Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

No Networks Detected/no Gateways Set

Options

After connecting to the Internet, the computer screen turned blue and displayed the following message:

"PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA"

I restarted the computer, and tried to connect again , but the shortcut I use to begin the dialup process would not work.

I set up another dialup shortcut - but received the message: "Error 691 : Access was denied because the username and/or password was invalid on the domain."

Upon looking up the firewall settings I noticed that under the Network Configuration, the adapter for my ISP had disappeared.

Under Computer IP's: no networks detected

Under Gateways: no gateways set

In the General Dashboard menu, I noticed that there is no network or file activity occuring.

According to Microsoft, the "Page Fault " error can be caused by faulty hardware, anti-virus software, a corrupted NTFS volume or a bad system service.

I hadn't added any software or hardware before this error occurred, so I'm leaning toward a problem with BDIS 2010.

I am tempted to uninstall BDIS 2010, but since I was upgraded online from BDIS 2009 I would be unable to reinstall 2010 from my disc.

Any advice would be most appreciated.

Comments

• UPDATE - PROBLEM SOLVED

Whatever the initial cause, I was able to set up yet another connection and finally get connected to the Internet.

The Network has been detected and Gateways reset.

Some have suggested problems with RAM, while others believe the hard drive might be failing.

I'll post in the future if I find the definite reason.

Thanks anyway.

• alexcrist
    alexcrist
    edited January 2010
    Options

Hello Fred5000,

You can download the BDIS 2010 full installation kit from here: http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/de...urity/final/en/

About your problem, I suspect some network adapter driver problems (which might also cause that BSOD). Have you reinstalled/updated it recently? If the problem appears again, try to completely uninstall it (from Device Manager -> Network adapters), restart your system, and reinstall the newest driver version available on the manufacturer's official website (use another system to download the kit, or download the kit right now and save it on your disc, in case you ever need it).

BitDefender Firewall only detects network settings after the adapter is connected to the network (and already has an IP/gateway and other settings set). Since your connection failed to dial, it is only normal that BD Firewall won't recognize the adapter and it's settings (since they are completely missing until you successfully connect).

Cris.