Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bit Defender Toolbar Update

Options

Is there an update for the bit defender toolbar in Thunderbird 3.0? At present it is grayed out as incompatible.

Comments

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello Z._K.,

We are aware of this issue and until the final version of Thunderbird 3 will be release, we assure you that this sittuation will be fixed .

Thank you.

• Anyone know about when TB 3.0 will be in final release?

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello TimGot,

You will find this information here : https://wiki.mozilla.org/Releases .

Thank you.

• Now that Thunderbird 3.0.1 is out I hope you´ll find a solution to get the tollbar addon to work. :rolleyes:

• MalcolmD
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Anyone know about when TB 3.0 will be in final release?

I believe it already is.

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello MalcolmD and Gizbar,

We are aware of this sittuation and a fix will be released in our next major update .

Thank you.

• Can you tell us when you next "major" update will be?

Is this update only for 2010 or will it also include 2009 products?

I was planning to update to Thunderbird 3 but noticed that the toolbar is incompatible so I am holding off at this time. However, a general time frame for the update would be good to know. I am approaching the end of my subscription period so I would like to know my options.

Thanks,

B

• Hello MalcolmD and Gizbar,

We are aware of this sittuation and a fix will be released in our next major update .

Thank you.

MalcolmD and Gizbar are not the only ones who would like to know when this next major update is coming...it has been over a month since you replied to them....I think quite a few people are awaiting this update in order to install Thunderbird 3.0...so we all thank you in advance for supplying the information on the next update...

• the upgrade is here!! It came this morning! I installed Thunderbird 3.01 this morning & the bitdefender toolbar was recognized!

• Hello forum,

i`m still using BD IS 2009 and i didn`t got an update for the toolbar. TB upgrade reports bd toolbar is not compatible! When could i expect an upgrade for my toolbar? By the way... i`m not planing to upgrade to BDIS 2010.

Regards

jhe

• alexcrist
    Options

jhe, BitDefender 2009 products will not receive the update.

There are some minor tweaks that can be done into the BD toolbar so Thunderbird will load it (I managed to do it last night), but the toolbar was completely disabled, probably because it couldn't communicate with BitDefender itself.

Mozilla made some big changes into how the plugins work, making the plugin architecture more secure. Thus plugins for both Firefox and Thunderbird have to be changed to be able to work correctly into the newest versions of Firefox and Thunderbird. And since BitDefender 2009 and BitDefender 2010 have slightly different architectures at this point, the update that was made available for BD 2010 will not be available for BD 2009.

So your only option at this point, if you want to continue using the BitDefender Antispam toolbar in Thunderbird 3, is to upgrade to BitDefender 2010, which you can do for free.

Cris.

• I'm using Total security 2010 and toolbar is missing in Thunderbird 3.0.1. and it's grey in Firefox 3.6.

How to fix this?