Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

After Waking Up From Hibernate:"bit Defender Services Are Not Responding."

Options

Like the topic says I am having this problem. When the computer comes back from Hibernation the red tray icon will turn gray and services are not responding and I have to restart. This does this every time! It is really annoying. I don't usually shut down my computer unless it's necessary and this is becoming a real pain. <sigh>

Comments

• Like the topic says I am having this problem. When the computer comes back from Hibernation the red tray icon will turn gray and services are not responding and I have to restart. This does this every time! It is really annoying. I don't usually shut down my computer unless it's necessary and this is becoming a real pain. <sigh>

Hello Scout!

Yes, I know the problem too with Windows XP SP3 when I open the computer, probably because of:

Windows Live Messenger. However I just have to wait a few minutes and I fortunately get the red icon back.

2) I got problems too because I used CCleaner and cleaned the registry maybe too hard. I had to reinstall BD.

Did you clean the registry base? (it is sometimes useful, but it could damage the registry)

Do you have any grey icone coming when you do not use Hibernation system?

Maybe you could repair BD? (through Start, Program, Bitdefender, Repair...). I did it once and it worked. I am not a spet and I have no further ideas how to fix your problem. (As far as I am concerned, I stopped using the Hibernation function several years ago, it gave me too much trouble with every software.)

Maybe a spet will help you soon.

Good luck! :)

L.

• I have the same problem and I tried reinstalling but the problem persists. Did you find a solution for the problem. I am using windows 7 thought. My windows xp system with Bitdefender 2009, does not have any problem with hibernation.

:mellow: Bitedefender are u guys listening............

KC

Hello Scout!

Yes, I know the problem too with Windows XP SP3 when I open the computer, probably because of:

Windows Live Messenger. However I just have to wait a few minutes and I fortunately get the red icon back.

2) I got problems too because I used CCleaner and cleaned the registry maybe too hard. I had to reinstall BD.

Did you clean the registry base? (it is sometimes useful, but it could damage the registry)

Do you have any grey icone coming when you do not use Hibernation system?

Maybe you could repair BD? (through Start, Program, Bitdefender, Repair...). I did it once and it worked. I am not a spet and I have no further ideas how to fix your problem. (As far as I am concerned, I stopped using the Hibernation function several years ago, it gave me too much trouble with every software.)

Maybe a spet will help you soon.

Good luck! :)

L.

• The last major update seems to have fixed this problem for me. I am still using XP SP3. I am planning to get Windows 7 in the next month or so.

Yes, I do use CCleaner but I never touch the Bit Defender files just to be careful it mite delete something that it's not suppose to. I also am very cautious of not deleting critcial system files. I only use it to get rid of leftovers of uninstalled programs, etc.

• Hello all,

The issue that you have reported has been acknowledged by our team and is currently being worked on for a fix.

The fix will be done by means of automatic update and won't require any additional action from your part.

We are very sorry for any inconvenience that we may have created and we rest at your disposal for further information.

Thank you for your support and patience.