Bsod With Bdselfpr.sys

For the last maybe 10 days I am getting a blue screen of death 2 to 3X a day. I uninstalled bitdefender and the problem went away. I reinstalled and it came back.

The basic text is DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, STOP: 0X000000D1 error bdselfpr.sys

Not sure why this is happening all of a sudden. Things were fine 3 weeks ago.

Any help would be appreciated.

Colin

Comments

• Hello cgb,

If you still have BitDefender installed, please follow the steps from the next post and send me a PM with the download link of the report.

Also, we need to analyze the dump files that were created after the crash. Please browse to the next location: C:\WINDOWS\, copy the Minidump folder on your desktop, archive it and upload the resulting archive on http://www.sendspace.com/ . After that, please reply with the download link .

Thank you.

• Sm3K3R
    Sm3K3R ✭✭✭

Got one PC BSOD with Bdselfpr.sys cullprit,few minutes ago after some big update (2,4megs) ,right at startup ,when the desktop was loading .At the first restart BSOD-ed after the update ,then it loaded normally.So at the second restart after the update everything behaved normally .It happened only once ,but I find it abnormal.

Sandboxie seems to be involved again.Minidump here : http://www.sendspace.com/file/bpaytg

Along with BD 2010 AV there were installed Outpost Firewall Pro ,Sandboxie and Safespace (as workaround for the sanboxie BSOD issue).

After the update i restarted manually .I did not let BD to restart automatically the PC after the update.

FAULTING_MODULE: 804d7000 nt

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 4af9753c

READ_ADDRESS: 00000008

CURRENT_IRQL: 2

FAULTING_IP:

bdselfpr+64b6

aeea14b6 ff7608 push dword ptr [esi+8]

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0xD1

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from aeea006e to aeea14b6

STACK_TEXT:

WARNING: Stack unwind information not available. Following frames may be wrong.

ae68da84 aeea006e 886d7008 e10874a0 88f402e8 bdselfpr+0x64b6

ae68daa4 80604b6b 00000484 00000c00 00000394 bdselfpr+0x506e

ae68dbe8 80586d23 0012bfbc 001f03ff 00000000 nt+0x12db6b

ae68dc60 af443548 0012bfbc 001f03ff 00000000 nt+0xafd23

ae68dd3c 804dd99f 0012bfbc 001f03ff 00000000 SandBox+0x18548

ae68dd64 7c90e514 badb0d00 0012bbf4 00000000 nt+0x699f

ae68dd68 badb0d00 0012bbf4 00000000 00000000 0x7c90e514

ae68dd6c 0012bbf4 00000000 00000000 00000000 0xbadb0d00

ae68dd70 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 0x12bbf4

STACK_COMMAND: kb

FOLLOWUP_IP:

bdselfpr+64b6

aeea14b6 ff7608 push dword ptr [esi+8]

SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX: 0

SYMBOL_NAME: bdselfpr+64b6

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: bdselfpr

IMAGE_NAME: bdselfpr.sys

BUCKET_ID: WRONG_SYMBOLS

Followup: MachineOwner

• Hello Sm3K3R,

Thank you for the dump file. Please go to the next location C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010, look after "bdselfpr.sys" and tell us the size and version of this file. Also, please tell us if you encountered any other blue screen errors .

Thank you.

• Sm3K3R
    Sm3K3R ✭✭✭

Hi,

This is the picture with the file version post-10335-1258123666_thumb.jpg.File seems to have been modified last night ,at the update moment though.No bluescreens untill now and i hope it will stay like this.

One more question ,kind of off-topic.

I have a BD 2009 AV license on my old PC.On the same old PC ,i ve tryed/trialed BD 2010 AV some weeks ago ,but it didnt work well.

Now i want to move that BD 2009 license ,from the old PC to the new one ,where i m trialing BD 2010 AV (and BSOD-ing :D ) ,and upgrade it to BD 2010.So the old PC will stop using BD software.

