Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[solved] Virus Signature Not Showing Up

Options

After all the trouble of reinstalling BD due to not updating. Problem was fixed. However there is no value in the Virus Signature.. its suppose to be 4xxxxxxx or something but now it's showing nothing.

Any major concern regarding this? Is my signature updated?

Too many problems for this software.. i hope we have option not to automatically update the product when set in auto update....just the definition...

Comments

• I have a similar problem. My number of signatures fails to modify, despite the numerous updates that happen.

Somehow I don't think the number of signatures can stay at 4738480 after 3 updates, 2 last night and one now.

• alexcrist
    Options

Hello gabrielx1925 and AndreiRC,

The problem with the virus definitions number is currently known. As far as I was told, it should be fixed in a few hours.

This problem does not affect the detection rate in any way. The virus definitions and scanning engines are updated as they should through automatic update. The problem only lies at the number of definitions shown in BitDefender Security Center.

gabrielx1925: you can go to Update -> Settings and set BitDefender to ask you before downloading updates. Then you will be able to select what updates to download (Product updates and/or Definition updates).

Cris.

• AndreiRC
    edited December 2009
    Options

Thanks for the news, Cris.

Will this fix require a reboot, as far as you know?

Just so I know how can I know when the problem is fixed so I don't have to keep track of the number of signatures on and on.

• alexcrist
    Options

As far as I know, it won't require a system restart. Also, when this issue is fixed, you will see the correct number of definitions shown in Security Center. Nothing else will happen (it will be just a normal definitions update).

I will post here when the fix is applied on my system. :)

Cris.

• Cheers, Cris. Many thanks for that. :)

• alexcrist
    Options

The problem was solved. Please update BitDefender and check to see if everything is OK in the Update tab in Security Center. This update doesn't require a system restart.

Cris.

• The problem was solved. Please update BitDefender and check to see if everything is OK in the Update tab in Security Center. This update doesn't require a system restart.

Cris.

Yup problem solved. I just updated mine....

Thanks Cris

• Thanks for the update, Cris. I'll check when I get home.

• Yup problem solved. I just updated mine....

Thanks Cris

I was monitoring the update and it seems that the Virus Signature is still not updating. It only fixed the Signature Not Showing problem but the value is not changing even after an update has been done.

• I was monitoring the update and it seems that the Virus Signature is still not updating. It only fixed the Signature Not Showing problem but the value is not changing even after an update has been done.

That means the fix was only partial then. :(

I'll still check though when I get home.

• alexcrist
    alexcrist
    edited December 2009
    Options

As far as I can see, it's working fine on my system. Both the engine version and the signatures count get updated whenever needed.

Please note that some updates only contain antispam definitions and/or parental control rule changes, which don't count in the Antimalware definitions counter. Maybe in the last few hours there were updates which only included those kind of definitions.

Just a few seconds ago I updated BitDefender, which changed the statistics from:

Signature number: 4743540
    Update time GMT: 1261142968
    Version: 7.29506

to

Signature number: 4743587
    Update time GMT: 1261148688
    Version: 7.29507

Cris.

post-60-1261159781_thumb.png

• xander1925
    edited December 2009
    Options

Now it's working, earlier mine was stuck to 4743540.. about 4 signature update has been downloaded and it's still same.. but when i tried updating it again today.. it changes to 4743587.. i guess it's working now...

Thanks again cris..

• I can confirm, the number of signatures has changed accordingly.

• alexcrist
    Options

I'm glad to hear that it's working. :)

Since this issue is solved, I'll close this topic. If you need it reopened, use the Report button to let us know.

Cris.

== CLOSED ==

== Issue solved ==

This discussion has been closed.