Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Parental Control Files

Options

Hello, I recently installed BitDefender Antivirus 2010, and to the best of my understanding, it does not have Parental Controls, only Internet Security and Total Security should have these. I'm wondering why these files are showing up, is this a bug? All the files are empty (0 bytes), but removing them does not work as they are recreated upon restart.

Here is a screenshot of the files on my drive:

141s6ck.jpg

Note, they have light icons because they are set as hidden files (set by me), and I have Explorer set to show hidden files for this screenshot. I'm picky, I don't like seeing unnecessary files when I don't need to. :)

Also, I'm on Windows 7 Professional x64. I have created a report from MSINFO32 with full computer specs as well as a report from supporttool.exe that I will send as soon as I'm contacted.

Comments

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello DeTard,

You can delete those files without any problems. They have 0 kilobytes and they are not used by BitDefender . If you want, you can send us a reply with the reports that you obtained so that we can further analyze this sittuation.

We are looking forward to your reply.

Thank you.

• Yeah, those files are 0 bytes, but deleting them doesn't really help. Upon the next reboot, the files are recreated. I just don't like them there if they serve no purpose. If BitDefender Antivirus does use them, that's fine, otherwise they shouldn't be created at all.

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello DeTard,

Thank you for these information's . If possible, please send us through the email the report created with the BitDefender support tool .

Thanks .

• I will as soon as I am home (currently at work).

• Files sent.

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello DeTard,

Thank you for the reports . In order to further investigate this sittuation we would like you to follow the steps bellow :

1. For start, please delete the files that are automatically created on your C drive: pc_sign.slf, pcconf, pcwords.dat and pcwords2.dat .

2. Now, follow the instructions bellow :

a. Go to Start->Run

b. Type cmd and hit Enter

c. Type

cd %programfiles%/bitdefender/bitdefender 2010

and hit Enter

d. Type

supporttool.exe /livesrvtrace on

and hit Enter

e. A popup should appear asking you to reboot the PC. Reboot the PC.

f. Go to the next location :

C:\ProgramData\BitDefender\DTrace , look after the file livesrv.log and upgrepl.log and delete them.

If you cannot find the above locations you will need to display hidden files and folders from Control Panel->Folder Options->View Tab-> Show Hidden Files and Folders.

Now, please open BitDefender in Expert Mode, click on the Update module and hit the Update Now button.

After that, go to this location one more time: C:\ProgramData\BitDefender\DTrace, look after the livesrv.log and upgrepl.log reports that were automatically recreated and reply to our email with them attached.

Thank you.