Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Yahoo Messenger + Bdis 2010 Causes Crash

Options

Downloaded trial version (before buying) of BDIS 2010 and installed on my Windows 7 at home.

After installation i've got major problems with Yahoo Messenger (Version 9 and 10).

Every time i receive a message or click a contact to send a message Y.M closes immediately!

I uninstalled BDIS and it works again, i Re-installed BDIS and got same problem.

To verify what's causing the problem i tried the same at work today, this time on a Windows XP machine (SP3).

Installed BDIS and i get exactly the same symptom using Y.M 10. As soon as i uninstall BDIS it works again.

Can't be a coinsident.. anyone have solution for this? Fix coming in upgrade?

Or shall i look towards another Security Suite?

Comments

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello sjoroos,

With the current version of Yahoo Messenger (9.0.0.2162) you should not have any issues while you have BitDefender installed. The sittuation that you described, is currently reproducing if you have Yahoo Messenger 10 Beta installed . We are aware of this issue and a fix will be released in our next major update.

Thank you.

• I apologize and confirm that your statement is correct :)

I mixed the versions of Yahoo 9 and 10 and when i tried again i wasn't able to

reproduce the problems with Yahoo 9.

So it's back to the old version while waiting for a fix...

(J.F.Y.I) - The systems that causes error was: Windows 7 or XP + BDIS 2010 + Yahoo 10 BETA.

Thx for the quick reply by the way..

/Peter

Hello sjoroos,

With the current version of Yahoo Messenger (9.0.0.2162) you should not have any issues while you have BitDefender installed. The sittuation that you described, is currently reproducing if you have Yahoo Messenger 10 Beta installed . We are aware of this issue and a fix will be released in our next major update.

Thank you.

• Now Yahoo Messenger 10 Final is out, so i immediately downloaded it for further tests.

I can confirm that the incompability with Y.M 10 crashing with BDIS 2010 still exists..

When is that next 'major' update you are talking about?

Used by millions i hope it has pretty high priority with you (Windows Live seem to have similar problems).

• This is what i tried:

Complete Uninstall of Y.M.9, including local files and folders.

Cleaned out all Firewall rules in BDIS for Yahoo Messenger.

Run update of BDIS to make sure i have all latest versions of files.

Installed Y.M 10

Started it and as soon as i try to send IM or someone IM me the Y.M crashed directly

and without any error messages.

Same thing is replicatable with BDIS 2010 + Y.M 10 FINAL + Windows 7 as well

(now running tests on Windows XP SP3)

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello all,

This sittuation have been fixed today through automatic update. Please let us know if the same issue occurs after you update your BitDefender.

Thank you.

• MAJOR application (Yahoo Messenger).... not even a comment so far :)

Really think it's better to start looking for alternative suites...

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello sjoroos,

I guess we have submitted our posts in the same time :) . This sittuation have been fixed. Please check my last post.

Thank you.

• NOW it works :)

Can confirm after testing on both Windows 7 and XP with BDIS 2010 (engine 7.29093) and Yahoo Messenger 10.0.0.1102.us.

Thx for the reply, now i actually might consider this suite as an alternative again....

• makurei
    edited January 2010
    Options

Installed YM 10 (10.0.0.1102-us) and BDTS 2010 (Engine version 7.30114)

Still YM 10 crashes like crap whenever someone send me an IM.

Updated but still had the same problem. I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate (7600)

• Hello makurei,

Since we did not receive any other reply on this issue in the last months, it may be an internal error from your system.

Therefore, please be so kind as to follow the steps from this link in order to provide us with the reports we need for further investigation.

The reports will be sent directly to our Technical Support Team and you will receive an automatic reply shortly. Please send me a PM with the ticket ID from the Subject of the e-mail so that I may analyze the reports and send you a solution as soon as possible.

Thank you.