Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bd Is 2010 Not Going Into Standby

Options

I've just installed BD IS 2010 on 5 PC's in my home. All had been setup to go into standby or hibernate and were working fine before the installation. But now all keep running. I have tried to reinitiate them to go into standby but they will only do it manually. So far this is the only problem I'm getting.

Comments

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello dmac,

Just in testing purpose we recommend you to open BitDefender in Expert Mode, click on the Antivirus module and under the Shield tab click on the Advanced Settings button . The BitDefender Active Virus Control Settings window should be displayed. Please disable it temporarily and look if the same issue occurs.

Thank you.

• Well it sort of worked, I set standby for 1 min, and sitting watching nothing for 10 mins, so I left it and some time later it did go into standby. CPU seems to be <10% all the time.

• I have given up on BitDefender Internet Security 2010. I have now uninstalled it from all PC's. I'm now getting too many problems.

• Philsbd
    edited January 2010
    Options

I am also having this problem with BD2010. My system will not automatically go to Standby mode. My hard drive is constantly accessing files and won't allow the system to "rest". Does anyone have a fix for this?

Any help is appreciated.

• Hello Phils BD2010,

In order to solve this issue please be so kind as to make sure you uninstalled any other security solution you might have on the same computer (any spyware removal, Ad Aware, spybot or another antivirus).

Having more then one security products installed on the same PC can degrade performance and cause system instability. Even if they are turned off, there are some active processes running in the background. We recommend you to uninstall all the other security solutions in order for BitDefender to work properly. We also recommend you to run a registry cleaner on your computer in order to improve the system performance.

If the issue still persists please be so kind as to follow the steps from this link in order to provide us with the reports we need for further investigation.

The reports will be sent directly to our Technical Support Team and you will receive an automatic reply shortly. Please send me a PM with the ticket ID from the Subject of the e-mail so that I may analyze the reports and send you a solution as soon as possible.

Thank you.