[solved] Anti-phishing Tool Bar Not Working With Firefox 3.6

just updated to the latest version of fire-fox and the bit defender tool bar is greyed out indicating it ain't working maybe not compatible? as i can disable/enable no difference stays Gray, and while I'm talking about Gray icons it's back the Gray ball good old vsserv.exe no error pop up,pc slows down but does not grind to a stop, and only the fire wall on activity bar gets the fatal red x in it, seems to happen randomly, usually whilst browsing the web,

the messenger error in vulnerabilities module still not fixed, as it will still show that version 4.7 that ships with xp pro sp2 is out of date,i can't see how as windows live messenger is not an update it's a different product, and neither run or are enabled, just an observation, as i don't have that set to enabled ,

oh and the home network not showing has reared its ugly head again, this time the earlier posted workaround don't work now,the only way i can get it to show up, is to disable it using the password,and re enable the home network module,it's then displayed

Comments

• just updated to the latest version of fire-fox and the bit defender tool bar is greyed out indicating it ain't working maybe not compatible? as i can disable/enable no difference stays Gray, and while I'm talking about Gray icons it's back the Gray ball good old vsserv.exe no error pop up,pc slows down but does not grind to a stop, and only the fire wall on activity bar gets the fatal red x in it, seems to happen randomly, usually whilst browsing the web,

the messenger error in vulnerabilities module still not fixed, as it will still show that version 4.7 that ships with xp pro sp2 is out of date,i can't see how as windows live messenger is not an update it's a different product, and neither run or are enabled, just an observation, as i don't have that set to enabled ,

oh and the home network not showing has reared its ugly head again, this time the earlier posted workaround don't work now,the only way i can get it to show up, is to disable it using the password,and re enable the home network module,it's then displayed

I have same problem !!

• slacker
    edited January 2010

I am using freshly installed Windows 7, with Firefox version 3.6. It looks like the 3.6 support is there but the for some reason it's refusing to load. Has anyone faced this problem before?

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<!-- VERSION '13.2' -->

<RDF:RDF xmlns:em="http://www.mozilla.org/2004/em-rdf#"

xmlns:NC="http://home.netscape.com/NC-rdf#"

xmlns:RDF="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#">

<RDF:Description RDF:about="rdf:#$d5DdB3"

em:id="{ec8030f7-c20a-464f-9b0e-13a3a9e97384}"

em:minVersion="2.0"

em:maxVersion="3.6" />

<RDF:Description RDF:about="urn:mozilla:install-manifest"

em:id="FFToolbar@bitdefender.com"

em:name="BitDefender Antiphishing Toolbar"

em:version="2.0"

em:creator="BitDefender S.R.L."

em:description="BitDefender Antiphishing Toolbar"

em:homepageURL="http://www.bitdefender.com">

<em:targetApplication RDF:resource="rdf:#$d5DdB3"/>

</RDF:Description>

</RDF:RDF>

• I am using freshly installed Windows 7, with Firefox version 3.6. It looks like the 3.6 support is there but the for some reason it's refusing to load. Has anyone faced this problem before?

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<!-- VERSION '13.2' -->

<RDF:RDF xmlns:em="http://www.mozilla.org/2004/em-rdf#"

xmlns:NC="http://home.netscape.com/NC-rdf#"

xmlns:RDF="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#">

<RDF:Description RDF:about="rdf:#$d5DdB3"

em:id="{ec8030f7-c20a-464f-9b0e-13a3a9e97384}"

em:minVersion="2.0"

em:maxVersion="3.6" />

<RDF:Description RDF:about="urn:mozilla:install-manifest"

em:id="FFToolbar@bitdefender.com"

em:name="BitDefender Antiphishing Toolbar"

em:version="2.0"

em:creator="BitDefender S.R.L."

em:description="BitDefender Antiphishing Toolbar"

em:homepageURL="http://www.bitdefender.com">

<em:targetApplication RDF:resource="rdf:#$d5DdB3"/>

</RDF:Description>

</RDF:RDF>

yep, it now not working with latest updated fire fox,(grayed out)even after the product upgrade guess bd didn't write a fix in time also the crappy toolbar is slowing web browsing down for me in IE7, using win xp sp2, pages taking longer than they should up to 10seconds or more, sometimes IE7 will quit suddenly or hang, but disable your sad antphishing toolbar no problems?? so when is this gonna get a updated version?btw, if you use ff, use the no ****** add on and the super cookie one to, no need for antsphising toolbar

• davey, I am having the same problems in IE as well (extremely slow), hope they fix it soon. I already have the no-****** add-on will check out the supper cookie one, thanks.

• dave r
    edited January 2010
    davey, I am having the same problems in IE as well (extremely slow), hope they fix it soon. I already have the no-****** add-on will check out the supper cookie one, thanks.

it's name is BETTER PRIVACY, as for the anti-phishing toolbar, for now it's disabled.