Can i do that (move and upgrade) or the licence is linked to the old PC hardware ?

Thanks and regards !

• Hello Sm3K3R,

Thank you for the screen-shot. As long as you don't use BitDefender on your old computer, you can use the license key to register the product on the new one without any problems.

Thank you.

• Sm3K3R
    Sm3K3R ✭✭✭

OK ,thank you !

• Hello,

I am still getting BSOD with BDSELFPR.SYS, as I indicated in an email to "support" on Sunday. This is happening several times a day, to the point I have abandoned this OS install, and am working on an old build.

I am using this system today and BD has updated this morning and the version of BDSELFPR.SYS is the still 1.14.1.16 and has not changed since Nov 12.

BD is supposed to be protecting my system not destroying it and while the initial response was good, it is now 2 complete business days and I have no feed back or updates from BD to resolve this problem

Please let me know the status of this problem. Please let me know if you need more information.

Regards

Colin

• Hello cgb,

We have found a fix for this issue, but we need to do a little more testing until we will release it through automatic update . We will keep you posted as soon as we will release this update .

Thank you.

• Hello cgb,

We have found a fix for this issue, but we need to do a little more testing until we will release it through automatic update . We will keep you posted as soon as we will release this update .

Thank you.

I've got the same issue. Systematic blue screen on startup. Driver causing problem is Bdselfpr.sys. Crash occurs since last update (cfr file explorer).

Minidump + BDFileInfo.log, etc uploaded in info.zip file --> http://www.sendspace.com/file/xbr3hw

Note:

1) I was not able to contact your support via email because each time I receive "Your security code did not match the image one. Please try again. Thank you" even if I typed correct captcha

2) automatic update? My pc only start in Safe Mode and no update are available because in this mode I can not start BitDefender...

• Hello ova,

If "Bdselfpr.sys" is causing the blue screen crashes that you have, please go to the next location : C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010 and rename this file in "Bdselfpr.s_" . This file will be replaced after the next BitDefender update and that is why you will have to follow the steps bellow so that your BitDefender to update only the virus signatures :

1. Open BitDefender in Expert Mode and click on the Update module. Click on the tab called Settings.

2. Under "Confirm update" click on the option called "Prompt before downloading updates " and under "Manual Update Settings " click on the same option "Prompt before downloading updates " .

3. After you do this, click on the button called Apply . Now, whenever you will update you will have to choose only the Signatures updates and then click on Ok.

Thank you.

• Alex,

Can I disable Bdselfpr.sys by renaming it Bdselfpr.s__ , removing the BSOD problem until you can get a good fix?

Colin

Hello ova,

If "Bdselfpr.sys" is causing the blue screen crashes that you have, please go to the next location : C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010 and rename this file in "Bdselfpr.s_" . This file will be replaced after the next BitDefender update and that is why you will have to follow the steps bellow so that your BitDefender to update only the virus signatures :

1. Open BitDefender in Expert Mode and click on the Update module. Click on the tab called Settings.

2. Under "Confirm update" click on the option called "Prompt before downloading updates " and under "Manual Update Settings " click on the same option "Prompt before downloading updates " .

3. After you do this, click on the button called Apply . Now, whenever you will update you will have to choose only the Signatures updates and then click on Ok.

Thank you.

• Alex Stanciu
    Alex Stanciu ✭✭
    edited November 2009

Hello cgb,

Renaming Bdselfpr.sys will disable this driver and you should not encounter any Blue Screen error messages . I forgot to mention in my last post, another method that will stop this driver and it will not imply renaming it . Here is what you have to do :

1. Start your computer in Safe Mode :

- restart the computer;

- repeatedly press the "F8" key several times before Microsoft Windows begins

to load (you need to press "F8" until you will be displayed a text menu);

- select "SAFE MODE" in the text menu and press "Enter".

- wait while Windows loads in Safe Mode; this process ends with a confirmation

message; click "Yes" to acknowledge.

2. Click on Start from Windows, choose Run, type regedit then click on Ok . Here go to the next location : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\ .

