Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Blocks Canon Printer Driver!

Options

BitDefender Internet Security 2010 blocks the operation of the Canon PIXMA Pro9500!

Windows opens a RUNDLL error window saying that the "cnmsm7t.dll" file cannot be found.

Everything works fine once Active Virus Control is disabled (even the "Permissive" level blocks the driver). The protection level for the Shield is "Default".

I tried to create an exception in Active Virus Control for this file, but it didn't help (I am not sure I did it right though..)

BitDefender does not find any problem on this file if I right-click on it and scan it.

Everything was working fine with BitDefender Internet Security 2008... I miss this guy already!

The driver version is 2.23.2.20

Windows XP SP3

BitDefender engine 7.28586

Comments

• dhl
    Options

Can you please tell us what operating system are you using, if it is 32 bit or 64 bit, and what Service Pack ?

• alexcrist
    Options

Also, please post if there are any rules in Active Virus Control for rundll32.exe

Cris.

• Also, please post if there are any rules in Active Virus Control for rundll32.exe

Cris.

Sure! It is Windows XP Pro SP3 32bit

I checked under Firewall\Rules and I couldn't find anything related to RUNDLL32.EXE, but I found out that both c:windows\system32\wininit.exe and c:windows\system32\services.exe have everything set as Deny.

Is it supposed to be like that?

I also just noticed that the hotplug.dll file could not be found when I tried to remove my USB key. Looks like BitDefender does not like Windows DLL files too...

Thanks for your help.

post-28347-1256654117_thumb.jpg

• alexcrist
    Options

Yes, it's supposed to be like that. On the other hand, I was asking abot the Active Virus Control rules, not the Firewall rules.

Cris.

• Yes, it's supposed to be like that. On the other hand, I was asking abot the Active Virus Control rules, not the Firewall rules.

Cris.

Sorry, but where do I check that?

There are no exclusions/exceptions in the Active Virus Control Settings window.

• Sorry, but where do I check that?

There are no exclusions/exceptions in the Active Virus Control Settings window.

Hi XoffVSG,

The problem still persists?

Thanks!