Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bd2010 Internet Security - Bitdefender Agent Critical Error At Startup

Options

I recently installed BD2010 IS on to my PC with Vista Business SP2 PC

After installing the software you are instructed to reboot your pc

On restart a BD message window appears (5 times)

Bit Defender Agent has encountered a critical error

You are then asked to complete your email address and a summary of the situatiuon and submit the report.

The result is that there is no BD icon in the system tray.

also my BD has the following problems

If you open BD from the Start menu and then try to click settings to select mode of use the setting button does nothing.

The Firewall has only recognised a few of my programs and it does not let the other have access to the internet or FTP

The SPAM filter does not appear in window mail so cannot be used.

is anything else not working that I should know about?

1. I contacted BD via the telephone

Thier 1st repsonse was run the repair tool

did this and it still did not work

2. contacted BD again by phone

I had to then uninstall the product using their uninstall tool and reinstall

did this and it still failed

3. contacted them again by phone

they said that BD and UAC in Vista were not compatible so they told me to disable UAC

did this and BD still failed

BD Support then said they would escalate my problem to the next level

How can a company release a product that does not work?

I had BD 2009 and for 9 months it made my PC crash at least once a day.

I know this because I uninstalled BD2009 and have not had the PC crash once.

I read the reviews and for some reason thought I would give BD2010 a go

The only good thing is that it doesn't crash my PC everyday but as for a working product, I am left speechless.

Anyone out there offer a solution other than binning the product, asking for my money back and installing another package?

Thanks

Comments

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello fabotha,

We need to have a look on a special report generated on your system, to see what exactly is causing this issue. We would like you follow the steps bellow :

1. Open My Computer.

2. Browse to

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010

- considering that BitDefender was installed on the default C partition

3. Doubleclick on the supporttool.exe file .(in case you have Windows Vista or Windows 7, right click on the the supporttool.exe file and choose "Run as administrator" )

4. Click on Next, wait a few minutes for the progress bar to complete and then click on Finish .

5. Go to the desktop, upload the report on http://www.sendspace.com/ then send me a PM with the download link .

We are looking forward to your reply.

Thank you.

• Hi

I PMed you the file locations have you had a chance to scan the files yet?

Thanks

Frank

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello fabotha,

We have sent you a an email with more instructions . We are looking forward to your reply.

Thank you.

• as per the instructions

I booted in safe mode

ran the remove BD tool

rebooted

ran the install of BD via supplied link.

still produced exactly the same results, cannot select mode of use, firewall not working properly, spam filter not working, no icon in the system tray.

on reboot after install BD produces a window saying BD Agebt has encountered a critical error

I have PMed you the screen print

If you try and suggest I install BD in safe mode, it will not let you , the installation produces an error message after a few seconds.

Thanks

Frank

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello fabotha,

Thank you for the reports. We have forwarded them to my colleagues from the Testing team and as soon as we have new information's we will keep you posted.

Once again please accept our apologizes for any inconveniences this situation might have caused.

Thank you.

• Hi

Any News?

Do you know how long I will have to wait?

Many Thanks

Frank

• I was using BD2010 build 13.0.16.343 and i had problems with my windows live messenger on windows XP. In my Vista laptop everything was working ok. Since i updated to version 13.0.17, the WLM issue is gone but i have a lot of critical errors on startup followed by the famous "vsserv.exe not available.....bla bla bla" on Vista.

Since this didn't occur before the update i guess it has something to do with it.

• Hi

Any News?

Do you know how long I will have to wait?

Many Thanks

Frank

Hi fabotha,

Are you sure your computer was clean when you installed BitDefender?

Until problem is figured out and solved, I suggest you to perform a full boot scan with Live Rescue CD from BitDefender. You can download the ISO from here: http://download.bitdefender.com/rescue_cd/

You can burn image using ImgBurn that can be downloaded for free from here: http://www.imgburn.com/

After you burn de ISO image to a CD, reboot your computer and boot from this Live CD. After system starts in Knoppix, you will be able to perform a full scan & clean for malware. If scan process is hanging (not responding for about 15 minutes) you can reboot and perform another scan. At the end of scanning process you will be able to clean infected files (if they will exists).

After this, try to start your Windows then reinstall BitDefender.

I hope it will start.

Cheers!

• Hi fabotha,

Are you sure your computer was clean when you installed BitDefender?

Until problem is figured out and solved, I suggest you to perform a full boot scan with Live Rescue CD from BitDefender. You can download the ISO from here: http://download.bitdefender.com/rescue_cd/

You can burn image using ImgBurn that can be downloaded for free from here: http://www.imgburn.com/

After you burn de ISO image to a CD, reboot your computer and boot from this Live CD. After system starts in Knoppix, you will be able to perform a full scan & clean for malware. If scan process is hanging (not responding for about 15 minutes) you can reboot and perform another scan. At the end of scanning process you will be able to clean infected files (if they will exists).

After this, try to start your Windows then reinstall BitDefender.

I hope it will start.

Cheers!

I downloaded BitDefenderRescueCD_v2.0.0_3_08_2009.iso

I created a CD

I booted from CD selected option 1 load knoppix in English

I got the following error from Knoppix (2.6.19)

Cant find Knoppix files system, sorry.

Dropping you to (very) limited shell

Press reset button to quit.

What next?

Also do you do when knoppix actually loads to get bit defender to run ?

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello fabotha,

This sittuation is still being investigated and as soon as we have new informations we will contact you back right away.

Thank you.

• @fobotha

Hi,

I have exact same problem. Is your issue solved?

No reaction from BD? I see no update since Jan, 9

Regards,

Auxifides

• @Alex Stanciu

I have this problem too.

Is the investigation still going on?

Regards,

Auxifides