Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Firewall Blocks Everything, Even In Game Mode

Options

I installed the trial verison, but I can't enable the Firewall, whenever I do, no matter what level of security I select, it blocks the internet entirely.

I connect to the internet through a router (it's a cable connection). I have 1 other PC on my network, it does NOT have BD2010 installed and works fine.

My PC will work fine once I disable the Firewall inside BT, but with it enabled on ANY type of setting (even game mode) I can't connect to internet.

Is this a known issue?

Comments

• bfreshour
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I installed the trial verison, but I can't enable the Firewall, whenever I do, no matter what level of security I select, it blocks the internet entirely.

I connect to the internet through a router (it's a cable connection). I have 1 other PC on my network, it does NOT have BD2010 installed and works fine.

My PC will work fine once I disable the Firewall inside BT, but with it enabled on ANY type of setting (even game mode) I can't connect to internet.

Is this a known issue?

Anyone have any ideas? I also noticed that when I set the firewall to 'Report' level and turn it on, it never asks me when an app tries to access the internet. Just blocks the connection.

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello Brad F,

Please open BitDefender in Expert Mode, click on the Firewall module then on the Network tab, under the "Network Configuration" - Adapter, select your network adapter and change the Trust Level to "Trusted Local", Stealth to No and Generic to Yes .

If you have the same issues after that please follow the steps bellow :

1. Open My Computer.

2. Browse to

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010

- considering that BitDefender was installed on the default C partition

3. Doubleclick on the supporttool.exe file .(in case you have Windows Vista or Windows 7, right click on the the supporttool.exe file and choose "Run as administrator" )

4. Click on Next, wait a few minutes for the progress bar to complete and then click on Finish .

5. Go to the desktop, upload the report on http://www.sendspace.com/ then send me a PM with the download link or reply to our email with the report attached .

We are looking forward to your reply.

Thank you.

• I have exactly the same problem as BradF.I am using BitDefender Internet Security 2010 and I am connecting to the intenet wired router.I have sen't you a link with rar file which created support tool.Please help me

• Hello mikivr,

Please let us know if your issue occurs again after following the steps presented by my colleague:

"Please open BitDefender in Expert Mode, click on the Firewall module then on the Network tab, under the "Network Configuration" - Adapter, select your network adapter and change the Trust Level to "Trusted Local", Stealth to No and Generic to Yes ."

Thank you.

• Hello mikivr,

Please let us know if your issue occurs again after following the steps presented by my colleague:

"Please open BitDefender in Expert Mode, click on the Firewall module then on the Network tab, under the "Network Configuration" - Adapter, select your network adapter and change the Trust Level to "Trusted Local", Stealth to No and Generic to Yes ."

Thank you.

I tried this sollution as you suggested but the problem persists.After I enable firewall internet connection disappears instantly...

• Hello mikivr,

We sent you a solution with the steps you need to take in order to solve this.

Please reply back to the e-mail you received from us.

Thank you.