Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bd2010 Changing Ie's Internet Settings

Options

Since installing BD2010 AV, my web browsers have no internet access anymore. In checking the internet options I noticed that under LAN settings, the proxy server 127.0.0.0 was activated. In changing to Automatically Detect Settings, the issue was resolved ... till the next reboot. What is happening, is the proxy part of bd, and if so, how do I get this to function?

Comments

• Alex Stanciu
    Alex Stanciu ✭✭
    edited December 2009
    Options

Hello gvittman,

For start, please let us know on which Internet browser you have encounter this sittuation . Only the BitDefender Antiphishing toolbar integrates in your browser so you may try to disable it in order to check if this option is causing this sittuation. Here is what you have to do :

1. In Mozilla Firefox, click on Tools->Add-ons, click on the BitDefender Antiphishing Toolbar 2.0 and choose Disable . Restart Firefox after that .

2. In Internet Explorer click on Tools from the top and then choose Manage Add-ons->Enable or disable Add-ons. After that make sure that under Show is selected the option "Add-ons currently added in Internet Explorer ". Select the Add-on called BitDefender Toolbar and from Settings please choose the option Disable then click on Ok.

Thank you.

• Hello gvittman,

For start, please let us know on which Internet browser you have encounter this sittuation . Only the BitDefender Antiphishing toolbar integrates in your browser so you may try to disable it in order to check if this option is causing this sittuation. Here is what you have to do :

1. In Mozilla Firefox, click on Tools->Add-ons, click on the BitDefender Antiphishing Toolbar 2.0 and choose Disable . Restart Firefox after that .

2. In Internet Explorer click on Tools from the top and then choose Manage Add-ons->Enable or disable Add-ons. After that make sure that under Show is selected the option "Add-ons currently added in Internet Explorer ". Select the Add-on called BitDefender Toolbar and from Settings please choose the option Disable then click on Ok.

Thank you.

Thanks Alex, but there is one info which I am missing from your reply, and that is if this Antiphishing toolbar activates LAN settings to use the proxy localhost.

By the way, Firefox is not affected, only IE and all applications depending of IE settings.

Thanks,

George

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello gvittman,

BitDefender have no option that can activate/deactivate the "LAN settings" option from Internet Explorer. The BitDefender Antiphishing toolbar is the only component that integrates in the browser and that is why I told you to disable it so that we can be sure it is not causing this sittuation.

Thank you .