Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[Duplicate] Bitdefender Is 2010 No Response Vsserv.exe Are Not Available At This Moment?

Options

I was BitDefender Suporter. And its Always!

Untill i got my BitDefender IS 2010, During Trial period it works well or the problem still havent occur, but after i activated using 3PCs Protection Original Keys. This Error Occur :

"Bitdefender are not response (vsserve.exe) are not available at this moment." (Few minutes occur around 15min from rebooted time)

At first i able to solve this problem by restarting PC. After then, no matter how i restart, shutdown or watever way to reboot PC it wont work anymore.

I cant endure it anymore, my PC are not protection at all. What if my Important data been infected by VIRUS during the Bitdefender Activation Period, Are BITDEFENDER GOING TO RESPONSIBLE IT!?

I believe that theres alot of Bitdefender supporter facing the same problem like me. I had read some similar post at this forum too. What i got is nothing all about complaint(Customer), and APOLOGIZE(ADMIN?MoneyLeecher?NoOne but named admin/Tech Support only?Cheater?) Come on i can be one of u, work for APOLOGIZE but nothing else.

As customer. We trust BitDefender , and BitDefender GIVING US THIS KIND OF SERVICE? How many days are need to overcome this ISSUE? I really worry my important files got infected!

Anyways, i hope technical support, coder, admin or watever work for this, REPAIR THIS ASAP.

*******OR I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!*********

Comments

• Hello,

Regarding your complaint, we have checked our data base, but we did not find any e-mail, phone call or chat session from you.

As for your issue, we suspect that your previous BitDefender version was not removed completely and therefore has caused these conflicts.

That's why we sent you some tools you need to run in order to provide us with more details on your case.

Please reply to our e-mail.

Thank you.

• mcgroganj
    edited February 2010
    Options

I have contacted bit defender regarding the vsserv.exe not responding issue.I have only been waiting for a reply. I heard that bit defender was fantastic but since i installed it i have had nothing but problems with it that is now two computer down with the same issue.

BitDefender support team get a fix out soon

• Hi

I have a temporary fix.

Step 1

Restart your computer into safe mode

if you dont know how to access safe mode this is a link

Safe Mode

Step 2

Log on as the administrator

Step 3

Windows xp

click on run and type services.msc

Vista

type run and click on the link then type services.msc

Step 4

Right Click on BitDefender Arrakis Server and select Properties

Step 5

Click on recovery and change the following settings

First Failure = Restart the Service

Second Failure = Restart the Service

Subsequent Failures = Restart the Service

Reset fail count after 0 days

Restart Service after 1 min

Check the box Enable actions for stops with errors

Step 6

Repeat step 5 for

BitDefender Desktop Update Service

BitDefender Threat Scanner

BitDefender Virus Scanner

Step 7

Restart the computer

This should solve the problem temporarily until bitdefender find a solution.

• Repeat step 5 for

BitDefender Desktop Update Service

BitDefender Threat Scanner

BitDefender Virus Scanner

I posted that same solution few days ago, but myself I would NOT repeat the scanner operations automatically as they are, and should be, manually controlled. I think that could case problems if you are trying manually to stop the scanning for some reason. Same goes for updates.

It is working for me perfectly just by setting it for Bitdefender Virus Shield.

• gila
    Options

Dear Bitdefender and friends!

If you or anyone has a fix for the vsserv.exe problem please, please, please email me immediately. My machine is frozen and I have to get work done!

Help!!!!!

Gila

• Same problem here. Strange thing is that in the trailversion I did not experienced any malfunctions or crashes of the VSSERV.exe.

I now purchased IS 2010 a week ago and I have nothing but trouble and on 2 computers. A 64bit windows7 notebook and a 32bit windows XP desktop. Also is internet noticably slower that in the trailversion.

What i've tried to do:

- uninstall,

- uninstall and all new settings such as autolearn,

- install of 4 different machines (no changes, still the hangups)

- savemode and the 6steps as displayed in this topic,

no changes!

post-31945-1268215713_thumb.png

• I already tried this and it didn't work ether...services still not starting in Win7 on bootup. I still have to start BD services manually... start/run/services.msc/ BitDefender Desktop Update Service (right mouse 'Start') and BitDefender Virus Shield (VSSERV) (right mouse 'Start') every time I start my computer. The services start right up, but only when started manually.

Looks like there's 5-6 threads on this problem with different names... Example: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...6544&st=160 and http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...amp;#entry78468

No response from BD Central on this problem as yet.

• I also have the same problem. I tried the changes to the services, but this has made no difference. Any other ideas?

• Hello all,

Please be so kind as to follow the steps from this post and send me a PM with the ticket id if the issue persists.

Also, since there is a bigger topic regarding the same issue, Bitdefender Services Are Not Responding. Please Restart... we will close this one with the status: Duplicate.

Thank you for your understanding.

This discussion has been closed.