Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Well Bd You Really Did It This Time Didn't Ya?

Options

]Hi, those who have seen me in this forum before will of noticed maybe that i ain't been posting much lately , but that i think may be about to change,they have really gone and screwed it up this time,

Bit defender is 2010 o/s WinXP SP2 -32bit, Until yesterday most things worked (no major problems)that all changed soon after it auto downloaded and installed the KILLER UPGRADE re booted everything seemed ok, did some work on the pc, after a while i rebooted the pc as i generally will before i play online video games,

Upon windows loading the system hung, i waited 10mins nothing no hdd activity d idly squat, I could not even shut it down with out powering it off at the switch(possibly causing corruption/data loss) but what else can you do?

So after booting to safe mode and disabling it's services and booting back into normal mode again, to confirm it was bd causing it, which is certainly was,

First i tried a repair,failed,then uninstall it too failed,i had to download thew latest un install tool as the one already on my pc would not work properly?

re booted as prompted and ran it again, then ran a reg cleaner too, rebooted again, downloaded the latest bd from main site,(as i could not find it on here!!!)

so i install bd is again,update av engines ect, configure it oh and register it too, as for some reason that uninstall tool don't clear the reg entries so it sees that the trial has expired and turns off protection, so the user(registered)has to browse to bit defender web page unprotected,to sign in to their account and copy and paste the valid license key!!! as i bet not many will have their key readily available ill thought out bd

Today, i downloaded some files and wanted to scan them, guess what bd will not scan on demand,from within the Gui or from the system context menu(right click)but as i have just discovered it will run from within the default bd folder click on uiscan, as will the support tool too another thing that you can't even access from the support menu ,here are the two error messages displayed when i try and scan using the conventional methods

post-14196-1264871086_thumb.jpg post-14196-1264871128_thumb.jpg

and the other fault s are ant-phishing toolbar, slows IE7 down too much (loading web pages) and it isn't compatible with mozilla firefox Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.9.2) Gecko/20100115 Firefox/3.6 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)

and the Anti-spam tool bar will either take some 30seconds to load causing outlook express to freeze,or the mail is downloaded before it loads(displays) or it just simply don't bother loading until a re boot,I Have an unopened retail dvd of bd is i think i may get a refund from the shop or sell it as i can't see me staying loyal to bd they as ive said used to be very good,but not now, they keep on breaking this pile of **** every time they upgrade(fix )it

Comments

• Bd999
    edited January 2010
    Options

Same problem here. Firefox slowed down after bd updated but when i turned off anti-phishing toolbar everything was ok.

• After this "Product update" that disabled the bd scanning feature,i decided to remove it, firstly the normal un-install method (win add /remove programs) and from start menu both failed, giving a error message something about not being able to access the installer as maybe i was in safe mode???

so, i decided to use the bd un-install tool, i ran this it appeared to run normally, re-booted at the end, then i ran it again,same it asked again to re-boot to complete, so i checked its logging, and found it was not removing the main registry keys, so i downloaded another un-install tool ran it re-booted, and ran it again, it reported was complete, so after running a reg cleaner for good measure, i then tried to install an earlier build but it failed

i downloaded the new build ,ran the installer half way through the process it stopped giving a similar message about safe mode? i wasn't in bloody safe mode,so i deiced to check the registry myself, found several entries from bd, going back several builds, why should a user have to manually clean their registry after bd, the so called un-install tool should do this,

anyhow i decided to use system restore fortunately there was a valid restore point ,afterwards bd was there again,but not working, so i ran a repair,completed ok,updated it , all now seems fine, so what was the problem?

• so you're both saying that the last product update screwed BD again?

why is it that literally every major update brings issues again and again?

anyway good for me i never install product updates (i do just vir definitions) until i'm sure it won't break things up.

or i do a ghost image of my hdd before trying an update.

and guess what i always had to restore my OS from that image.

• Hello all,

Regarding the major updates which are launched for a product, they are mainly intended to solve some issues which have been reported in time by the customers and not create new issues.

For example, you can check here only some of the issues which have been solved by the latest update.

At the same time, sometimes happens that new issues appear as a result of a major update and we apologize for this.

Please continue to post here if you notice any new issue which appeared as a result of the latest update.

Thank you.