Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Install Hangs - "another Application Has Exclusive Access..."

Options

BD app: BitDefender AV 2010 (attempting to install)

Additional security apps: Windows XP firewall, SpyBot Search & Destroy

Hi all,

I just registered here and did a topic search, but failed to find useful info for my particular problem.

I just removed a previous AV install, purchased BitDefender AV 2010, and attempted to install it. The install keeps halting at about 40% or so on the install progress bar. Then a message displays saying "Another application has exclusive access..." (please see my attachment for a screen shot with the complete message).

I understand the basic concept of what this message is saying, but I am at a loss to understand what app is interfering.

Thanks in advance for any and all useful comments/advice.

cheers,

Dave G.

post-30784-1264186810_thumb.jpg

Comments

• Hello Destroyer of Warranties,

Regarding your question, please be informed that having more then one security product installed on the same system will cause incompatibility issues and the normal action of either one of them is not guaranteed.

In time they start scanning each other's files, blocking them and the system will slow down or even crash.

Even if they are turned off, there are some active processes running in the background.

We recommend you to uninstall all the other security solutions in order for BitDefender to work properly.

Thank you.