3. Click on the registry entry called "Bdselfpr" and from the right, double click on the Start registry entry . Here change the value to 4 then click on Ok.

Reboot your computer normally and this driver will be stopped.

As soon as we release the fix through automatic update, I will add a post here.

Thank you.

• Alex,

Can I get an update please?

###

• Hello there,

When can we expect an updated version of the faulty driver?

Almost 2 weeks waiting for it....

Thanks

• java ******:add_smilie("<_<","smid_12")

It is now 2 business days and 4 calendar days since I asked for an update.

The problem was originally posted on the 11th of Nov. It is now the 30th. That's the best part of 3 weeks.

The issue has not been handled very well from the start. We were not informed until the 19th of that we could disable the offending portion of the software. Even though getting continual BSOD is not exactly conductive to productivity and the long term health of the OS.

I can tell you that right now I could not recommend this product except to people I do not like.

We could start improving things right away by keeping us informed.

Please let us know when this will be fixed.

• Now 1 week since any update from Bitdefender on resolution. Will they every fix this problem? Basically we have be told by Alex on Nov 19th that we should shut off program updates till they have it fixed in order to stop the BSOD issue.

Having done that, I have not take a program update now in 16 days. Are these program updates not important?. Every time I come to this sight to look for an update I see at least 1 or 2 people other then myself looking at it, so it must be affecting a fair number of people.

So the question is again, what is the status please? I don't think it is too much to ask for a status. BD has sold us software to protect our machines, I think they should keep us informed about how issues are being handled.

Colin

java ******:add_smilie("<_<","smid_12")

It is now 2 business days and 4 calendar days since I asked for an update.

The problem was originally posted on the 11th of Nov. It is now the 30th. That's the best part of 3 weeks.

The issue has not been handled very well from the start. We were not informed until the 19th of that we could disable the offending portion of the software. Even though getting continual BSOD is not exactly conductive to productivity and the long term health of the OS.

I can tell you that right now I could not recommend this product except to people I do not like.

We could start improving things right away by keeping us informed.

Please let us know when this will be fixed.

• Hello ,

I am french . Much people here have this same trouble with bdselfpr.sys since 3 weeks . And there is no issue , no solution today 6/12/2009 !!! buy an another anti-virus ?

Now 1 week since any update from Bitdefender on resolution. Will they every fix this problem? Basically we have be told by Alex on Nov 19th that we should shut off program updates till they have it fixed in order to stop the BSOD issue.

Having done that, I have not take a program update now in 16 days. Are these program updates not important?. Every time I come to this sight to look for an update I see at least 1 or 2 people other then myself looking at it, so it must be affecting a fair number of people.

So the question is again, what is the status please? I don't think it is too much to ask for a status. BD has sold us software to protect our machines, I think they should keep us informed about how issues are being handled.

Colin

• Hi all,

same problem with BD 2010. I have to uninstall it because the tips that Alex Stanciu gives (on november the 19th) doesn't work in my case.

We really expect a solution to this problem.

thanks in advance for your help.

Bruno

• Hello bsz91,

If none of the steps described in my posts worked, we may think that in your case, this sittuation is caused by another file. Please browse to the next location from your system: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump and reply to our email with all the files that you will find there .

We are looking forward to your reply.

Thank you.

• Hi and greetings from Germany,

since the yesterday update of Bitdefender i have the same problem with the bdselfpr.sys-driver: Bluescreen of Death!

With your tip here (renaming the driver) i can start my PC without any problems.

For your information: The version of bdselpr.sy is 1.14.1.17 with a change date of 2009/12/15 17:04:48.

Bye

ScottyScott

• Hi and greetings from Germany,

since the yesterday update of Bitdefender i have the same problem with the bdselfpr.sys-driver: Bluescreen of Death!

With your tip here (renaming the driver) i can start my PC without any problems.

For your information: The version of bdselpr.sy is 1.14.1.17 with a change date of 2009/12/15 17:04:48.

