Buttons Not Visible

I continue (even after a reinstall) to have the problem with BD2010 that its windows are not completely visible; in particular problematic when having done a scan and then having to take action: the action button(s) are not visible. My screen resolution is 1920 x 1200, so high, but lowering that does not help. BD2009 was completely uninstalled as well. A java issue?

Paul

Comments

• Hello Paul,

Please post a screenshot of the window with problems.

Cris.

• pti
    pti
    edited January 2010

Hi Cris, thanks for looking at this. I have now a quickscan running so it has not ended, perhaps it is not supposed to show buttons while running but still, I already attach a screenshot that show this window (.PNG file). Hope this already helps. Otherwise I will post later a screenshot of a completed scan, where you can then see that the buttons are missing.

Paul

post-5543-1262688364_thumb.png

• Are there problems with other windows in BitDefender? Or it's just the OnDemand scans (Quickscan, Full Scan, etc...)

Cris.

• Are there problems with other windows in BitDefender? Or it's just the OnDemand scans (Quickscan, Full Scan, etc...)

Cris.

It seems to be the scan windows, I attach the result of a deep scan, where you can see that buttons are missing to take action (e.g. I cannot see which is the over-compressed item). I have re-installed BD2010 (after thoroughly cleaning out old versions), so an earlier problem disappeared that I listed in another post (which was that the firewall could not be enabled). But the invisible buttons problem remained.

Paul

post-5543-1262844262_thumb.png

• Paul, please post what operating system you have (name and architecture: 32bits or 64 bits) and the complete build number of BitDefender (right click on BDs tray icon, and click on About).

Also, go to C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010\ENU\ (or wherever you installed BitDefender), copy the file uiscan.ui and paste it somewhere else (in an emtpy folder). Rename that file to uiscan.dll, then right click on it, select Properties, go to the Details tab and post here the File version value.

Cris.

• Paul, please post what operating system you have (name and architecture: 32bits or 64 bits) and the complete build number of BitDefender (right click on BDs tray icon, and click on About).

Also, go to C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010\ENU\ (or wherever you installed BitDefender), copy the file uiscan.ui and paste it somewhere else (in an emtpy folder). Rename that file to uiscan.dll, then right click on it, select Properties, go to the Details tab and post here the File version value.

Cris.

Here it is:

Operating system: Windows Vista 32 bit Service Pack 2

BD: BD Internet Security 2010 - Build: 13.0.18.345

uiscan: File version 13.0.17.19

Paul

• i have the exact same problem !

sorry i didnt see this topic i open one also -> http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=17644)

System specs:

Windows 7 Ultimate x86

BitDefender Antivirus 2010 13.0.18

• Hello James_patageul,

I closed your other topic. Please continue posting here about this matter.

In the other topic you said:

btw all Bitdefender have this extra right white border.

Could you please give a little more details about what you meant?

Cris.

• myn version are

OS

Win7 Ultimate 32Bit UK

BD2010

Version: 13.0.18

Virus Signature: 4837947

Engine: 7.29768

uiscan.ui

File version: 13.0.17.19

Product version : 13.0.17.341

size: 540KB

• ...I closed your other topic. Please continue posting here about this matter.

In the other topic you said:

"btw all Bitdefender have this extra right white border."

Could you please give a little more details about what you meant?

no problem for the other topic :D logical..

i have wrote to quickly the correct sentense was:

"btw all Bitdefender windows have this extra, right white border."

->

qox1r4.gif

• OK, thank you for the screenshot. I will try to contact someone about this matter. I will keep you posted.

Cris.

• Hello all,

We are currently aware of this situation and my colleagues from the Testing team are working on a fix . Until then, we recommend you to follow the steps bellow in order to overcome this issue :

For Windows 7 and Windows Vista :

1. Click on Start from Windows and choose Control Panel .

2. Access the Display option and click on the option "Set custom text size (DPI)" .

3. Set this option to 100% then click on Ok.

For Windows XP :

1. Click on Start from Windows and choose Control Panel .

2. Access the Display option and click on the Settings tab.

3. Click on the Advanced button then under the General tab look after "DPI setting:" and select the the option "Custom settings..." . Make sure that the "Scale to this percentage of normal size" is set to 100% then click on Ok.

Look if the same issue occurs .

Thank you.

• i have just tested.. and yes it's related to the custom text DPI

myn was set on 110% because the native resolution of my laptop screen is too much for the size of it. (1680*1050 for 15 wide) :(

so if i leave in 100% i can't read nothing...

hope you will find quickly a fix for this bug...

• i have just tested.. and yes it's related to the custom text DPI

myn was set on 110% because the native resolution of my laptop screen is too much for the size of it. (1680*1050 for 15 wide) :(

so if i leave in 100% i can't read nothing...

hope you will find quickly a fix for this bug...

Seems to be related to that DPI setting, I had it at 106%. Now at 100% the buttons are visible, but, indeed, I would prefer if you can find a bug fix. Anyway, thanks for the suggestion.

Paul

• Hello pti and James_patageul,

My colleagues from the Testing team managed to reproduce this issue and a fix should be delivered through automatic update as soon as possible.

Unfortunately we do not have an estimated time, but I will add a post to the correspondent topic when this will happen.

Once again please accept our apologizes for any inconveniences this situation might have caused.

Thank you.

• pti
    pti
    edited January 2010

Hi Aurelian and testing team, thanks for having worked on this and awaiting the patch & post.

