Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bdfsfltr.sys Causing Bsod

Options

Im having a problem , I have been recieving alot of blue screens of death recently , if tried reinstalling bitdefender over and over , iv even just reformated my hard drive and installed the anti virus on a fresh install but within 24 hours i was recieving the blue screens of death again. When i use programs to check the dump files for information im being told the culprit is "bdfsfltr.sys" , it says the file is the driver "BitDefender AntiVirus FS filter driver".

Has anybody else had this problem ? Or are there any fixes out there to stop this driver causing blue screens? It happens randomly its not when im doing any specific things it can range from the pc just sitting idle to browsing the internet or playing games.

Comments

• Im having a problem , I have been recieving alot of blue screens of death recently , if tried reinstalling bitdefender over and over , iv even just reformated my hard drive and installed the anti virus on a fresh install but within 24 hours i was recieving the blue screens of death again. When i use programs to check the dump files for information im being told the culprit is "bdfsfltr.sys" , it says the file is the driver "BitDefender AntiVirus FS filter driver".

Has anybody else had this problem ? Or are there any fixes out there to stop this driver causing blue screens? It happens randomly its not when im doing any specific things it can range from the pc just sitting idle to browsing the internet or playing games.

Hi Poizen,

Please, post the operating system you have (windows version, service pack, 32/64 bit), bdfsfltr.sys version and product type and version. Do you use any security applications together with BitDefender?

These informations are very important to reproduce the issue in our labs.

It will be very useful if you will send to us dump file generated after Blue Screen of Death (BSoD).

For this, go to Advanced Sytem Properties, Startup and Recovery section, Settings, then, in System Failure section, then select Complete Memory Dump in Write Debugging Information section.

Then, when first BSoD appears, after restart, in folder C:\Windows\ you will find MEMORY.dmp file and, in C:\Windows\Minidump\ , Minidump.dmp file with current date and time.

Please, zip these two files, then upload them to www.sendspace.com or other file sharing site and send me the link.

Thank you!

• My wife's VISTA laptop running Home Basic Service Pack 2 is having similar problems. It just shuts off. The event viewer says it is an issue with bdfsfltr.sys. It also happens with ddcdrv.sys. Elsewhere on web a user writes that this is a competition between drivers. Can anyone in tech support comment on what to do in this case. The laptop just shuts off. She is university student doing work on deadline and is very bummed out. We may try eliminating BD 2010 to see if this temporarily solves the issue. Ideas?

Im having a problem , I have been recieving alot of blue screens of death recently , if tried reinstalling bitdefender over and over , iv even just reformated my hard drive and installed the anti virus on a fresh install but within 24 hours i was recieving the blue screens of death again. When i use programs to check the dump files for information im being told the culprit is "bdfsfltr.sys" , it says the file is the driver "BitDefender AntiVirus FS filter driver".

• Hi Samba Ndiaye,

We think there is some incompatibilities between some software you have installed and BitDefender. You may follow steps described above and upload these files (at least some of them) to www.sendsapce.com. This will be helpful in figuring out the source of issue.

You may also specify if you have multiple antivirus solutions installed on the sistem -> this could lead to such problems.

Regards!