Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Problems Sending And Receiving Email - Netidentity

Options

I am running BitDefender Internet Secutiry 10 Trial Version and am having problems sending and receiving email. My email client is Eudora 7 paid and I use an email service netidentity.com. I've never had a problem like this before with Trend Micro, Kaspersky, or Norton.

The error is "Could not connect to sendmail.*****.com The ***** are my last name as net identity is a mail service that lets you rent your first and last name as an email addy i.e. first@last.com.

I also another email addy through Eudora from my ISP and there are no issues there which leads me to believe this is some conflict with netidenty and bitdefender.

Has anyone encountered a similar problem??

Thanks,

Comments

• Niels
    Options

Hello Topdoggg

You can try this: http://www.netidentity.com/Support/TechSup...ngProblems.aspx By changing the port 25 into 587 as described in that article. Did you change the default ports of eudora? Can you please post the ports here? By doing this:

Open Eudora

Scroll down in the navigation pane and click Ports.

View the Outgoing mail (SMTP) Port and also the Incoming mail

Regards

Niels

• alexcrist
    Options

Hi Topdoggg,

If you cannot find the solution in the article that Niels posted, please go to C:\Program Files\Softwin\BitDefender10\Firewall\Profiles\, put all files from there in an archive and send it to me (attach it to a PM). Maybe I can find what's blocking Eudora from accessing netidentity. I don't guarantee anything, because I don't work for BitDefender. But I can study the rules you have in BD Firewall and see if anything blocks the connection.

Also, what Level of security have you chosen in BD Firewall (Ask/Allow all whitelisted/Allow all/Deny all)?

Cris.

P.S.: Please post the ports that Niels asked you.

• Hello Topdoggg

You can try this: http://www.netidentity.com/Support/TechSup...ngProblems.aspx By changing the port 25 into 587 as described in that article. Did you change the default ports of eudora? Can you please post the ports here? By doing this:

Open Eudora

Scroll down in the navigation pane and click Ports.

View the Outgoing mail (SMTP) Port and also the Incoming mail

Regards

Niels

Hi Niels, thanks for the reply.

I checked the port listings and nothing is shown which lead me to believe they are set to the defaults:

SMTP Port 25

POP Port 110

IMAP Port 143

ACAP Port 674

Should I go ahead and change the SMTP Port to 587 as you suggest?

Thanks again, Jim

• Hi Topdoggg,

If you cannot find the solution in the article that Niels posted, please go to C:\Program Files\Softwin\BitDefender10\Firewall\Profiles\, put all files from there in an archive and send it to me (attach it to a PM). Maybe I can find what's blocking Eudora from accessing netidentity. I don't guarantee anything, because I don't work for BitDefender. But I can study the rules you have in BD Firewall and see if anything blocks the connection.

Also, what Level of security have you chosen in BD Firewall (Ask/Allow all whitelisted/Allow all/Deny all)?

Cris.

P.S.: Please post the ports that Niels asked you.

Hi Cris,

I posted the ports as requested by Niels above, but I thought I'd also do what you suggest and send you the files from my firewall profiles. They are attached. By the way, my firewall is set to allow all whitelisted. Thanks for any advice you can provide. So far, my experience with BitDefender vs Kaspersky is that BitDefender wins handsdown.

Jim

/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=373" data-fileid="373" rel="">firewall.zip

• Niels
    Options

Hello Topdoggg

I recommend that you change the port. Because mostly that port is used for sending spam. But not all isp blocks this.To see if your isp blocks enter the commands that you also will find in the link I posted.

For the rest you have to use the default ports of your isp.

Regards

Niels

• Hello Topdoggg

I recommend that you change the port. Because mostly that port is used for sending spam. But not all isp blocks this.To see if your isp blocks enter the commands that you also will find in the link I posted.

For the rest you have to use the default ports of your isp.

Regards

Niels

Thanks Niels,

I will give that a try. Thanks for the advice.

Jim

• Niels
    Options

Hopefully that will solve your problem

If it fails than you have to wait till Cris reply.

Regards

Niels

• alexcrist
    Options

Hi Topdoggg,

If it doesn't work by changing the port, try this: go to the Traffic list, look for the Eudora rule, double click it (or right click it and select Edit rule) and, at Network Events select All. See if this solves you problem.

Also, did you try the test commands from that article?

telnet sendmail.YOURDOMAIN 25
    telnet sendmail.YOURDOMAIN 587

What was the result?

Cris.