Paul

• I'm having not quite exactly this same problem. In my case, the window which is not completely showing is the Registry Notification popup... The Allow and Block buttons are not visible. It's as if the bottom of the Notification popup is cut off just above where the buttons should be.

If I hover my cursor over the very bottom of the Notification popup, the information changes so I can tell which of the invisible non-existent buttons I am contemplating clicking. I don't have a screen shot.

Is this a known issue? If yes, when will a fix be released?

Thanks!

BD AV 2010

UIScan.dll File Version 13,0,17,19

About.dll File Version 13,0,14,74

Win XP Pro SP3

Display settings: Normal 96 DPI (Not Custom)

• I suppose this is a common problem in laptops, I am experiencing it too, and I have to delete manually any infected files. I have also noted the same problem in the basic settings window.

Please, provide us with a patch as soon as possible! Thank you in advance!

• I have found another solution for Vista, which doesn't require to reduce the DPI settings.

You must make sure that Windows Aero is enabled in Control Panel --> Personalization --> Windows Color and Appearance

Then in Control Panel --> Personalization --> Adjust font size (DPI), choose Custom DPI Setting and make sure that Use Windows XP style DPI setting is DESELECTED.

This solves the problem, but renders BitDefender and most other programs not especially designed for high DPI somewhat blurry in appearance (a fact we were already warned by Microsoft)

I hope a future BitDefender update will make the program compatible with high DPI settings or Windows XP DPI settings

• I have found another solution for Vista, which doesn't require to reduce the DPI settings.

You must make sure that Windows Aero is enabled in Control Panel --> Personalization --> Windows Color and Appearance

Then in Control Panel --> Personalization --> Adjust font size (DPI), choose Custom DPI Setting and make sure that Use Windows XP style DPI setting is DESELECTED.

This solves the problem, but renders BitDefender and most other programs not especially designed for high DPI somewhat blurry in appearance (a fact we were already warned by Microsoft)

I hope a future BitDefender update will make the program compatible with high DPI settings or Windows XP DPI settings

Yes, I agree with the above fix. Although the "blurrieness" is not that bad and you can still have your dpi at the level you wish, like 106%.

Jeff

• I've installed IS2010 about an hour ago, and I'm experiencing the same problem with windows not showing properly. I have tried the DPI settings tip, but this doesn't help at all. See this link for an example of what Bitdefender looks like on my system. I have WindowsXP with latest SP and fixes. Screen resolution is 1440x900.

Bitdefender is unusable in this manner.

• I've purchased and installed Internet Security 2010 today, and I've noticed several issues. One issue is the program interface windows, I've already posted about that in another thread. Another issue is that Javascript doesn't function properly anymore on my pc. For instance, I cannot open my company webmail anymore because the link that takes me there is a Javascript function. When I click on it, nothing happens. I had to register to this forum from another pc, because the registration page didn't show the captcha image on the pc where I installed IS2010.

• I've installed IS2010 about an hour ago, and I'm experiencing the same problem with windows not showing properly. I have tried the DPI settings tip, but this doesn't help at all. See this link for an example of what Bitdefender looks like on my system. I have WindowsXP with latest SP and fixes. Screen resolution is 1440x900.

Bitdefender is unusable in this manner.

Thats no good. My xp computers with bd2010 are set at the normal 96% dpi. All buttons visible etc. Was your computer set at 96% or a higher dpi,, if not try that 96% setting.

Jeff

• Thats no good. My xp computers with bd2010 are set at the normal 96% dpi. All buttons visible etc. Was your computer set at 96% or a higher dpi,, if not try that 96% setting.

Jeff

Thanks for your reply Jeff. Yes, my display setting was standard 96% dpi. Still is. Changing any of these settings has had no effect on the display of bd2010.

• I've purchased and installed Internet Security 2010 today, and I've noticed several issues. One issue is the program interface windows, I've already posted about that in another thread. Another issue is that Javascript doesn't function properly anymore on my pc. For instance, I cannot open my company webmail anymore because the link that takes me there is a Javascript function. When I click on it, nothing happens. I had to register to this forum from another pc, because the registration page didn't show the captcha image on the pc where I installed IS2010.

Fixed. Please see my reply to this thread for the solution.

• I have been able to fix my problems with the interface not displaying correctly. The problem was a corruption in one or more DLL's that are used in conjuction with Javascript. I'm assuming that the interface used some of these same DLL's as well.

I have attached a textfile with a listing of all the DLL's to unregister and re-register. Perhaps someone else can benefit from this like I did.

/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=6035" data-fileid="6035" rel="">re_register_IE_dlls.txt

• I have been able to fix my problems with the interface not displaying correctly. The problem was a corruption in one or more DLL's that are used in conjuction with Javascript. I'm assuming that the interface used some of these same DLL's as well.

I have attached a textfile with a listing of all the DLL's to unregister and re-register. Perhaps someone else can benefit from this like I did.

I tried the DPI setting and followed the above dll unreg/reg fix and neither solve the issue. I uninstalled Windows Explorer 8, which I had recently installed, and that fixed the issue.

• I recently had to increase my dpi and noticed that the missing button problem still exists after a year. Has a fix been found for this?

Jeff

• The BD 2010 line of products have been replaced with the 2011 product family. You can upgrade for FREE as long as your hardware meets the minimum system requirements. You can read all the details in this pinned topic.

The BD developers are actively maintaining the 2011 line pf products.

Regards,