Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Register Warning In Every Boot

Options

Anyone can tell me why my bitdefender 2010 antivirus keep pop up "reminder to register" in every boot of my Windows 7 64bit. I have a valid key and registed 2010 antivirus officially. there is no problem during installation and the software running well too. but the pop up "reminder to register" is too annoying which I need to cancel it EVERYTIME in EVERY BOOT. Please help.

Comments

• Hi ohero,

Are you using a trial version? If so, you need to verify your email address to remove that notice. I too was receiving the notice and it stopped once I clicked the validation link sent to me via email.

• Alex Stanciu
    Alex Stanciu ✭✭
    edited December 2009
    Options

Hello ohero,

Please follow the steps bellow :

1. First, make sure that you have registered BitDefender under your account. Open BitDefender in Expert Mode, click on the Registration module, then click on the "Activate Product" button. Type in your email address with which you have created the BitDefender account, your password, then click on the "Sign In" button then click on Finnish.

2. If the "Activate Product" button is grayed out, then click on Start from Windows, choose Run and type

"C:\program files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010\bdwizreg.exe" /account then click on Ok. The same registration window will be displayed and you will have to follow the steps from step 1.

Let us know what happened .

Thank you.

• I've tried this solution four or five times and it does not work. Why is it necessary to get an email? I paid for the product, entered my ID number, and I should be finished. Instead, I have to click on some link in an email. What if you miss the email? What if the email is caught in spam? This is poor software development and should have been thought through. It was not. I could not find a support number to call, that's been hidden as well. Answer five or ten questions and then you still don't get a phone number to call. I've been using bit defender for years and this is the first version will the email link. Get rid of it.

• The Activation Reminder keeps coming up after every boot up. I've installed this on 3 registered machines and I get the same message all 3 times. This is NOT a trial version and I have followed the instructions outlined in the previous post. This is very irritating. Can someone please come up with a fix for this and let me know so I can get rid of this once and for all. If there is no fix, then I don't see why I should keep this product.

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello imaginasian and someone,

Please try one more time the steps described here and you should not receive that message anymore . We are sorry for the inconvenience this sittuation may have caused .

Thank you.

• Am still having the same problems here. Have IS 2010 on 2 machines and both keep giving me the same message on every boot :mellow:

Have tried the steps above on both machines and on more than one occasion but still the same problem.

NB: I never received a product activation email .... I have checked back through all my emails (including junk) and never had one. <_<

• I'm having the same problem. Keeps reminding me on two different machines.

Tried the suggested fix on both machines and it did not work.

• Grif
    Options

Bitdefender reseller here. I have multiple clients with this same problem. Tried the suggested fix to no avail.

This problem must be identified and fixed asap. It is costing me money.

• It has been a month and it is STILL doing it.

None of the suggested fixes corrects the issue. Are you guys going to fix this issue or what?

• Hello denikar,

We are very sorry for the late response to your post.

Please be so kind as to send me a PM with the email address you have used in order to create a BitDefender online account. Please also make a screen shot with the popup message you are receiving and post it here.

Thank you.

• Anyone can tell me why my bitdefender 2010 antivirus keep pop up "reminder to register" in every boot of my Windows 7 64bit. I have a valid key and registed 2010 antivirus officially. there is no problem during installation and the software running well too. but the pop up "reminder to register" is too annoying which I need to cancel it EVERYTIME in EVERY BOOT. Please help.

I had the same problem on Windows 7 64 bit also.

I fixed it by going to the Bit Defender website and clicked on 'My BitDefender' in the upper right.

After trying to login with my email address it gave me a message saying that the address had not yet been verified and there was the option to resend the activation email. After clicking on that I checked my email and the activation link was finally there. From there it is simple.

Hope that helps.

• I had the same problem on Windows 7 64 bit also.

I fixed it by going to the Bit Defender website and clicked on 'My BitDefender' in the upper right.

After trying to login with my email address it gave me a message saying that the address had not yet been verified and there was the option to resend the activation email. After clicking on that I checked my email and the activation link was finally there. From there it is simple.

Hope that helps.

That did it! Thank you very much! ;)

• Hello denikar,

We are glad to notice that the situation was solved. Please let us know if we can assist you any further.

Thank you.

• Anyone can tell me why my bitdefender 2010 antivirus keep pop up "reminder to register" in every boot of my Windows 7 64bit. I have a valid key and registed 2010 antivirus officially. there is no problem during installation and the software running well too. but the pop up "reminder to register" is too annoying which I need to cancel it EVERYTIME in EVERY BOOT. Please help.

Hello denikar,

We are glad to notice that the situation was solved. Please let us know if we can assist you any further.

Thank you.

BD Forum:

I have had BD Anti Virus since 2008 and have continually registered newer versions including the renewal of my 2010 version with a new key. However, after months and months of e-mails from BD and my efforts to solve this, I STILL get this "Product Activation Reminder" pop up everytime I boot up.

I tried the suggestion given in the forum but it does not work for me. The site takes my e-mail address but won't let me log in to My BD with the password given. Even if I ask for a new password and it sends a link to my e-mail, the new password does not work either. I am so feed up with this! :huh:

• Unknown
    Options

Hello Nsbirdie,

The registration issue you encounter is because you did not removed the old version of BitDefender before installing the 2010 one. Follow the steps recommended by me in your other topic and also the registration matter should be resolved.

Please confirm that the issue has been resolved.

Regards,

• Alex -

I am having the same problem though I have tried the solution mentioned in this post a few times now. Every time I reboot the computer I get the Product Activation Reminder. I bought BitDefender for the first time after a trial period and am running Windows 7 (64 bit). No e-mail has come to me for confirmation despite my repeated attempts. Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks

• Hi Rachel,

I have passed your query to my colleagues from the Sales department. An email was sent to your email associated with your forum account with instructions on how to investigate this matter. Once we have your account and registration key verified, we will deal with the activation issue.

Kind regards,