Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Refund

Options

After sitting patiently for some time now I do feel the vsserv.exe issues are not being resolved and/or taken seriously enough.

I would therefore like to know how to gain a refund for software which is "not fit for purpose". Obviously I would not expect a full refund but I will expect a refund for the remainder of my license.

So please someone tell me how to get the ball rolling so I can move away from BD and get my computer running again.

"Running Bit defender at present is crippling my PC; its like having a virus"

Comments

• tigersden
    edited January 2010
    Options

Hi Simon

I had the same issues and had Bitdefender installed on 3 different machines.

I emailed Bitdefender asking for refund for 32/36 of my license to be refunded.

To date they have not bothered to reply.

Bitdefender made all my computers unusable so I have since gone to a competitors product which is working properly and I now have 3 computers that can be used.

I know some will say that is not the answer but I need to be able to use my computers and removing Bitdefender was the quickest option, as support never replied to any of my messages.

Search the net we are not the only ones that have issues with Bitdefender there are numerous other users/ ex users out there.

To be honest I wish I had never purchased this software as it is not for purpose and duing my time using it felt as if you were beta testing it for them.

• SpeedofSound
    edited January 2010
    Options

i completely agree with ya'all.

since bitdefender has NOT answered anyone of my 49 emails and tech support is not very helpful. all they give me is third party links to other software to try to correct the problem with their own software!! sad sad sad!!!! i think i am done with them and will chaulk this purchase up to just another wasted dime!! only thing is, with 9 computers in my house to protect, it adds up to more than just a dime!!! that is great to be wasting money like this in this day and age. Thank You bitdefender!!

• fabotha
    edited January 2010
    Options

I have the same on going issues.

My Bit defender 2010 has never worked and the only fix I ever seem to get is try uninstalling and re installing.

They are not updating my thread as thier latest thing to try does not even work.

Frank

• Cheez
    edited January 2010
    Options

Same here. Apparently, I've not learned my lesson.

Last year, I got BDIS (multiple licenses). It worked on my desktop but never worked on my notebook. I was so frustrated that I got Kaspersky for my notebook instead, while my desktop continues with BDIS. So I wasted the extra licenses I bought.

This year, I thought I would upgrade. Silly me - I bought 3 licenses, again. Now, I can't even install BDIS on my desktop. With online support/ emails etc, the problem wasn't solved. I thought I better not waste the license and attempted to install BDIS on my notebook (new one, by the way). It wouldn't update no matter what I did (after ploughing through all the threads in this forum and followed every possible solution). Didn't work.

I've emailed them for a refund. Doesn't look like I'm getting it. So...I wasted my money again - 3 licenses this year! This is the last time I'm going to use BDIS. I've wasted so much money and time on it, it's not even funny. All my machines are running Kaspersky now. I'm sticking with it.

Sorry for ranting, but this is one unhappy customer.

• By the way, I didn't make the decision to switch hastily. I was trying to get it to work for weeks. And for the installation problem, I DID use the uninstall tool. I also did a deep registry clean using JVpowertools. I even manually attempted to remove all traces of BDIS to make sure that there's no traces left. The install still did not work.

As for the updating problem, I've got no idea what's wrong.

• hmmmm since they (bitdefender) seem to not care perhaps some media coverage is needed?

I am personally seeking consumer advice over the sale of goods not fit for purpose. This could prove interesting for them.

• The product did not meet my expectation

If you are not satisfied with your purchase, BitDefender offers 30 days money back guarantee!

Therefore, if you are not satisfied with your purchase, you have 30 days since purchase to change your mind and to request a refund, using this form.

If more then 30 days have passed please use your BitDefender online account in order to contact the BitDefender Support Team for more details, including the refund details.

* BitDefender does not refund purchases that are made through resellers or trough unauthorized sellers, as you agreed with their refund policy.

In the case your purchase was not submitted trough the BitDefender website, we invite you to contact the reseller directly for your request to be processed.

http://www.bitdefender.com/site/KnowledgeBase/consumer/#544

• tigersden
    edited January 2010
    Options

Thanks for the link Simon I have sent message requesting a refund through my account. Lets see if they bother to reply ;)

BTW my problems started outside of their 30 day period.

Keep us informed re sale of goods.

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello Simon N, Tigersden and SpeedofSound,

We are sorry to hear that BitDefender did not work on your systems as you expected .We have created you email tickets and one of my colleagues from the Customer Care department will contact you in regards to your request .

Have a nice day .

• Hello Simon N, Tigersden and SpeedofSound,

We are sorry to hear that BitDefender did not work on your systems as you expected .We have created you email tickets and one of my colleagues from the Customer Care department will contact you in regards to your request .

Have a nice day .

Ah my previous version of this post was deleted as it spoke the truth; actually was deleted under the guise of recommending/promoting another antivirus program.

So I wont promote or recommend another piece of software. I will however point out that I installed another piece of software and upon running a full system scan it found 3 viruses (virii?) that had sat undetected by bitdefender. Not cool.

Now some might say this type of thing happens and they will fix it/update the definitions. However when vsserv.exe is eating resources and causing no end of crashes on peoples pc's I really doubt Bitdefender care anymore.

I asked for a refund for the remainder of my licence. This would equate to a few pounds (yes am English) at the most. See its not about the money its about the principle. Bitdefender you are using substandard software that should definitely not be charged for.

So all you die hard bit defender fans; by all means keep using it but do be aware you could have undetected trojans/viruses on your computer and have software that is not able to cope.

Bitdefender chap that likes to delete posts...I have mentioned no other software and have voiced openly my issues and concerns. Do others a favour and let them read this and leave it where it is. Feel free to lock it so as to not start a mass hatred discussion though.

• simon N
    edited January 2010
    Options

Success; my partial refund has now been approved and I am happy as have switched away.

Hope you all have the same outcome

Simon