Unable To Install Bd Ts 2010

Every time I try to install BD TS 2010 on Windows Vista Home Premium SP2 64bit I get the following error:

Error 1402. Could not open key:

UNKNOWN\Components\7A17F1B46C057B443ADA6B3C75B48B69

\568774731F3A2774DA34AACFB6FC9FF9. System error 5. Verify that you have

sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel.

I used the BD Uninstall Tool to remove BD TS 2009 and ran the 2010 exe an an Administrator but still no dice.

TS 2009 installed and ran without a hitch last year with no need to change any registry settings, so why this problem now?

Comments

• Sam234
    edited February 2010

That may be a blessing in discise, I'm starting to wish I had'nt

There appears to be little support here, many seem to find software hangs the pc as routines are bugged and I read here there more hastle when u try to uninstall!!

The only ones I`ve read where they say it works is when installing windows afresh, then adding BD b4 anything else!!

• neutrino
    edited February 2010

I'm currently swapping emails with the BD helpdesk and I even sent them a vidcap of the aborted install so hopefully they'll be able to help me out.

As a sidenote I was able to install the 32bit version on my XP computers without any problems.

• Hello!

@neutrino : I notice you already have a ticket ID with one of my colleagues. Please reply to his e-mail in case the issue is not solved or please send me a PM and let me know if you still have this issue.

@Sam234 : I noticed that you posted in the last few days similar issues on 5 different topics. Please post only on one topic, otherwise you might receive different solutions to the same problem, which will create confusion for you as well as for us.

Thank you.