Bye

ScottyScott

Hi ScottyScot,

Can you upload minidump file generated at Bluescreen (you cand find it in C:\Windows\Minidump\) to www.sendspace.com and post here the download link?

If you have the full dump C:\Windows\Memory.dmp, please zip it and upload.

Thanks!

• See... now I am getting a bit ticked off. The support from BitDefender has been crap and at best disrepectful, and rather incompetent.

Alex told us well over a month ago that we should turn off our updates. Just for your information, that means that many of us have not taken an update for over 1 month. That means we are not getting the protection we paid for because we can not take your updates because your program will destroy our machines.

Now I asked Alex to get back to me with an update, and clearly there has been an update because someone is complaining about version 17 of the file. HOW COME ALEX OR SOMEONE ELSE DID NOT GET BACK TO US TO TELL US ABOUT A NEW VERSION AND TO TAKE THIS UPDATE.

IS ANYONE AT BITDEFENDER AWAKE? NOW 7 WEEKS SINCE THIS BECAME AN ISSUE. STILL NO FIX. NO COMMUNICATION NOTHING. IS THE COMPANY OWNED BY MICROSOFT.

I NOW WANT A FULL REFUND. HOW DO I GO ABOUT GETTING THAT?

Hi ScottyScot,

Can you upload minidump file generated at Bluescreen (you cand find it in C:\Windows\Minidump\) to www.sendspace.com and post here the download link?

If you have the full dump C:\Windows\Memory.dmp, please zip it and upload.

Thanks!

• You don't. They don't care. Honestly I waited over a month for this fix. My pc kept crashing with ntoskrnl.exe errors but the process was alwasy either livesrv.exe or vsserv or bdselfpr.sys. 4 days ago I finally uninstalled BD 2010 and installed a free antivirus program. Guess what. No crashes since. Not one.

Hasta - la - vista BD and your crappy product and terrrible customer service.

• Physt which one did you install?

You don't. They don't care. Honestly I waited over a month for this fix. My pc kept crashing with ntoskrnl.exe errors but the process was alwasy either livesrv.exe or vsserv or bdselfpr.sys. 4 days ago I finally uninstalled BD 2010 and installed a free antivirus program. Guess what. No crashes since. Not one.

Hasta - la - vista BD and your crappy product and terrrible customer service.

• Hello cgb and Physt ,

@cgb: We are sorry for the late reply to this thread. We did not come up with a resolution until the last major update, because the file that was causing this issue is a very important BitDefender component and it had to be tested properly before its release. Also we had to be sure that the new version of the file will work properly on the systems where this issue occurred after the update was available.

In our first posts we had 2 temporary resolutions for this issue:

1. Stopping the BitDefender product updates and renaming the "bdselfpr.sys" file.

2. Changing the "Start" value of the "bdselfpr.sys" from its registry location, from 3 to 4 .

In order to undo the changes for the first workaround, you will need to enable the BitDefender Silent Update option and then update BitDefender. Open BitDefender in Expert Mode, click on the Update module then on the Settings tab. Under "Confirm Update" and "Manual Update Settings" choose "Silent update" then click on Apply. After that click on the Update tab, hit the Update Now button then reboot your system when you will be asked.

For the second workaround you will need to follow the same steps as in the next post , and change the Start value to 3 . After that, reboot your computer normally and update BitDefender .

@Physt: Please let us know when did you encounter the last blue screen error . Also please browse to the next location from your system C:\WINDOWS\Minidump, archive all the files that you will find there, upload the resulting archive on http://www.sendspace.com/ then post here the download link .

Thank you .

• Finally some response, only problem is that the problem is not fixed. Still getting blue screen of death. The version of BDSELFPR.SYS is the still 1.14.1.17. This was the version blowing up on 12/15.

