Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Cannot Enable Bd Firewall

2»

Comments

• Hello,

I'm having the same problem. Have Windows 7 Version 6.1 (Build 7600). For what I know, the people who are having the same problem still have not managed to solve it.

Could I be emailed the procedure to fix it when it's known?

Also, I started a topic on the same matter but I can't seem to erase it. How do I erase it?

Thanks!

• Hello,

I'm having the same problem. Have Windows 7 Version 6.1 (Build 7600). For what I know, the people who are having the same problem still have not managed to solve it.

Could I be emailed the procedure to fix it when it's known?

Also, I started a topic on the same matter but I can't seem to erase it. How do I erase it?

Thanks!

Hi again,

When I start Windows I get the following message:

BitDefender Firewall TDI Filter Driver has one or more drivers with known incompatibilities with this version of Windows. Please contact your software verder BitDefender to obtain a compatible version of the drivers prior to installing this software.

I think the problem obveously has to do with Windows 7, at least in my case, because I also have Vista installed in the same computer and BitDefender works without problems.

• mminds
    edited September 2009

hello there, i'm having problem too with activating the Firewall. the network security button shows 'critical warning' and when i click on it, it shows 'firewall' and 'stealth mode' as disabled. unfortunately, when i checked both boxes and hit the 'fix all now' button, nothing happens.

would appreciate if anyone can provide me with assistance, much thanks.

BitDefender Internet Security 2008 OEM

• Hi,

I'm having the same problem as well activating my firewall, I get the same issue as the poster above me without the 'stealth mode' part that is.

Please help.

BitDefender Total Security 2009

• Has anyone heard from tech support in the last week? I even sent someone an IM and still no reply. Is anyone reading these forums?

• Hello 1bigham, RadicalMan69 and mminds,

We have sent you the procedure that will help you activate the BitDefender firewall. Please reply to our email if you have any other questions .

Thank you .

• I'm having the same problem.

when I try to enable firewall, BitDefender Internet Security 2009 show this message

F0H73513.jpg

I have tried to fix this problem by click on red "fix" button

but unfortunately, this button did not work

Thank you!

• The topic title says everything. I also went to device manager to disable device and then to repair but it doesn't work. Anyone help?

• solved the problem by transfering to bitdefender IS 2010

• Hi again,

When I start Windows I get the following message:

BitDefender Firewall TDI Filter Driver has one or more drivers with known incompatibilities with this version of Windows. Please contact your software verder BitDefender to obtain a compatible version of the drivers prior to installing this software.

I think the problem obveously has to do with Windows 7, at least in my case, because I also have Vista installed in the same computer and BitDefender works without problems.

Hello !

I have the same problem... Can you please send me the workaround ?

TNX,

E

• Hi I am having the same problem with BitDefender Filrewall, I get the message cant communicate with the bitdefender virus shield service" when i try and turn on the firewall. Can you please send me the instructions to fix this problem.

Thanks

• Hi I am having the same problem with BitDefender Filrewall, I get the message cant communicate with the bitdefender virus shield service" when i try and turn on the firewall. Can you please send me the instructions to fix this problem.

Thanks

An update on my problem, I just tried upgrading to BitDefender 2010 in a hope that it would fix the problem, to no avail! still having the exact same issue! could you please let me know how to resolve this. I am running Windows Vista. I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you

• Hi me too, have 2009 edition vista 32.

Why dont you post your fixs? Seems alot of hard work that we post to get a response to the same problem ?

• Hello Thos,

We have a procedure that can help you install the Firewall driver. Because it is quite complex I have sent it to you by e-mail on the ticket ID that we have created for your case - 200905111003274 .

Thank you!

could you please send me the firewall driver.

• hello I also have the problem of not being able to start fire wall services. I have just upgraded to Windows 7. I have Antivirus 2009 installed.

I downloaded the 2 patches off the Bitdefender web site for uninstalling & re-installing the Firewall & then received a new error message saying that 'Bitdefender Firewall TDI filter Driver' is incompatible. Can you please assist.

• hello I also have the problem of not being able to start fire wall services. I have just upgraded to Windows 7. I have Antivirus 2009 installed.

I downloaded the 2 patches off the Bitdefender web site for uninstalling & re-installing the Firewall & then received a new error message saying that 'Bitdefender Firewall TDI filter Driver' is incompatible. Can you please assist.

Sorry the above post should be "I have Internet security 2009 installed"

• Hello returnal, Heddly and mnlk2,

I'm going to start off by answeringmnlk2 :

Unfortunately BitDefender 2009 is not officially supported on Windows 7, the only product that will be compatible with Windows 7 is BitDefender 2010 which is in a beta state at the moment.

For returnal I sent the resolution on Ticket ID 200906011003405 and Heddly can find an e-mail under Ticket ID 200906011003413 .

