Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bit Defender Not Responding

Options

I bought Bit defender cause the trial worked perfectly on my computer and than I upgraded to find out that people who buy bit defender cannot get it to work cause it is not responding more than it is doing anything. I paid for this product for 3 computers and it won't even work on one, it even made one unable to connect to the internet due to endless firefox crashes.

I want this fixed or I want my money back for failing to provide the protection I paid for.

Comments

• I bought Bit defender cause the trial worked perfectly on my computer and than I upgraded to find out that people who buy bit defender cannot get it to work cause it is not responding more than it is doing anything. I paid for this product for 3 computers and it won't even work on one, it even made one unable to connect to the internet due to endless firefox crashes.

I want this fixed or I want my money back for failing to provide the protection I paid for.

Hi rujikin,

Try to clean your computer by resintalling clean Windows on it then install BitDefender.

What Windows is? What BitDefender suite you bought and what version Firefox is? I have no problem with BD and Firefox.

Cheers!

• Hi rujikin,

Try to clean your computer by resintalling clean Windows on it then install BitDefender.

What Windows is? What BitDefender suite you bought and what version Firefox is? I have no problem with BD and Firefox.

Cheers!

ROFL Your solution is to wipe windows, delete everything i have installed and spend an entire day reinstalling everything. Not happening, McAfee eats up memory but works just fine on this install. If that is the solution than I want my money back and BD would be no better than a virus deleting everything on my computer.

I bought the mid-priced one. Above anti-virus and below the total security. The version of firefox is the most current.

• Alex Stanciu
    Alex Stanciu ✭✭
    edited December 2009
    Options

Hello rujikin,

In order to further investigate these issues please follow the next steps :

1. Open My Computer.

2. Browse to

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010

- considering that BitDefender was installed on the default C partition

3. Doubleclick on the supporttool.exe file .(in case you have Windows Vista or Windows 7, right click on the the supporttool.exe file and choose "Run as administrator" )

4. Click on Next, wait a few minutes for the progress bar to complete and then click on Finish .

5. Go to the desktop, upload the report on http://www.sendspace.com/ then send me a PM with the download link or reply to our email with the report attached .

Thank you.

• Yeah, I clicked on it and nothing happened.

• gmdb
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Yeah, I clicked on it and nothing happened.

Yep, I am in the same boat as you. I bought it because it had great reviews -- obviously paid for -- and I haven't been able to use it. It freezes the system on start up and I have tried all the suggestions on forum and nothing works. Support tells you nothing than what you already know. I want my money back too.

regards

Geoff

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello gmdb and rujikin,

@rujikin: If the support tool did not work, please follow the steps from the next article and send us the following reports through the email : "sysdump.tar", "bdfileinfo.log" and "bdregnode.reg" .

@gmdb : We are sorry to hear about the issues that you encountered with our product. One of my colleagues from the Customer Care department will contact you in regard to your refund request .

Thank you.

• Ok, I got the files. What e-mail do you want me to specifically send it to.