Bitdefender seems to be crap, or at least the development team seems a little under skilled. This has now been going on for 2 months. Thats 8 weeks Alex. If I provided that kind of service, I am pretty sure I would be unemployed. I am sure that people are looking at this thread on a regular basis. Because every system I have installed this on is blowing up on the same error. You can bet I am sorry that I bought so many licenses for so long....

No where is that norton store??

Hello cgb and Physt ,

@cgb: We are sorry for the late reply to this thread. We did not come up with a resolution until the last major update, because the file that was causing this issue is a very important BitDefender component and it had to be tested properly before its release. Also we had to be sure that the new version of the file will work properly on the systems where this issue occurred after the update was available.

In our first posts we had 2 temporary resolutions for this issue:

1. Stopping the BitDefender product updates and renaming the "bdselfpr.sys" file.

2. Changing the "Start" value of the "bdselfpr.sys" from its registry location, from 3 to 4 .

In order to undo the changes for the first workaround, you will need to enable the BitDefender Silent Update option and then update BitDefender. Open BitDefender in Expert Mode, click on the Update module then on the Settings tab. Under "Confirm Update" and "Manual Update Settings" choose "Silent update" then click on Apply. After that click on the Update tab, hit the Update Now button then reboot your system when you will be asked.

For the second workaround you will need to follow the same steps as in the next post , and change the Start value to 3 . After that, reboot your computer normally and update BitDefender .

@Physt: Please let us know when did you encounter the last blue screen error . Also please browse to the next location from your system C:\WINDOWS\Minidump, archive all the files that you will find there, upload the resulting archive on http://www.sendspace.com/ then post here the download link .

Thank you .

• Any new developments with regards to this issue, because I still am experiencing stops while bdselfpr.sys is set to start.

I have no idea what this file's purpose is, but I can't help to feel naked with it not running.

Please tech team. Is it not a virus perhaps?

Keep us informed

• The Jan 28 update that was supposed to fix this issue made no difference for me. Still BSODed on bdselfpr.sys version 1.14.1.20 when launching MSNMessenger just like before. Minidump uploaded to http://www.sendspace.com/file/j64nkj.

• To all concerned: I recently had the BSOD problem after installing Internet Security 2010 latest version. The problem was with the bdselfpr.sys file which caused the "Blue Screen". After reading several forums on the problem it look as if Bitdefender tech support did not have a solution. I then started looking into the problem in safe mode and noticed that searching the registry there were several keys that had an incorrect path to the bdselfpr.sys file. I corrected the path line with the correct and restarted the system normally, boot was fine, NO BSOD and the update and scan ran as normal.

Thanks tech support for your little help in solving this problem. I hope this helps someone else.

REP

• Hi,

Experiencing exactly the same problems as described by everyone else.

Yesterday 15th February, I installed the trial version of Bitdefender Internet Security 2010 and upon reboot after reboot received BSODs

All refering to bdselfpr.sys as described by other users. Version of bdselfpr.sys is 1.14.1.20.

By renaming bdselfpr.sys I am able to get the system up and running, however updating downloads the same version.

Minidumps;

http://www.sendspace.com/file/gkn5qd

I have an unanswered problem ticket in support.

The timely resolution of this matter is appreciated.

• Unknown
    edited February 2010

Hello all,

Regarding your issue, please follow the steps below:

1. First of all please access this link in order to download these files on your computer;

2. Second, please use the next steps for entering in SAFE MODE:

[How to restart in SAFE MODE

- Restart the computer;

- Press the F8 key several times before Microsoft Windows begins to load;

you need to press F8 until you will be displayed a text menu;

- Select SAFE MODE in the text menu and press Enter;

- Wait while Windows loads in Safe Mode; this process ends with a

confirmation message; click OK to acknowledge;

3. Extract the the archive and run the file;

4. Reboot the system in normal mode and check if the issue appears again.

Thank you.

• Hi Carmen,

Thank you for the prompt response.

As a habit, I examined the contents of the fix and found an explicit entry referring to Path_TotalSecurity

Is this consistent across all Bitdefender products? I have BD Internet Security 2010 Installed, will that make a difference to the fix?

