Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Parental Control Not Working

Options

I have enabled parental control on the account of my kids, following the steps outlined in the help pages of BD2010. I'm also trying to block a specific website, but no matter how I enter it in the list for blocked sites, when I log onto the kids account I can still browse to this site.

Also, no log is made of the internet activity even though I've enabled this option.

With the search function on this forum, I've found a similar topic describing the same problem. The reply from BD in that topic was to repair the installation of BD2010. I've done this, and this did not solve the issue for me.

Comments

• After waiting a few days hoping for a reply to this post, I have now opened a ticket with support in order to tackle the issue I have with Parental Control.

If there are other users experiencing the same problem, please reply in this thread so I know you're out there and I can share whatever solution I get with you from techsupport.

• Hello alt1579,

We tested this and it seems that BitDefender manages to block the website: www.habbo.nl

Please reply back to our e-mail if you have any other question.

Thank you.

• Hi Aurelian,

Thank you for your reply. I have sent all the requested data to BD support (sysdump etc) a few days ago, I hope this gives enough information to help me find the cause why parental control does not seem to work on my system.

Also, can you tell me which steps you followed to block the site?

Thank you.

• I have the same problem. BD 2010 Internet worked perfectly for 10 days. As of Jan 30, it stopped working, but only with respect to Parental Controls. Now, no matter what I do, the boxes won't hold the checkmark and I can't set the controls.

My guess is that the teenager who uses this computer downloaded a hack or workaround. I can't find it and I've cleaned the registry. The hack could be anywhere.

If I went to Admin Services and opened Services, I have four BD files running:

Arrakis Server

Desktop Update Service

Threat Scanner

Virus Shield.

Are there other files that should be running?