Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Can't Remove Anti-phishing Toolbar

Options

Hello, ever since I've had problems with bitdefender, like random freezing or even not being able to browse the web but can still use IM programs. I uninstalled it but haven't had any luck removing the anti-phishing toolbar from firefox.

I've looked at a few posts that say to use the uninstall tool, so I tried it out, but no luck so I then tried it in safe mode. Again no luck, so I reinstalled bitdefender, booted into safe mode and ran the uninstall tool but the anti-phishing toolbar is still listed in the firefox extension list. So is there any method that actually works?

Comments

• Just realised that I should have posted this in the 2010 section

• Would be nice if I got a reply sometime soon from the technical staff or who ever can help

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello Herald,

First, close Firefox, then browse to the next location : C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\components and delete the following files : FFComm.dll and IBDFirefox.xpt . Restart Firefox and look if the same issue occurs.

Thank you.

• I could not find those two items in the components folder

• I could not find those two items in the components folder

I've done everything in the forums to remove the Bitdender Antiphishing tool in the Firfox extensions and it's still there. I ran the removal tool in safe mode tried to find a .rtf file with Bitdender mentioned...exerything and the darn extention is still there. I even let Windows 7 transfer the files on my old computer to my new one and now it's even on the new one and I never installed Bitdefender on it. I't time we get an answer to this where exactly does the data file for Bitdefender anitphilshing 2.0 hide in Mozilla Firefox?...it's not in the registry!

Jeff

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello cjeff,

Please browse to the next location: C:\Program Files\Mozilla Thunderbird\components and delete the following 2 files : "bdtb.dll" and "bdtb.ini". Reboot your computer and look if the same issue occurs.

In case, there is not change after you perform this action, please follow the next link and download the "support.bat" tool on your system. This tool will gather information's about the BitDefender and Mozilla files from your system. Please upload the reports on http://www.sendspace.com/, then send me a PM with the download link .

We are looking forward to your reply.

Thank you.

• bimbim
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Hello cjeff,

Please browse to the next location: C:\Program Files\Mozilla Thunderbird\components and delete the following 2 files : "bdtb.dll" and "bdtb.ini". Reboot your computer and look if the same issue occurs.

In case, there is not change after you perform this action, please follow the next link and download the "support.bat" tool on your system. This tool will gather information's about the BitDefender and Mozilla files from your system. Please upload the reports on http://www.sendspace.com/, then send me a PM with the download link .

We are looking forward to your reply.

Thank you.

Same problem here. I already delete the FFComm.dll and IBDFirefox.xpt. Restart FF. But the toolbar still persist.

I download the support.bat and execute it, but i don't think it generates the correct log file. It simply trying to find BD in the wrong location (i'm using Vista x64), so the path is not in the %Program Files%

Btw,.i don't remember the exact BDIS version i'm using in my Vista 64.

• Same problem here. I already delete the FFComm.dll and IBDFirefox.xpt. Restart FF. But the toolbar still persist.

I download the support.bat and execute it, but i don't think it generates the correct log file. It simply trying to find BD in the wrong location (i'm using Vista x64), so the path is not in the %Program Files%

Btw,.i don't remember the exact BDIS version i'm using in my Vista 64.

Hi,

Try this batch file: http://www.sendspace.com/file/1cpna5

Cheers!

• Hi,

Try this batch file: http://www.sendspace.com/file/1cpna5

Cheers!

The log file only generates some kind of volume serial number. Is that correct ?

• Sorry,.i misinterpret the term.

Is not the actual toolbar, the toolbar itself is gone,..but the addon for toolbar is still exist.

20091219131208.th.png

• Sorry,.i misinterpret the term.

Is not the actual toolbar, the toolbar itself is gone,..but the addon for toolbar is still exist.

20091219131208.th.png

Hi bimbim,

Try to uninstall addon from Add-on window of Firefox.

I'm surprised that the log file you sent to me is showing only volume information. On my computer the batch file works.

Try to Run as administrator batch file. Maybe this will help.

After this, if log file is containing more information, send a PM with link to Alex Stanciu.

Best regards!

• I have the same problem and I didnt fin solution...

• In any case there doesn't seem to be a solution for this problem from the people who wrote the program. I can no longer recommend any of the Bitdefender products. If I figure it out I'll post the solution.

I have the same problem and I didnt fin solution...