. I tried clicking on Bitdefender on my start menu and I got this error message "The item 'seccenter.exe' that this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved, so this shortcut will no longer work properly." Apparently the update removed some of the Bit defender files and now it's not working anymore.

I tried uninstalling and then re-install Bitdefender. Same thing happened again. After the while Bitdefender auto-update again and I had to reboot again and it's not working again. Someone please help. I am running windows 7 pro 64-bit.

To be frank I am quite disappointed in this product, first I had firefox issues which I managed to solve by turning off antiphising and now this.

Comments

• The same thing happened this morning with my BD Total Security 2010.

I also have Windows 7.

It simply does not start with the system and I get the same message when I try to start it manually.

What is going on?

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello davor and peckyoke,

We need to further investigate this issue to see what exactly happened. We have sent you an email with the instructions that will help you send us back the reports that we need. After you do all those steps, please repair BitDefender and everything should be ok. In order to perform the repair process, please click on Start from Windows , choose All Programs and then choose BitDefender 2010 . Select Repair or Remove , choose Next when the new window will appear and then choose Repair. Reboot your computer when prompted and proceed with the repair process of BitDefender.

Please let us know if you still have the same issues after the this process.

Thank you.

• After the Major Update yesterday, mine stopped updating. If i manually update it it gives me an error..."an error occured during the update"unknown error"

• When i manually update it it says "An error occured during the update (Unknown Error). Also i noticed that after the update my version states 13.0.18 after it asked me to reboot. After rebooting and about after 5 minutes or so.. it ask me to reboot again but when i checked the version it goes back to 13.0.17 then it never updates after....

Tried to do a repair but the repair option is greyed out. Please help

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello gabrielx1925,

In order to further investigate this sittuation please follow the steps bellow :

1. Open My Computer.

2. Browse to

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010

- considering that BitDefender was installed on the default C partition

3. Doubleclick on the supporttool.exe file .(in case you have Windows Vista or Windows 7, right click on the the supporttool.exe file and choose "Run as administrator" )

4. Click on Next, wait a few minutes for the progress bar to complete and then click on Finish .

5. Go to the desktop, upload the report on http://www.sendspace.com/ then send me a PM with the download link or reply to our email with the report attached .

Thank you.