Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bd2010 Won't Allow Dreamweaver 8 To Connect

Options

I have BitDefender 2010 Antivirus.

BitDefender will not let Dreamweaver 8 connect to my FTP host. My site is active, I'm using the correct login info, all the basic stuff has been addressed. I have even added Dreamweaver as an exception in BitDefender. What is the next step? Apart from uninstalling BitDefender 2010 and joining the ranks of individuals who are very vocal in the ineffectiveness and hassles associated with BitDefender products... I've written "technical support" 3 times over the past 2 weeks and have heard nothing.

Why won't BitDefender let Dreamweaver connect to the FTP host?

How can I solve this problem permenantly?

Thank you, and sorry for the rant.

Comments

• Hello CaseyVR6,

1. First of all, please follow the steps below in order to disable BitDefender Antivirus Virus Control module:

1. Open BitDefender Security Center.

2. Click on 'Settings' and switch to 'Expert Mode'

3. Go to 'Antivirus' tab.

4. Click on 'Advanced Settings' and DISABLE the 'Antivirus Virus Control' feature.

5. Test to see if the issue still replicates.

2. In case the issue persists, please follow the steps below:

Open BitDefender - > from the top right corner go to Settings and choose Expert Mode - > go to the Firewall module.

From that location go to the Settings tab - > Advanced Settings - > Check “Enable Internet Connection Sharing” and uncheck “Block Port Scans”.

Then go on the Network tab - > at Trust Level choose “Trusted Local” and at Stealth choose “Off”.

Close BitDefender and check if the issue is solved.

Thank you.

• 2. In case the issue persists, please follow the steps below:

Open BitDefender - > from the top right corner go to Settings and choose Expert Mode - > go to the Firewall module...

This did not help, and there is no "Firewall" module. I'm also now having issues with Microsoft Outlook being unable to connect after being open for more than 5 minutes. I have already gone through their troubleshooting and they said it was "An issue unrelated to either Outlook or Windows Firewall and was most likely due to [my] antivirus software." The Microsoft representative said this is actually a very common issue they are hearing about BitDefender. Is there an update on the way to allow legitimate software to access the web without these timeouts and restrictions? How can I correct these problems permanently apart from uninstalling BitDefender and putting a more comprehensive antivirus program in it's place?

• This did not help...

Not sure if you read that part, but I'm still looking for an answer. For anyone else reading this, do NOT buy BitDefender products.