Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Super Slow Internet

Options

After installing bit defender my internet downloads and streaming speeds have for the most part stoped i can barley download something at a speed of about 8kbs

please help this was not a issue befor installing bit defender

Comments

• Open BitDefender, click on the Settings button, choose the the Expert Mode then click on Ok. After that, click on the Antivirus module and under the WiteList tab click on the Advanced Settings button .

add trusted webpages to make Bitdefender skip scan it .

and but Protection Level as Default .

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options

What product do you have on your PC ?

• shark
    edited February 2010
    Options

AntiPhishing slowdown internet :(

ie8 ff3.6

• I was about to make a topic of this myself but I'm glad someone else has noticed this besides me. The thing is the Anti Phishing didn't used to make internet so slow. If I remember right. Some pages now take over a minute to fully load even when they don't have that much on them. I think one of the recent updates has messed with it somehow. Has anyone else had this problem? I would like to hear more on this.

• alexcrist
    Options

@shark & Scout: The Antihishing problem is already being discussed here: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=17928

Please post there further questions. Thank you.

@echoside76: What Operating system do you have? Could you be a little more specific about what kind of downloads are you talking about (target URL, what application you use to download, etc...).

Cris.

• echoside76
    edited February 2010
    Options

windows 7 and any download i do or even searching the web is waaay slow now

• AntiPhishing either on or off makes no difference here.

but I'm on XP SP2 so that might make a diff...

check whether you have Scan web (http) traffic on or off.

if it's on set it to off.

Expert mode -> Antivirus section -> Custom level -> there you'll find an option...

• alexcrist
    Options

echoside76, please try the steps presented here: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?s=&...ost&p=74985

Let me know if anything changes.

Cris.

• I am running Vista Home Premium 32 everything on my computer has slowed down to the point that I can no longer use the computer. A very good Dell XPS Laptop With 4 GIG of RAM and dual processors. I have to go to work and type this post. It happened right after install. I canged the updating time from 1 hour to every 5 hours. But BD says it is updating all the time. I mean all the time. How do i fix this. I googled "Bitdefender slow pc" and it looks like it is VERY widespread. IS THERE A FIX?

Steven

• I am running Vista Home Premium 32 everything on my computer has slowed down to the point that I can no longer use the computer. A very good Dell XPS Laptop With 4 GIG of RAM and dual processors. I have to go to work and type this post. It happened right after install. I canged the updating time from 1 hour to every 5 hours. But BD says it is updating all the time. I mean all the time. How do i fix this. I googled "Bitdefender slow pc" and it looks like it is VERY widespread. IS THERE A FIX?

Steven

ohioshicks, looks like the autoupdate went into some kind of loop there.

why don't you try and change it to manual update.

go to Expert Mode + Update section and uncheck Automatic Update so it says "disabled"

then click settings tab in the same section and under Confirm Update check Prompt Before Downloading Updates

do the same under Manual Update Settings

under Advanced Settings make sure both "Don't update if scan is in progress" and "Don't update if Game Mode is on" are checked.

having done so see if your PC is more responsive.

if it's not there must be some other issue.

• My computer is still very very slow. When I type the text has to catch up to me. Not sure what to do? If we can not get this to work I will uninstall the program and see if that helps. I just want my computer to work the way it did with the past antivirus program.

• you may try this -

in Expert Mode go to Antivirus section and click Advanced Settings button

Active Virus control should be enabled so make it Medium Level if it's Agressive or Critical

check "Alert me before taking an action" at the bottom

also you may add some *.exe files you're sure they're clean into Exclusion list

04-av-shield-avcs.jpg

in the same Antivirus section click Custom Level button, and make changes like this:

03-av-shield-custom.jpg

with one exception though if you like -> uncheck "Scan inside archives"

these are my settings... hope it helps