Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Supporttool Hangs...

Options

Recently, I was asked to run SupportTool to create a file which is to be sent to Support to analyze a problem on my system. When I ran it, it would hang at about 40% completion. After about 10 minutes, I would give up, cancel it and the only files created in the folder on my desktop were a SYSDUMP.HTML file, an empty SYSDUMP.TAR file and an empty SYSDUMP.TXT file. Apparently, what is supposed to be created is the SYSDUMP.TAR file. After reading another post, I read a Support help article that said to download a program SYSDUMP.EXE and run it to create the SYSDUMP.TAR file. I did find SYSDUMP.EXE in the Bitdefender/2010/Support/Tools directory. Apparently what the SupportTool program does is run the SYSDUMP.EXE program (not sure why). When I executed SYSDUMP.EXE it ran for a while but then it stopped and asked me to insert the Microsoft Office XP Media Content disk into my disk drive. It then found what it needed from the disk and continued on to completion, creating the SYSDUMP.TAR file. Apparently, when running SupportTool, it cannot deal with this request to insert the disk (it doesn't get displayed) and just hangs. I am running Windows XP with Outlook XP (2002)

Comments

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello TheNit,

We will further investigate this sittuation to see what exactly is causing it and let you know if we need other reports from your system .

Thank you.