Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Vista Reports Bitdefender Firewall Active, But I Don't Have It

Options

Hello,

I am running BitDefender Antivirus 2010 (Version 13.0.18) on a Windows Vista Home Premium laptop. I'm trying to get an application (FlipShare TV) working and it appears that there may be a firewall issue. I disabled Windows Firewall but that didn't resolve my issue. I also told Windows Firewall which port the application needs to run on but that didn't help either.

Below is a screenshot of Windows Security Center. It is showing that "BitDefender Firewall reports that it is currently turned on". I wasn't aware that I had BitDefender Firewall since I only purchased BitDefender Antivirus 2010. When I open BitDefender Antivirus 2010 I don't see any indication that a Firewall is running. I also looked in Windows Task Manager but didn't see BitDefender Firewall anywhere.

If BitDefender Firewall is really running on my system I'd like to be able to disable it to see if it resolves my FlipShare TV issue. At the very least I'd like to be able to tell it which port this application needs to run on. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Firewallinfo.jpg

Comments

• Can anyone help with this? Do I need to provide more information? Thanks.

• Hello tonyg,

Regarding your request, for testing purposes, please follow the steps below:

1. Open BitDefender Security Center.

2. Click on 'Settings' and switch to 'Expert Mode'

3. Go to 'Antivirus' tab.

4. Click on 'Advanced Settings' and change the level of the the 'Antivirus Virus Control' feature to 'Permissive' or simply disable it.

5. Test to see if the issue was resolved.

Thank you.

• Hello Aurelian,

Thank you for the info. Using your method I was able to determine that BitDefender is not the reason why my Flip TV application isn't working. I'm in contact with Flip technical support and hope to have my issue resolved soon.

thanks again!

tony