• Hello all,

The issue that you have reported has been acknowledged by our team and is currently being worked on for a fix.

The fix will be done by means of automatic update and won't require any additional action from your part.

Thank you.

• it's name is BETTER PRIVACY, as for the anti-phishing toolbar, for now it's disabled.

I have the same problem BD installed in a fresh Windows 7 system, and anti phishing not working in FF 3.6 although is works in IE 8... A fix is coming soon and hopping this time it gets embedded in the Explorer Toolbars, it bugs me is using one more line in my browser page.

• Hello all,

The issue that you have reported has been acknowledged by our team and is currently being worked on for a fix.

The fix will be done by means of automatic update and won't require any additional action from your part.

Thank you.

Same issue with me, with XP SP3.

Let's hope next Firefox update will not break down everything after your update. :huh:

Let's be patient, Michael Bay's Armaggedon second chapter is on the way :D

(and I am logged out one time out of three before I send a message! :huh:

Have a nice day everybody!

L.

• I have the same problem. Any idea when this will be remedied?

• slacker
    edited February 2010

Update your bitdefender and then restart your system, the firefox and ie problems have been fixed. Aurelian Neagu, thanks.

• I guess i spoke too soon, the filter works but its very slow. Internet explorer is still freezing. :(

• The Anti-Phishing bar now works, but it freezes Firefox for a few seconds everytime it loads a new web page, very annoying I have it disabled.

• I have the same problem. Any idea when this will be remedied?

Looks like the update I loaded today did the trick.

thanks,

• The Anti-Phishing bar now works, but it freezes Firefox for a few seconds everytime it loads a new web page, very annoying I have it disabled.

i have the same problem in explorer, firefox they are blocked by antiphising sometime during 5 sec

• Unknown
    edited February 2010

Hello all,

Please let us know if Mozilla Firefox still freezes. Please also tell us what Add-ons you are using on this browser in order to determine if one of them enters in conflict with the Antiphishing toolbar. Please also include further details, like Operating System, BitDefender version and system architecture (32/64 bits).

Looking forward for your reply.

Thank you.

• I'm also experiencing heavy slowdown in firefox and IE8 before loading the next page. In firefox my other add-ons are DownloadHelper 4.7 and WebMail Notifier 2.2.3.

• Hello misterTTT,

Could you please also tell me what Operating System are you using and the system architecture (32/64 bits)?

Thank you.

• I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

And when I disable the antiphishing toolbar, the lag is gone.

My pc specs are:

Intel Core 2 Quad 2.83 Ghz

4 Gb DDR3

Asus P5E3 Premium motherboard

Asus GTX 280 graphics card

Creative Audigy 4 Pro soundcard

CoolerMaster M1000 PSU

Samsung SyncMaster 245B LCD monitor

DirectX 11

• Here are my other plug-ins

post-29210-1265889242_thumb.jpg

• Please post a similar screenshot for the Extensions tab (from Firefox).

• Ok here is all my information:

I have BD Internet Security 2010 running on Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. I'm experiencing heavy slowdown in Mozilla Firefox before loading the next page. Firefox lag stops when I disable the Antiphishing Toolbar.

My Firefox extensions and plug-ins:

post-29210-1265913185_thumb.jpg post-29210-1265913194_thumb.jpg

• bombaynori
    edited February 2010

Same problem here.

I confirmed this problem with IE and Firefox

But anyway, I upload the screenshot my plugins and extensions.

post-24215-1265916297_thumb.png

Browser:IE8、Firefox3.6

• I also have this same problem on Firefox and IE.

Win 7 Ultimate 64

• Hello misterTTT,

Could you please also tell me what Operating System are you using and the system architecture (32/64 bits)?

Thank you.

Hi, as I've said before, with the Bitdefender Anti-Phishing bar enabled both Firefox 3.6 and IE8 freeze for a few seconds (2 to 6 seconds).

System Specs:

Computer:

Computer Type PC com base em X86 ACPI

Operating System Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate

OS Service Pack Service Pack 2

Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18882

DirectX DirectX 10.1

Computer Name DESKTOP

User Name António Azevedo

Logon Domain desktop

Date / Time 2010-02-09 / 16:25

Motherboard:

CPU Type QuadCore Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9650, 4000 MHz (12 x 333)

Motherboard Name Asus P5Q3 (2 PCI, 3 PCI-E x1, 2 PCI-E x16, 4 DDR3 DIMM, Audio, Gigabit LAN, IEEE-1394)

Motherboard Chipset Intel Eaglelake P45

System Memory 3072 MB (DDR3-1333 DDR3 SDRAM)

