Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Support Request System Broken?

Options

Hello,

I recently upgraded from BDIS 2009. When I had a large incoming email it would send a trickle of data back to Outlook so it wouldn't timeout. However, now that I have BDIS 2010, there is no trickle back of data so Outlook times out. I have adjusted Outlook's timeout to largest possible time (10 mins) but no joy.

If I disable Antivirus and download, my email comes through fine. It's just when I have it enabled.

Used to work fine in BDIS 2009. Doesn't work anymore in BDIS 2010.

In addition, when Outlook times out, BDIS 2010 is still downloading the data from my mail server. The socket ends up as FIN_WAIT_2 (in tcpview utility)... I have to force connection closed for BDIS to stop downloading (it's like it doesn't get the picture that Outlook has timed out the connection). I can end up with a number of these if I don't realize I have a large email waiting, which chews up bandwidth. I see this FIN_WAIT_2 problem occasionally, but it is exacerbated by the "no trickle" issue in Outlook. Once we get the Outlook trickle sorted out, I'll provide more details on the FIN_WAIT_2 problem.

Is there some configuration option to turn the "trickle" back on in BDIS 2010? If not possible, I will have to consider refund options, as it is not acceptable to have to disable antivirus every time I receive an email of around 10 MB.

(Note: I submitted this request via Support system but as yet have had no response)

Best regards,

Zane

Comments

• This has happened to me at least three times now since upgrading to BDIS 2010 (from 2009).

I add exclusion rules to make sure BDIS 2010 doesn't scan a number of different file types (source code files), as well as files at particular location (my app server deployment). For that session, compile times are nice and quick. Reboot, everything is slow again because my exclusion rules aren't there anymore.

If I go back into BD Security Centre during the same session, all my exclusion rules are there. Just seem to get forgotten in between reboots.

Is there some hidden save button that I'm not seeing?

Z

• Still no response to support request submitted last week (not even confirmation emails to say they've been received). [ submitted from form on https://myaccount.bitdefender.com/site/MyAc...contactEmail/1/ ]

No response to problems posted on forums in the last week either.

Is something broken with support system at BD Headquarters?

• Hello TheZed,

We have checked our data base, but we couldn't find any ticket ID on your e-mail address.

Regarding your issues, please be so kind as to follow the steps from this link in order to provide us with the reports we need for further investigation.

The reports will be sent directly to our Technical Support Team and you will receive an automatic reply shortly. Please send me a PM with the ticket ID from the Subject of the e-mail so that I may analyze the reports and send you a solution as soon as possible.

Thank you.