Hello all,

1. First of all please access this link in order to download these files on your computer;

- Restart the computer;

Thank you.

• Carmen,

I downloaded and installed the file contained at http://www.sendspace.com/file/jv2ue9 as requested.

To clarify, the archive was actually a .reg file to be applied?

Results;

BSOD still continue, strangely it seems to be at every reboot. That means after I reboot I will get a BSOD, the machine will reboot and then be seemingly stable again.

As part of the new fix, Windows is no longer producing any Minidump files for me to offer.

Notes;

Path_Backup and Path_OnlineBackup introduced in the .reg file are non-existant in the directory structure.

What is next?

Hello all,

- Restart the computer;

Thank you.

• Another day has passed by and nothing?

I am being as cooperative as possible with BD. BSOD's are happening a few times a day, generally at system startup but I have also experienced it at some random time later on.

I would really appreciate some acknowledgement that someone has seen these posts and are working on something.

As mentioned yesterday, after applying the regfix bdselfpr.sys BSOD is no longer producing minidumps.

Carmen,

I downloaded and installed the file contained at http://www.sendspace.com/file/jv2ue9 as requested.

To clarify, the archive was actually a .reg file to be applied?

Results;

BSOD still continue, strangely it seems to be at every reboot. That means after I reboot I will get a BSOD, the machine will reboot and then be seemingly stable again.

As part of the new fix, Windows is no longer producing any Minidump files for me to offer.

Notes;

Path_Backup and Path_OnlineBackup introduced in the .reg file are non-existant in the directory structure.

What is next?

• MetalD00d
    edited March 2010

You know what guys at Bitdefender, forget the whole thing. I've decided to not go ahead and purchase, nor recommend your product.

Information security consists of Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability.

Your product delivers neither Integrity nor Availability as I can not depend on my computers while your products are installed and BSOD's on Windows XP is unacceptable, especially so if you guys are seemingly unwilling to support those with problems. That's a monumental FAIL!

Thanks for wasting my time!

The sad thing is that your product seems to work great on other, newer platforms but it seems to the detriment of other, more popular platforms.

La revedere şi bitdefender bun Calatorie sprancenata

Another day has passed by and nothing?

I am being as cooperative as possible with BD. BSOD's are happening a few times a day, generally at system startup but I have also experienced it at some random time later on.

I would really appreciate some acknowledgement that someone has seen these posts and are working on something.

As mentioned yesterday, after applying the regfix bdselfpr.sys BSOD is no longer producing minidumps.

• enisssss
    edited February 2010

:(:(

I have received bdselfpr.sys error with blue screen error several times. I uninstall and reinstall bitdefender but it came again. I think BitDefender support team not working well, because I follow this topic since this error I first time saw at my netbook, till now there is no solution yet. Few months passed but no solution.

I have been using bitdefender product since 2006. But if I couln't find any solution with this error I won't use BitDefender product anymore.

I hope someone solve this problem...

Enisssss

• Unknown
    edited March 2010

Hello enisssss,

We are very sorry for the late response and also for the inconvenience created.

We kindly ask you to follow the steps below and let us know if the issue persists:

1. Please download this file and extract it;

2. Reboot your computer in SAFE MODE;

3. Run the bdselfpr_Av.reg if you have BitDefender Antivirus or bdselfpr_IS.reg if you are using BitDefender Internet Security.

Thank you.

• !!!!!!!

Downloaded the registry keys, booted into safe mode. Loaded the registry keys. Changed BDSELFPR.SYS start value back to 3. Restarted into normal mode. Ran fine, untill I shut down and restarted.

Odd that it ran on 1st startup after changes and now back to square one.

I generated a bootlog with process monitor.

If it would help tech support, let me know and I'll upload it.

• Hello Carmen Cernev,

A few minutes ago I've done your "bdselfpr_IS" solution.

