Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

L2tp Over Ipsec Blocked By Firewall

Options

I have a desktop machine running Windows 7 Professional and Bitdefender 2010 Total Security. I am trying to connect to my universities vpn network which uses L2TP over ipsec. I called the universities IT department when I couldn't connect and they told me they have been unable to get a machine with bitdefender firewall to connect, even by opening the correct ports or disabling the firewall completely. I was able to connect that day by changing my network to "Full Trust" and stealth mode to "off". But today, my attempts are failing. I have tried disabling the firewall, antivirus and even privacy control, but nothing. All I get is the window I have attached. Why is this being blocked and how can I get around it?post-30528-1264225818_thumb.png

Comments

• Hello monkeybuttons,

We have sent you some steps you need to take in order to solve this.

Please reply to my e-mail in case the issue persists.

Thank you.

• dams
    Options
    Hello monkeybuttons,

We have sent you some steps you need to take in order to solve this.

Please reply to my e-mail in case the issue persists.

Thank you.

I have a similar problem, with a VPN client, could you please give me some advices about the configuration.

I try to add some rules like ESP protocol and these two UDP port (500 UDP, and 4500 UDP), but my VPN client won't connect. (when I stop the firewall, the client connects perfectly)

Could you please give some steps to configure the firewall?

Faithfully,

• Hello Dams,

First of all please try to change the basic settings from the Firewall module. In order to do this please follow the steps bellow:

- open BitDefender, go to Settings from the top right corner and Switch UI to Expert mode;

- go to the Firewall module -> Network tab

- select the Local/Wireless Area Connection and set the:

• Trust Level to Trusted Local
    • Stealth Mode to Remote
    • Generic to Yes
    - if you are also seeing a VPN adaptor please select it and set the:

• Trust Level to Full Trust
    • Stealth Mode to Off
    • Generic to Yes
    - go to the Zones filed, click on the + sign from the right side and add the public IP address for the VPN device

Please let us know if you managed to connect to your VPN after following the steps above.

Thank you.