Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Pc* Files In The Root Drive

Options

Hi, I've noticed these four files in C:\

C:\>DIR C:\ /A-D-H

Directory of C:\

26/01/2010 19:39 0 pcconf.ini

26/01/2010 19:39 0 pcwords.dat

26/01/2010 19:39 0 pcwords2.dat

26/01/2010 19:39 0 pc_sign.slf

4 File(s) 0 bytes

As I like to keep my disk clean at all times, I wanted to know where these files come from, and with some investigation discovered they were created by BitDefender Anti-Virus 2010.

I looked on the forums and in another topic it was stated that these files are part of BitDefender Parental Controls. Since I do not have Parental Controls, (and Privacy Control is disabled, and I can't see anything else with initials PC), surely BitDefender has no need to create these files at all?

Also, if it did need to create these files it would be a good idea to name them so that you can tell they are connected with BitDefender. By putting them in a common directory such as C:\ and giving them such generic filenames, you risk clashing with other software that may produce files with the same names. Also it's just bad etiquette to create files in C:\ without providing a clue as to where they are from.

Comments

• Hello Klitos,

Regarding your question, indeed those files are part of the BitDefender Parental Control module, the files are signatures for that module.

Normally, they should not be in that location, but in the C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010\as2core folder.

Please delete those files and let us know if the files reappear in the same location.

Thank you.