Please let me know if you received the e-mails and if the procedure was successful or not.

Thanks!

I recently purchased 8 copies of 2009 that do not expire for two years. I have just upgraded 5 PCs to Windows 7.

Will I need to purchase 2010 or is it a free upgrade?

Can you send me the rersolution?

Thanks in advace.

• I recently purchased 8 copies of 2009 that do not expire for two years. I have just upgraded 5 PCs to Windows 7.

Will I need to purchase 2010 or is it a free upgrade?

Can you send me the rersolution?

Thanks in advace.

I have a year left on my Bitdefender Total Security 2009 and have just installed Windows 7 and now my firewall won't load. Please assist. Thank you.

• I also am having the problem with Total Security 2009 not being able to enable the firewall. I'm running Windows 7, what do I do?

• I also am having the problem with Total Security 2009 not being able to enable the firewall. I'm running Windows 7, what do I do?

I am having a problem that seems to be similar to that here. I can't seem to get the firewall working in BD IS 2010. Not really sure what is going on I cant reinstall it through the network card/wireless settings as it is not showing up as an add. I guess the driver needs installing? Can you provide the instructions to me also please?

A

Well it has been a week since I raised this query, and there has been no contact from BitDefender to assist.

I have three months left before my license needs renewing but I can't use the program I have paid for. Therefore BitDefender I will go and update wth someone elses program because there is no way I would reward a company that won't assist their customers when so many of them are all having the same problem, by buying their update (just to be ignored again when the next problem comes along).

I can see from other posts that nearly a year ago BitDefender new of this problem with Windows 7 yet they still haven't fixed it with a patch. It seems they were happy to continue to sell their product and not tell anyone of the compatibility issue though.

• Hello gwjsmith,

BitDefender 2009 is not compatible with Windows 7 and that is why we recommend all of our users to upgrade for free to BitDefender 2010 following the instructions from the next article.

Thank you.

• Hi,

I just bought GameSafe but it's impossible for me to enable the firewall.

Could I get the fix in the mail as well? (use the e-mail when I signed up)

Thanks.

• Hi

Can you please send me the instructions for driver install. I Have the Total version and windows XP.

Thanks

• Hey Alex,

I am having the same problem as the original poster and pretty much everyone else with the Firewall issue. Can you email me a copy of the instructions on how to fix it. I am using Windows XP SP2. I have been trying to figure it out for a week. Thank you in advance for your help.

- Jeff

• I also upgraded from vista to windows 7 and the firewall will not enable. I also tried upgrading to internet security 2010, but i

recieved eroor codes. Can you e mail me the patch too.

thank you.

• Alex Stanciu
    Alex Stanciu ✭✭
    edited January 2010

Hello NSTURK725 and peaxps,

@NSTURK725 : We have sent you those steps through the email . Please reply back if you have any other questions.

@peaxps: BitDefender 2009 is not compatible with Windows 7 . Please upgrade for free to BitDefender 2010 following the instructions that you will find here .

Thank you.

• Diana,

I to am having same problem with firewall. can you please pass on a fix.

• Hello clinth,

In order to solve this issue we recommend you to upgrade for free to BitDefender 2010 following the instructions that you will find here.

Thank you.

• Hi,

Im having the same problem enableing the bitdefender firewall on windows7...

Can you please try to help me?

Thanks

Miguel

• Hello Miguel,

BitDefender 2009 is not compatible with Windows 7. I suggest upgrading to BitDefender 2010: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...f=130&id=17

Cris.

• CAN SOMEONE PLEASE SEND ME THE INSTRUCTIONS TO FIX THE COMMUNICATION ERROR WITH THE FIREWALL. I asked for this sometime ago and have not received a response (see post 75).

• Cristi Raducu
    edited February 2010
    CAN SOMEONE PLEASE SEND ME THE INSTRUCTIONS TO FIX THE COMMUNICATION ERROR WITH THE FIREWALL. I asked for this sometime ago and have not received a response (see post 75).

Full instructions on how to fix the firewall are available here:

http://kb.bitdefender.com/KB391-en--Firewa...vity-issue.html

• Hello,

I don't know if I'm having the same problem but it looks like it. When I go to the proporties of my network connection, then the Bitdefender Firewall NDIS Filter Driver isn't displayed. When I try to install it I see some files beeing copied but I get an error message saying "... access denied"

I really hope you can help me.

I have the exact same problem. Please help.

• Stazy
    edited March 2010

Hello, I am having the same problem using a Bitdefender antivirus : Bitdefender Total security 2009 and i am having problems with the firewall .If someone can send me instructions on how to fix the firewall i would be greatful. Thanks

Here is a screenshot of my problem http://yfrog.com/6w63190720j i tried the link a bit up but i get failed to connect to server message