Slow Response Right Click Trash And Computer

Hi, i'm using Bitdefender x64 on win 7 x64 all updated. I've noticed when i click right button of mouse on the trash or the computer icon in start panel i have to wait some seconds before the popu appear. Without bitdefender all works fine.

Is a knew bug? Is there a solution?

Comments

• Hi, i'm using Bitdefender x64 on win 7 x64 all updated. I've noticed when i click right button of mouse on the trash or the computer icon in start panel i have to wait some seconds before the popu appear. Without bitdefender all works fine.

Is a knew bug? Is there a solution?

I have exactly the same issue, its due to uiscan.exe locking up the ui (user interface) I have raised it here already, but its seems responce is very slow (I read one where it took 6 mnths!!)

The only solution I've found so far is to start Task Manager (or equivalent) as soon as windows starts (b4 the slow down), watch the running processes, the moment you see uiscan.exe appear, click on it then select shutdown process, if your not quick enough that wont work & you'll have to re-boot again.

• now,in facts, i don't see no process with uiscan.exe name, this becaouse ive to restart in your opinion. I think that is a good solution your one, thanks for the information but the realy question is..can you disable uiscan.exe prom bd control panel? and if where you stay in os you dont see the process why te slow popuo don't appeart only at the beginning and continuosly give this problem in the os? this is a problem, but , if i can help you, i see that when i clich right button a process( uiscan for you or other) check hard drive also. In facts when i click and i wait the popup, i see the light of my wd passport blinks. Do you have noticed this thing?

• now,in facts, i don't see no process with uiscan.exe name, this becaouse ive to restart in your opinion. I think that is a good solution your one, thanks for the information but the realy question is..can you disable uiscan.exe prom bd control panel? and if where you stay in os you dont see the process why te slow popuo don't appeart only at the beginning and continuosly give this problem in the os? this is a problem, but , if i can help you, i see that when i clich right button a process( uiscan for you or other) check hard drive also. In facts when i click and i wait the popup, i see the light of my wd passport blinks. Do you have noticed this thing?

I wonder if your install is different as u have 7 & i have xp

As I stated on my thread, I tried deleting uiscan.exe, but u can't, you can't even rename it.

Its also not started as a seperate service, so I cant block it that way!! :(

• I have been messing with this (real headache) but I`ve got somewhere, I managed to disable uiscan & the issue remained.

What I discovered was that for some reason (updates??) when bitdefender starts it causes ntdvm.exe to run, that clashes with bdagent.exe & creates the issue, if you stop bdagent.exe running in the startup but only run it when you need, the issue is gone. BUT you now only have access to Basic settings, but at least the pc can work!!

You could try turning off updates, or bd check of windows updates, see if that stops it running ntdvm.exe so causing issue, I can't do that no more on mine now & I ain't going back just to test!!

• uff i thought bf was the best antivirus but i see there are a lot of problems. Thanks a lot

• Hello all,

Regarding your issues, please be so kind as to follow the steps from this link in order to provide us with the reports we need for further investigation.

The reports will be sent directly to our Technical Support Team and you will receive an automatic reply shortly. Please send me a PM with the ticket ID from the Subject of the e-mail so that I may analyze the reports and send you a solution as soon as possible.

Thank you.