I am using BitDefender Internet Security 2010 on expert mode with my netbook(LGX130),

My Antivirus Protection Level Agressive,

Under virus scan tab all scan modes (system tasks, user defined tasks, misc tasks are agressive).

I hope I won't see the blue screen error after I applied your solution.

If I see the bdselfpr.sys error again I will inform you.

thank you...

• enisssss
    edited March 2010
    Hello enisssss,

We kindly ask you to follow the steps below and let us know if the issue persists:

3. Run the bdselfpr_Av.reg if you have BitDefender Antivirus or bdselfpr_IS.reg if you are using BitDefender Internet Security.

Thank you.

:(:(:(:(

After I have done your solution I saw 3 times Blue Screen Error (Bdselfpr.sys) till this message.

I am also use the same bitdefender product (2010 internet security) on my desktop but I didn't see that error at my desktop, it is so interesting for me.

But I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHERE IS THE REAL SOLUTION FOR BDSELFPR.SYS, I am so angry for this problem, believe me I am boring that.

Yes, BitDefender support team "where is your solution, I couldn't see your solution"

:(:(:(:(

• :(:(:(I AM STILL SEEING BDSELFPR.SYS ERROR AND I AM ABSOLUTELY BORED BITDEFENDER SUPPORT TEAM FOR THEIR LACKING OF INTEREST :(:(:(

• :(:(:(I AM STILL SEEING BDSELFPR.SYS ERROR AND I AM ABSOLUTELY BORED BITDEFENDER SUPPORT TEAM FOR THEIR LACKING OF INTEREST :(:(:(

this

• mb1688
    edited March 2010
    Hello enisssss,

Thank you.

Carmen,

I was skeptical about a registry key pointing to nonexistent files solving this issue, but I gave it a try anyway. And my machine keeps on bluescreening.

The new minidump can be found http://www.sendspace.com/file/1zrtm4. Feel free to contact me directly by PM if there's anything I can help you with.

I understand that blue screen issues are hard to track down, fix and test, but, frankly, this is getting ridiculous. It's been 5 months and this thread is getting ignored most of the time and the best you can come up with in all this time is a registry key?! Between this and the erratic behavior of vsserv.exe on XP and a host of other smaller issues, I don't think I will be renewing my license when the current one runs out.

• Hello all,

The issue that you have reported has been acknowledged by our team. The fix will be released as soon as possible. It will be done by means of automatic update and won't require any additional action from your part.

We are very sorry for any inconvenience that we may have created and we rest at your disposal for further information.

Thank you for your support and patience.

• Hello Carmen,

I spoke with BitDefender and they said "use uninstall tool and reinstall and it will be ok", but it didn't.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the program BUT it happened again 5 times since reinstall :(:(:(

this problem couldn't solve by SUPPORT TEAM, they failed about first message about Bdselfpr.sys error (since Nov 11 2009)

Please solve it IMMEDIATELY

Enisssss

Hello all,

The issue that you have reported has been acknowledged by our team. The fix will be released as soon as possible. It will be done by means of automatic update and won't require any additional action from your part.

We are very sorry for any inconvenience that we may have created and we rest at your disposal for further information.

Thank you for your support and patience.

• Will you atleast let us know when the issue has been 'resolved' via auto-update. So we can change the bdselfpr.sys start registry key value back to 3.

• Unknown
    edited April 2010

Hello all,

A new major update was released, Build 13.0.20, that has solved this issue. Please be so kind as to update BitDefender and let us know if the situation persists.

Thank you for your understanding.

• I checked that i have version 13.0.20 and i still get blue screen when i change the registry to start it up.

still not happy

• Seems to work fine now. On my personal laptop that is. Still need to get out to one of my customers to test it on 2 of their machines though. Will reply with the results for those as soon as I get a chance to get to them.

Well done dev.

• Am vazut ca sunteti romani, asa ca am decis sa scriu in romana, daca e interzis sa ma scuzati, deci ce trebuie sa fac ca sa nu imi mai apara problema asta? (am bitdefender)