Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Antivirus Locking Up Or Rebooting

Options

I have purchased Total Security 2010 and been using the software for a while, now when i run the system scan, it scans and then reboots my laptop, the same happens with the quick system scan.

When I run the deep system scan it will run and then is scanning rootkit and locks the pc up and I have to use the power button to reboot.

I have uninstalled and used the uninstaller tool a number of times but the same problem continues. It has got to the point that it is to much effort to get this software to run as expected, the technical support is totally nonexsistant, email support for a purchased product is not really satisfactory having to wait for 48hrs for a reply.

The big worry is my machine protected?

Thanks for any help, I do like the software but it has to work as required hopefully i will be able to receive a refund if this problem persits

chris

I am running XP and Total security 2010

Comments

• Hello gavinenterprises,

Regarding your complaint, I have checked but I couldn't find any e-mail from you on this issue.

Regarding your scanning issue, please be so kind as to follow the steps from this link in order to provide us with the reports we need for further investigation.

The reports will be sent directly to our Technical Support Team and you will receive an automatic reply shortly. Please send me a PM with the ticket ID from the Subject of the e-mail so that I may analyze the reports and send you a solution as soon as possible.

Thank you.

• Thank you for replying .

My apologies for taking so long to reply, I reformatted my hard drive and reinstalled XP as well as Bitdefender Total Security and everything seems to be working very well. I think the problem might possibly been caused by Comodo system cleaner, which is a very hash cleaner and can cause problems.

I am very impressed with Total securities performance to date.

Chris

Hello gavinenterprises,

Regarding your complaint, I have checked but I couldn't find any e-mail from you on this issue.

Regarding your scanning issue, please be so kind as to follow the steps from this link in order to provide us with the reports we need for further investigation.

The reports will be sent directly to our Technical Support Team and you will receive an automatic reply shortly. Please send me a PM with the ticket ID from the Subject of the e-mail so that I may analyze the reports and send you a solution as soon as possible.

Thank you.

• Hello gavinenterprises,

Thank you for your positive feedback.

We are glad your issue has been solved. Indeed BitDefender conflicts with other security solutions and that's why we recommend using just one security program on the system.

Thank you again.

• gavinenterprises
    edited March 2010
    Options

Decided to uninstall Bitdefender 2010 Fed up with BSOB, several times, and it acts like a virus the amount of resources it uses is no joke, my drive was constantly running at max speed. 100% CPU usage. The longer i left it on my laptops the worst the performance became. Surfing the web with any browser was painfully slow web pages took a eternity to load. Now that i have got rid of 2010 my laptops are again running like the high end machine that they are.

I would hazard a guess that the software has been rushed to market without adequate testing and now been fixed on the fly. After reading the forums there are major problems problems with this program. I was lucky I use time Machine which saved by bacon several times, i lost no data (i back up religiously) just my personal time. I am sorry I wasted so much time and effort trying to get it to work as advertised.

My new software suite is working great. My advise is get rid of 2010 and think of the $80 as a expensive lesson, and get yourself some good software that not will not cause you endless grief. You certainly cannot depend on Bitdefender support it is just to hit and miss if they will even reply. I have been unable to use online backup since my purchase, I had a couple of fixes from support neither worked. I have heard nothing from them since 19/2/10. The online backup was a bit selling point in my view.

Hope you all get your problems fixed.

This discussion has been closed.