Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Update Service Has Encountered A Critical Error

Options

I am using bdis 2010 in windows 7, 32 bit.

Since today morning while I am trying to update bitdefender. it is showing bitdefender update service has encountered a critical error. I have send the bug report number of time but still i am not getting solution from bitdefender support. I have attached the screenshots, bdfileinfo,and archive sysdump here with.my BDIS 2010 engine version is now 728826 and

virus signatures:4482424.

please help if anyone has a clue to solve the problem.

Looking forward for a reply from bitdefender support.

post-28739-1257775742_thumb.jpg

/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=5792" data-fileid="5792" rel="">BDFileInfo.log

Comments

• I am using bdis 2010 in windows 7, 32 bit.

Since today morning while I am trying to update bitdefender. it is showing bitdefender update service has encountered a critical error. I have send the bug report number of time but still i am not getting solution from bitdefender support. I have attached the screenshots, bdfileinfo,and archive sysdump here with.my BDIS 2010 engine version is now 728826 and

virus signatures:4482424.

please help if anyone has a clue to solve the problem.

Looking forward for a reply from bitdefender support.

That is an all too familiar sight,it will usually pop up after an update,but beta defender does not actually stop at all, the mind boggles as to why this is produced most of the time for me,

are you using the latest version? 13.06.17 if so join the rest of people who are suffering problems on a similar scale, there is a temporary solution ,if the installation kit that you have was released prior to this major upgrade 03/11/2009, 13.6.16 being the version that worked ok,(for me)if so and you wanted to do this, you would have to install the version that you currently have installed,using the bd un-install tool run twice (recommended) then install it again using the older kit, but not let it update, after setup is complete(after a re-boot, set the updates to 'prompt before downloading updates'for both automatic and manual updates, you could also set the frequency to as little as once per day,

as in order not to end up with this product update ,you have to reject it every time you update bd,

admittedly it's not an ideal solution to these problems. but i don't see bd offering any fix as yet?

i'm currently using the older version manually updating it and everything else is ok

• A lot of thanks to u davey.

The problem seems to have fixed automatically.

now update is working fine...

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello anirban,

We are glad to hear that this issue has been solved. In case you will encounter the same error message, we would like you to follow the steps bellow :

In order to be able to further investigate the issues caused by Registry Control we would like you follow the steps bellow :

1. Open My Computer.

2. Browse to

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010

- considering that BitDefender was installed on the default C partition

3. Doubleclick on the supporttool.exe file .

4. Click on Next, wait a few minutes for the progress bar to complete and then click on Finish .

5. Go to the desktop, upload the report on http://www.sendspace.com/ then send me a PM with the download link .

Thank you.

• Thank you for your kind attention.

Yes I will follow the steps if next time i get such problem.

• anirban.ju111
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Hello anirban,

We are glad to hear that this issue has been solved. In case you will encounter the same error message, we would like you to follow the steps bellow :

In order to be able to further investigate the issues caused by Registry Control we would like you follow the steps bellow :

1. Open My Computer.

2. Browse to

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010

- considering that BitDefender was installed on the default C partition

3. Doubleclick on the supporttool.exe file .

4. Click on Next, wait a few minutes for the progress bar to complete and then click on Finish .

5. Go to the desktop, upload the report on http://www.sendspace.com/ then send me a PM with the download link .

Thank you.

yes the problem is back...I have followed the steps mentioned by you..and attached the screenshot.

the link is:http://www.sendspace.com/file/ekgpsc

waiting for a reply...

post-28739-1257925115_thumb.jpg

• Hello PPab and shadyzay,

@shadyzay: We have sent you the email with the steps that will help you register BitDefender .

@PPab : The issue that you descried is different then the one described in this topic. We have sent you the resolution through the email .

Thank you.

Alex,

Can you send the resolution that you sent to PPab to me. I'm exactly having the same problem with Windows 7 64bit Update not working and just giving me an error.

• Alex Stanciu
    Alex Stanciu ✭✭
    edited December 2009
    Options

Hello gabrielx1925,

In order to solve this issue please follow the steps bellow :

1. Download the "support.exe" tool from the next link : http://www.sendspace.com/file/dv3nig . Do not run it yet.

2. Start your computer in Safe Mode.

- restart the computer;

- repeatedly press the "F8" key several times before Microsoft Windows begins

to load (you need to press "F8" until you will be displayed a text menu);

- select "SAFE MODE" in the text menu and press "Enter".

- wait while Windows loads in Safe Mode; this process ends with a confirmation

message; click "Yes" to acknowledge.

3. Run the tool downloaded earlier then reboot your computer normally .

4. Try to update BitDefender and let us know if the same issue occurs.

Thank you.

• Hello gabrielx1925,

In order to solve this issue please follow the steps bellow :

1. Download the "support.exe" tool from the next link : http://www.sendspace.com/file/dv3nig . Do not run it yet.

2. Start your computer in Safe Mode.

- restart the computer;

- repeatedly press the "F8" key several times before Microsoft Windows begins

to load (you need to press "F8" until you will be displayed a text menu);

- select "SAFE MODE" in the text menu and press "Enter".

- wait while Windows loads in Safe Mode; this process ends with a confirmation

message; click "Yes" to acknowledge.

3. Run the tool downloaded earlier then reboot your computer normally .

4. Try to update BitDefender and let us know if the same issue occurs.

Thank you.

Alex,

I have tried this but i'm just getting an error on dos window saying something like unable to find specified path or something. If the support.exe is suppose to update a file on my computer then for some reason it's not seeing the path.

Im using Windows 7 pro 64 bit and BD Internet Security 64bit by the way

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello gabrielx1925,

Do you receive a message that "BitDefender has encountered a critical error" when you try to update or there is another update error. If possible, please take a screen-shot of the message that you receive, upload it on : http://www.sendspace.com/, then post here the download link .

Thank you.

• I am experiencing the same problem and I have already done both the patch method as well as the support method. Both did not work and I still experience the same error. I would like to get help on this. I am still unable to use the BitDefender Internet Security 2010 on my Windows XP SP3.

Here is the screenshot of the error: http://www.sendspace.com/file/wkyh2n

Thanks