Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Ipv6 Cause To Slow Local Network Transfer Speeds

Options

I had a major issue since fairly recently when transferring files from my Windows 7 64 bit bitdefender protected pc to my (not yet) Windows 7 64 bit protected mediaserver.

Since I have Gigabit cabling and switches, speeds of 100-125 MB/s where common, all of a sudden my speeds drop to an average of 5 MB/s with peaks up to 11 MB/s.

Also when using Remote Desktop to my mediaserver and initiating the transfer from within the RDP Session, a normal speed of 125 MB/s was the result.

Baffled I began searching, and in the French forum I got a hint a the culprit.

It seems that the IPv6 network connection is causing the issue.

When I disable the IPv6 network connection possibilities my speeds to return to what is expected from a Gigabit lan.

Solution open network center - click on the Lan Connection - Properties - Uncheck Internet Protocol V6

For now I go without the IPv6 possibilities, but for my local lan this shouldn't be a problem.

Jurgen

Comments

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello Jurgen,

Please try the steps bellow and let us know what happens :

-> Open BitDefender, in Expert Mode and click on Firewall; Temporarily uncheck "Firewall is enabled". Now please test in order to see if the connectivity issue reoccurs.

-> If it doesn't reoccur please re-enable the Firewall, then select the Network tab in the upper menu and click on the current "Network Type", pull down the drop-down menu and select "Trusted Local", Stealth to "No" and Generic to "Yes". In the Zones area please click on the "+" sign and add the IP address of the local device that you are trying to connect to;

-> If the connection is unsuccessful please go to the Status tab, click on the "Advanced Settings" button and check the option called "Enable Internet Connection Sharing" . Now please uncheck "Block Port scan" as well and click OK. Test in order to see if the connectivity issue is still present.

Thank you.