Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Beware Of The 2010 Trial - Uninstall Woes.

Options

Hi..

I tried the Bitdefender 2010 trial.

Needels to say it's totally wacked my computer, uninstalling disabled my network adapters. Installing again and using the uninstaller you can download didn't properly remove the product. I got my nework adapters working agian but the app is still in Add remove programs and uninstalling it there of course doesn't work.

I also checked the registry and found a bunch of registery keys left.

My whole Sunday afternoon has been wasted removing the product, how can something like this happen that the product cannot be uninstalled in a simple and a clean way. Just Google this issue and you'll find others with this problem.

I'm glad MS is giving us users Security Essentials for free, there's a dire need for the Security Biz shape up. I know the competition is hard but one cannot release new releases all the time with so many issues involved.

Otherwise the product looks good and shows a lot of potential but it's far from being matur.e.

Simon

Comments

• CanWEBada
    edited December 2009
    Options

How to uninstall or remove BitDefender totally form your computer?

You can uninstall or remove BitDefender totally form your computer by two ways. All the two ways are described below:

Method 1: Uninstalling form Control Panel

Click on Start menu and then Control Panel. From the Control Panel, double click on Add/Remove programs.

Form the Add/Remove Programs window, find BitDefender and click on it.

A Remove button will be visible and click on it and wait to fully uninstall it.

When uninstallation is finished, Restart your computer.

That's all to remove or uninstall BitDefender form your computer. If you fail then follow Method 2 to remove or uninstall BitDefender totally form your computer.

Method 2: Remove BitDefender using BitDefender Removal Tool

Firstly, download BitDefender Removal Tool form the following link which is suitable for your computer.

BitDefender Removal Tool for 64-bit computer

BitDefender Removal Tool for 32-bit computer

When download is finished, go to the download location and double click to run the .exe file.

The uninstall tool interface will be loaded very shortly and click on Uninstall.

When uninstallation is completed, Restart your computer.

That's all, to uninstall or remove BitDefender totally.

• How to uninstall or remove BitDefender totally form your computer?

You can uninstall or remove BitDefender totally form your computer by two ways. All the two ways are described below:

Method 1: Uninstalling form Control Panel

Click on Start menu and then Control Panel. From the Control Panel, double click on Add/Remove programs.

Form the Add/Remove Programs window, find BitDefender and click on it.

A Remove button will be visible and click on it and wait to fully uninstall it.

When uninstallation is finished, Restart your computer.

That's all to remove or uninstall BitDefender form your computer. If you fail then follow Method 2 to remove or uninstall BitDefender totally form your computer.

Method 2: Remove BitDefender using BitDefender Removal Tool

Firstly, download BitDefender Removal Tool form the following link which is suitable for your computer.

BitDefender Removal Tool for 64-bit computer

BitDefender Removal Tool for 32-bit computer

When download is finished, go to the download location and double click to run the .exe file.

The uninstall tool interface will be loaded very shortly and click on Uninstall.

When uninstallation is completed, Restart your computer.

That's all, to uninstall or remove BitDefender totally.

I'm so sorry but neither has worked for me. I'm a tech and this has got me puzzled. I'm still reading the forum and will return to this post after I read some.

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello camelot_usa,

We are sorry to hear that BitDefender haven't worked on your system as you expected.

In order to remove BitDefender you should also try the steps bellow :

1. Follow the next link and download from the Microsoft web page a special tool called Windows Installer CleanUp Utility . After the download is complete I want you to install this tool.

Now click on Start from Windows and choose All Programs. Look after the Windows Install Clean Up program and open it. A new window will appear and you will have to look on that list after BitDefender . Select it and choose Remove.

2. After that, you should also try to run the BitDefender uninstall tool in Safe Mode, reboot your system after that and BitDefender should be completely removed from your system .

Thank you.

• Howdy, I'm on my way to work on that as you speak. THX for the quick response. This is the 16th pc for me to install bitdefender on and the 1st to have problems. we had the online ver on here because this machine was used for a simulator and I ran the uninstaller which showed to removed the online ver. then reboot and installed av 2010 and all heck broke loose. I noticed that all bitdef was installed in program files and common files along with registry BUT so was the online ver. still there??? It want even let you delete a single text file out of bitdef folder or even a string in the registry.??? blew me away? If something comes to mind I need to know shoot me an email or I'll not read it until I come back to post my results. THX again Scotty