Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Could Not Access Network Location 0\

Options

Hi. I just upgraded to windows 7 x64 yesterday.

I went to install Bit Defender Total Security 2010 and when it gets to the part where it says "computing space requirements" it stops for a minute and then a window pops up saying "Could not access network location 0\". Then I am forced to quit installation.

Can you guys please help me with this? Thanks.

Comments

• Aurelian Neagu
    edited February 2010
    Options

Hello TALLY,

In this case, please follow this link in order to remove BitDefender (do not forget to use also the removal tool from step 2), and then try to reinstall it from our website.

Thank you.

• enoctis
    Options
    Hi. I just upgraded to windows 7 x64 yesterday.

I went to install Bit Defender Total Security 2010 and when it gets to the part where it says "computing space requirements" it stops for a minute and then a window pops up saying "Could not access network location 0\". Then I am forced to quit installation.

Can you guys please help me with this? Thanks.

---------------------------------------------------------------

This fix addresses the following for XP & Vista users and might work on Windows 7:

- "Error 1606: Could not access network location /0"

- "%s's Music", "%s's Pictures", and "%s's Video" folder names

These issues are caused by erroneous entries in the Windows Registry. Symantec software is known to cause such errors, but is not necessarily the only cause.

*** WARNING, READ ENTIRELY ***

This fix requires the user to change values in the Windows Registry. Follow these instructions step-by-step and do NOTHING else in the Registry. Errors in the Windows Registry can cause your system to become unstable, fail to start, or other unwanted results.

In all directories, the spaces after the "\" are put there for formatting reasons only and should not exist in your registry; remove these spaces when copy/pasting.

In the instructions below [uSERNAME] should be replaced with your username, which may be different than the name you login to Windows with. To learn your username, create and/or open a folder on your desktop.

XP Users: Between Documents and Settings\ and \Desktop is your username.

Vista Users: Between Users\ and \Desktop is your username.

This information will appear in the Address Bar, which you may have to turn on by going to View > Toolbars > Address Bar.

Goto Start > Run or press Windows Key + R (opens Run Dialog)

Type regedit and press Enter or click OK (opens Windows Registry)

In the Windows Registry, navigate to the following:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ Software\ Microsoft\ Windows\ CurrentVersion\ Explorer\ Shell Folders

Ensure that the following keys Data values are set accordingly:

XP Users:

- Administrative Tools = C:\ Documents and Settings\ [uSERNAME]\ Start Menu\ Programs\ Administrative Tools

- AppData = C:\ Documents and Settings\ [uSERNAME]\ Application Data

- Cache = C:\ Documents and Settings\ [uSERNAME]\ Local Settings\ Temporary Internet Files

- Local AppData = C:\ Documents and Settings\ [uSERNAME]\ Local Settings\ Application Data

- Local Settings = C:\ Documents and Settings\ [uSERNAME]\ Local Settings

- My Music = C:\ Documents and Settings\ [uSERNAME]\ My Documents\ My Music

- My Pictures = C:\ Documents and Settings\ [uSERNAME]\ My Documents\ My Pictures

- My Video = C:\ Documents and Settings\ [uSERNAME]\ My Documents\ My Video

- NetHood = C:\ Documents and Settings\ [uSERNAME]\ NetHood

- Personal = C:\ Documents and Settings\ [uSERNAME]\ My Documents

- PrintHood = C:\ Documents and Settings\ [uSERNAME]\ PrintHood

- Programs = C:\ Documents and Settings\ [uSERNAME]\ Start Menu\ Programs

- Recent = (delete this key entirely; it will be recreated by Windows upon restart)

- SendTo = C:\ Documents and Settings\ [uSERNAME]\ SendTo

- Start Menu = C:\ Documents and Settings\ [uSERNAME]\ Start Menu

- Startup = C:\ Documents and Settings\ [uSERNAME]\ Start Menu\ Programs\ Startup

- Templates = C:\ Documents and Settings\ [uSERNAME]\ Templates

Vista Users:

- Administrative Tools = C:\ Users\ [uSERNAME]\ AppData\ Roaming\ Microsoft\ Windows\ Start Menu\ Programs\ Administrative Tools

- AppData = C:\ Users\ [uSERNAME]\ AppData\ Roaming

- Cache = C:\ Users\ [uSERNAME]\ AppData\ Local\ Microsoft\ Windows\ Temporary Internet Files

- Cookies = C:\ Users\ [uSERNAME]\ AppData\ Roaming\ Microsoft\ Windows\ Cookies

- Desktop = C:\ Users\ [uSERNAME]\ Desktop

- Favorites = C:\ Users\ [uSERNAME]\ Favorites

- History = C:\ Users\ [uSERNAME]\ AppData\ Local\ Microsoft\ Windows\ History

- My Music = C:\ Users\ [uSERNAME]\ Music

- My Pictures = C:\ Users\ [uSERNAME]\ Pictures

- My Video = C:\ Users\ [uSERNAME]\ My Videos

- NetHood = C:\ Users\ [uSERNAME]\ AppData\ Roaming\ Microsoft\ Windows\Network Shortcuts