DIMM1: Transcend TS256MLK64V3U 2 GB DDR3-1333 DDR3 SDRAM (9-9-9-24 @ 666 MHz) (8-8-8-22 @ 592 MHz) (7-7-7-19 @ 518 MHz) (6-6-6-16 @ 444 MHz)

DIMM3: Transcend TS256MLK64V3U 2 GB DDR3-1333 DDR3 SDRAM (9-9-9-24 @ 666 MHz) (8-8-8-22 @ 592 MHz) (7-7-7-19 @ 518 MHz) (6-6-6-16 @ 444 MHz)

BIOS Type AMI (01/08/09)

Communication Port Communications Port (COM1)

Display:

Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295 (896 MB)

Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295 (896 MB)

3D Accelerator nVIDIA GeForce GTX 295

Monitor Monitor PnP Genérico [NoDB] (1907359533)

Multimedia:

Audio Adapter Realtek ALC888/1200 @ Intel 82801JB ICH10 - High Definition Audio Controller

Storage:

IDE Controller Controlador Dual Channel PCI IDE padrão

IDE Controller Intel® ICH10 Family 2 port Serial ATA Storage Controller 2 - 3A26

IDE Controller Intel® ICH10 Family 4 port Serial ATA Storage Controller 1 - 3A20

Storage Controller AE7J2UR2 IDE Controller

Storage Controller Iniciador do Microsoft iSCSI

Floppy Drive Floppy disk drive

Disk Drive Maxtor 6L200M0 ATA Device (200 GB, 7200 RPM, SATA)

Disk Drive SAMSUNG HD103SJ ATA Device (931 GB, IDE)

Disk Drive ST3120022A ATA Device (120 GB, 7200 RPM, Ultra-ATA/100)

Disk Drive WDC WD1500ADFD-00NLR1 ATA Device (150 GB, 10000 RPM, SATA)

Optical Drive AHQHYBW WTQNCX6 SCSI CdRom Device

Optical Drive ASUS DRW-1814BLT ATA Device (DVD+R9:8x, DVD-R9:8x, DVD+RW:18x/8x, DVD-RW:18x/6x, DVD-RAM:14x, DVD-ROM:16x, CD:48x/32x/48x DVD+RW/DVD-RW/DVD-RAM)

SMART Hard Disks Status OK

Partitions:

C: (NTFS) 139.7 GB (8.6 GB free)

D: (NTFS) 189.9 GB (5.7 GB free)

E: (NTFS) 111.8 GB (3.2 GB free)

H: (NTFS) 931.5 GB (882.5 GB free)

Total Size 1372.9 GB (899.9 GB free)

Input:

Keyboard Teclado Padrão PS/2

Mouse Rato compatível com HID

• I don't know if it's any help but I'm also having the same problem, waiting 3-6 seconds in Firefox 3.6 when loading a new tab with AntiPhishing on.

I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit and have the following Firefox addons installed;

AdBlockPlus 1.1.3

Java Console 6.0.18

I currently have the toolbar disabled to stop the freezing.

• skullx
    edited February 2010

Oops, heres the proper screenshots for my above post.

post-31195-1265949545_thumb.png

post-31195-1265949555_thumb.png

• I have the same problem. Antiphishing enabled in both firefox and IE8, loading webpages is slower, clicking on links is slower, using the "back" button is slow (1-2sec lagging), in all, the browser is lagging bigtime, but there is no CPU load that indicates any problem. I've disabled anitphishing for now, works smooth.

Using windows 7 home premium, 64bit

• I am experiencing the same lag issues with BD Internet Security 2010 with Win 7 64 bit as with Windows XP Home edition (32 bit). I have a dual boot system of Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit and Win XP 32 bit.

Here are the add-ons of my Win XP system:

post-29210-1265995879_thumb.jpg post-29210-1265995888_thumb.jpg

• Duskfall
    edited February 2010

Same problem here,heavy spikes,unbearable please fix this.

Specs:

Intel I7 920 3.2 GhZ

6GB Ram Corsair Dominator 1600Mhz

Intel X25-M SSD 80GB(firefox and bitdefender installed there)

Windows 7 x64 Proffesional

Evga Gtx 295,Sparkle GTX 260

2x1Tb Seagate 7200.12

Problems are the same to Internet Explorer

post-31325-1265999128_thumb.png

post-31325-1265999189_thumb.png

• Same problem:

winxp 32

bitdefender 2010

firefox 3.6

post-31363-1266157971_thumb.jpg

post-31363-1266157986_thumb.jpg

• Hello all,

An update has been released a few hours ago in order to fix this slow down with the Internet connection.

Make sure that your BitDefender is up to date, turn on the Antiphishing and let us know the outcome.

Also, please be informed that I will close this topic since the initial issue: Anti-phishing Tool Bar Not Working With Firefox 3.6 has been solved.

If the slow down issue persists, please continue posting on this topic:

Internet Lagging After Installing Internet Security 2010

Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.