Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bd2010 Av: Critical Error At Boot

Options

I switched from Avast to BD2010, and the switch is not running very smooth. Typical for Windows you may say.

That is definately truth. What I run into:

First reboot after install: Outlook gives me a message that the registry is messed up. I fixed it with Registry Easy and TuneUp Utilities. Also critical error from BD, without further info. This keeps repeating itself at every boot. Have send a report each time. have contacted support through the support.exe appli, but no response.

Additional problem: booting the laptop (Win XP pro) takes close to 25 minutes, whereas before BD, it was up and running in a few minutes.

Also the overall PC operation is unpleasantly slow.

If I don't get these issues resolved soon, may have to switch back to another AV.

Does anyone have similar experience?

Comments

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello gvittman,

I could not find the support tool report in our database . If you have sent it from another email address please send me a PM with it . Also, until then, in order to further investigate this issue please follow the steps bellow :

1. Open My Computer.

2. Browse to

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010

- considering that BitDefender was installed on the default C partition

3. Doubleclick on the supporttool.exe file .(in case you have Windows Vista or Windows 7, right click on the the supporttool.exe file and choose "Run as administrator" )

4. Click on Next, wait a few minutes for the progress bar to complete and then click on Finish .

5. Go to the desktop, upload the report on http://www.sendspace.com/ then send me a PM with the download link or reply to our email with the report attached .

We are looking forward to your reply.

Thank you.

• Hello gvittman,

I could not find the support tool report in our database . If you have sent it from another email address please send me a PM with it . Also, until then, in order to further investigate this issue please follow the steps bellow :

1. Open My Computer.

2. Browse to

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010

- considering that BitDefender was installed on the default C partition

3. Doubleclick on the supporttool.exe file .(in case you have Windows Vista or Windows 7, right click on the the supporttool.exe file and choose "Run as administrator" )

4. Click on Next, wait a few minutes for the progress bar to complete and then click on Finish .

5. Go to the desktop, upload the report on http://www.sendspace.com/ then send me a PM with the download link or reply to our email with the report attached .

We are looking forward to your reply.

Thank you.

Dear Alex,

I have send the report several days ago, as you asked, but I am still waiting for a reply.

Meanwhile, the situation has become a bit more confusing. Most of the time I get the critical error at booting, but I had a few days where BD started normally, but instead my browser had no access to the internet anymore. Email works fine though.

In checking the internet settings, I noticed that the "automatically detect settings" was changed to the proxy localhost, and this was blocking all traffic. Today I had the critical error again.

In both cases, the reboot takes forever.

What is happening and how do I resolve this situation?

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello gvittman,

We have contacted you through the email. Please respond when you have time .

Thank you.