- Personal = C:\ Users\ [uSERNAME]\ Documents

- PrintHood = C:\ Users\ [uSERNAME]\ AppData\ Roaming\ Microsoft\ Windows\ Printer Shortcuts

- Programs = C:\ Users\ [uSERNAME]\ AppData\ Roaming\ Microsoft\ Windows\ Start Menu\ Programs

- Recent = (delete this key entirely; it will be recreated by Windows upon restart)

- SendTo = C:\ Users\ [uSERNAME]\ AppData\ Roaming\ Microsoft\ Windows\ SendTo

- Start Menu = C:\ Users\ [uSERNAME]\ AppData\ Roaming\ Microsoft\ Windows\ Start Menu

- Startup = C:\ Users\ [uSERNAME]\ AppData\ Roaming\ Microsoft\ Windows\ Start Menu\ Programs\ Startup

- Templates = C:\ Users\ [uSERNAME]\ AppData\ Roaming\ Microsoft\ Windows\ Templates

Navigate to the following:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ Software\ Microsoft\ Windows\ CurrentVersion\ Explorer\ User Shell Folders

These keys will have relative paths. They should all begin with %USERPROFILE%. Furthermore, their Type should all be REG_EXPAND_SZ with the exception of the (Default) key. If any of these keys have the REG_SZ Type then you need to rename the erroneous key (just add _old to the end of the name). Now right-click in the right-pane and click New > Expandable String Value. Name the new key as the the old was before you renamed it. Double-click the old key and copy/paste it's Value into the new keys Value.

Ensure that the following keys Data values are set accordingly:

XP Users:

- AppData = %USERPROFILE%\ Application Data

- Cache = %USERPROFILE%\ Local Settings\ Temporary Internet Files

- Cookies = %USERPROFILE%\ Cookies

- Desktop = %USERPROFILE%\ Desktop

- Favorites = %USERPROFILE%\ Favorites

- History = %USERPROFILE%\ Local Settings\ History

- Local AppData = %USERPROFILE%\ Local Settings\ Application Data

- Local Settings = %USERPROFILE%\ Local Settings

- My Music = %USERPROFILE%\ My Documents\ My Music

- My Pictures = %USERPROFILE%\ My Documents\ My Pictures

- My Video = %USERPROFILE%\ My Documents\ My Video

- NetHood = %USERPROFILE%\ NetHood

- Personal = %USERPROFILE%\ My Documents

- PrintHood = %USERPROFILE%\ PrintHood

- Programs = %USERPROFILE%\ Start Menu\ Programs

- SendTo = %USERPROFILE%\ SendTo

- Start Menu = %USERPROFILE%\ Start Menu

- Startup = %USERPROFILE%\ Start Menu\ Programs\ Startup

- Templates = %USERPROFILE%\ Templates

Vista Users:

- AppData = %USERPROFILE%\ AppData\ Roaming

- Cache = %USERPROFILE%\ AppData\ Local\ Microsoft\ Windows\ Temporary Internet Files

- Cookies = %USERPROFILE%\ AppData\ Roaming\ Microsoft\ Windows\ Cookies

- Desktop = %USERPROFILE%\ Desktop

- Favorites = %USERPROFILE%\ Favorites

- History = %USERPROFILE%\ AppData\ Local\ Microsoft\ Windows\ History

- Local AppData = %USERPROFILE%\ AppData\ Local

- My Music = %USERPROFILE%\ Music

- My Pictures = %USERPROFILE%\ Pictures

- My Video = %USERPROFILE%\ Videos

- NetHood = %USERPROFILE%\ AppData\ Roaming\ Microsoft\ Windows\ Network Shortcuts

- Personal = %USERPROFILE%\ Documents

- PrintHood = %USERPROFILE%\ AppData\ Roaming\ Microsoft\ Windows\ Printer Shortcuts

- Programs = %USERPROFILE%\ AppData\ Roaming\ Microsoft\ Windows\ Start Menu\ Programs

- Recent = %USERPROFILE%\ AppData\ Roaming\ Microsoft\ Windows\ Recent

- SendTo = %USERPROFILE%\ AppData\ Roaming\ Microsoft\ Windows\ Send To

- Start Menu = %USERPROFILE%\ AppData\ Roaming\ Microsoft\ Windows\ Start Menu

- Startup = %USERPROFILE%\ AppData\ Roaming\ Microsoft\ Windows\ Start Menu\ Programs\ Startup

- Templates = %USERPROFILE%\ AppData\ Roaming\ Microsoft\ Windows\ Templates

Restart your computer and enjoy your error free installations/uninstalls and corrected folder name errors!